Search results

1. Smokering

The Mordaunt-Short Owners Thread

Are a pair of MS45Ti worth $200.00 ? I assume a McIntosh MC2205 can drive them.
  2. Smokering

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Sept 3, 2018
  3. Smokering

Does a power conditioner do anything for audio quality?

I’m using a Panamax also. My thinking was it would save the life of my McIntosh power switches. Also I have an empty slot in my racks and the Craigslist price was right. She said her ex left it at the house. The price was right from this single mom. I paid cash. No services exchanged. How could...
  4. Smokering

Today's JAZZ playlist

Miles Davis and John Coltrane needed some help from Bill Evans on 5 tracks. A nice $2.00 CD from goodwill.
  5. Smokering

What CD are you listening to? What CD Player?

ARC thrift store find. Norah is well worth $1.99 + tax. That CD player listed below.
  6. Smokering

Mc 2205 Rebuild Kit

Considering a recap of my MC2205 before I have an issue with caps. Not sure if they are original. I see recap kits from hifiaudio ( Brooklyn, NY) on eBay for 195.00. Kit includes : high quality Japanese Nichicon / Panasonic / IC / United Chemi capacitors. Instructions and schematics. Any...
  7. Smokering

MC2205 up in smoke

What does a restore of a MC2205 usually cost in 2020 ?
  8. Smokering

Picture from your listening spot right now!

I had that New Orleans Jazz Fest Framed/Signed in my basement before it flooded. Luckily I had no music listening room down there at that time.
  9. Smokering

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

10. Smokering

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Coke bottle green/clear vinyl. Autographed during a recent Record Store in store show. Should new vinyl need a cleaning ? A little popping during first play.
  11. Smokering

Vinyl only spin list

12. Smokering

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Random Rab - Global Unity Music Festival on Twitch
  13. Smokering

Room Service Music Festival - YouTube
  14. Smokering

Today's JAZZ playlist

15. Smokering

Today's JAZZ playlist

My first unreadable disk from Goodwill. First 2 tracks were amazing. Then all hell broke loose. A replacement is on my list.
  16. Smokering

Playing It Loud

There’s lots of reasons my man cave is in the basement. Loud is one of them. Blues, Jazz, etc can really come alive when the JBL woofers are moving. My system has an 11 on my volume knob.
  17. Smokering

Today's JAZZ playlist

Miles Davis with a little help: Herbie Hancock Chick Corea Wayne Shorter
  18. Smokering

I could not pass the 2 disk set at one of the thrift stores my wife frequents. She enables my addiction. Anyway it was well worth the price of admission since I have no other Billy Joel in my collection.
  19. Smokering

Today's JAZZ playlist

20. Smokering

Favorite Steely Dan Album

I already voted for Aja. Even though I don’t own it yet. I want it on vinyl and Gaucho on SACD. Decade of Dan is one my system demo disks. Is this book worthwhile ? I know there are a couple updated editions. One has the Aja cover artwork.
  21. Smokering

Miracord Elac 40a

It works well other than issue when arm returns to cradle and does not always drop in the cradle. Seller is asking $100.00. $100.00 seems a little high based on what I have seen on AK. How hard is it to replace cartridge ? Hard to find the changer spindle ? Is the little lever with black handle...
  22. Smokering

Today's JAZZ playlist

23. Smokering

Vinyl only spin list

Back
Top Bottom