Search results

1. DCH

Best Amp For 6xx

These love tubes. A Bottlehead Crack is a high-impedance Senn’s best friend.
  2. DCH

Burson Audio - Timekeeper 3ir

Hi all, I've been away from here for some time... fell down the Head-Fi rabbit hole. I've would up with a Burson Timekeeper 3ir - an all-in-one streaming integrated amp - which I got to drive some hard-to-drive headphones (Hifiman Susvara and Hifiman HE6SEv2). I'm going to start playing around...
  3. DCH

1/4" jack headphones of quality...

Vintage AKGs are awesome. I listen to my Sextetts almost as much as my crazy expensive ZMFs. They run about $150 secondhand. I like them so much I’ve started an unhealthy collection of AKGs from that era - the late production K240 Sextetts, a pair of K240DFs and now a pair of K340s. No single...
  4. DCH

Let's see your cans!

ZMF Verité Closed - 2nd run of stabilized, named "Neptunia" ZMF Auteurs in Indian Almond
  5. DCH

Show your headphone amplifier

Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball + 20k DACT-style stepped attenuator (I hate the knob. Others are coming.)
  6. DCH

Dual 1019 ground hum when auto cycling?

Hi all, my Dual 1019 is now my main headphone turntable, and it sounds great (I mean, I can hear the idler wheel rumble between tracks, but that's not an issue). Only problem I'm running into is that whenever the automatic functions cycle, there's a bit of what sounds like a ground hum. I also...
  7. DCH

What are your TOTL headphones?

I’ve had a bunch so far and right now my top dog is a pair of ZMF Auteurs. That may change when my Verite Closed arrives. They love tubes and play really well with my heavily modified Darkvoice and my Liquid Platinum.
  8. DCH

My '80's Powerhouse System

I’ve read that it’s possible for a cap to go wonky and kill the little computer that controls the arm, which is unobtanium. Keeping an eye on it at all times though.
  9. DCH

I think I shall. I love it.
  10. DCH

Yeah I love this Sony. It's amazingly easy to use and dead silent noise floor. As long as that Biotracer arm doesn't crap out on me it might be un-upgradeable.
  11. DCH

At some point I may try to add a similar-era Luxman CD player (D-105u maybe?) to the stack rather than the Teac, but for now it's slick from top to bottom.
  12. DCH

Just finished this weekend getting this all set up - recently acquired the preamp and did some repairs on the amp (speaker relay replacements). Receiver: Luxman R-117 Preamp: Luxman TP-117 Turntable: Sony PS-X600 CD player: Teac CD P650 Speakers: KEF 103.2 Streaming: Apple...
  13. DCH

Luxman R-117 Speaker Relay Access/Replacement

Oh, and here's the final full stack I'm playing with:
  14. DCH

Luxman R-117 Speaker Relay Access/Replacement

Thought I'd toss a few pictures up here as it's kinda hard to find a step-by-step of replacing the notoriously fail-prone speaker relays in the R-117. PLEASE NOTE: I am not an expert in anything. Try this at your own risk. MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG THE UNIT and leave it unplugged for, like, a...
  15. DCH

Any reason not having relays in your Speaker B path would be bad?

Fine fine, the other relays arrived and I put them in. Not terribly hard once you figure out the way to get to them.
  16. DCH

Any reason not having relays in your Speaker B path would be bad?

Hi all, I just replaced the Speaker A relays on my R-117. While I was in there, I took out the Speaker B relays, but I only had 2 relays to install - so right now, the whole thing is back together with fresh relays in A, and no relays in B. I do have two more coming in a week or so, but I'm not...
  17. DCH

Luxman remote question

Crud. The R has an input on the back for a remote sensor or remote input. Wonder if that’s how they’re meant to pair up, with something of a wired remote going from pre to receiver that just carries a power on/off signal.
  18. DCH

Luxman remote question

That’s a fantastic idea, for whatever reason I’ve never considered plugging a receiver into the switched power on something else. Guess I was stuck on the “you plug things into the receiver, not the other way around” mentality.
  19. DCH

Luxman remote question

Hi all, I recently got a Luxman TP-117 to pair with my R-117, and it came with the remote - RTP-117, specifically. Is there a way for this remote to also control the R-117, at least to power on and off? thanks!
  20. DCH

Luxman TP117 question

That’s not what I’m doing. I’m running the pre out of the TP to the pre in of the R. The TP has a signal processor option on the back where you can add an equalizer. If you don’t have an equalizer you need to jump the TP signal processor out to the TP signal processor in. The signal processor...
  21. DCH

Luxman TP117 question

Yes, but there are signal processor in/out ports on the TP117 that are typically bridged unless you have an equalizer in between. Those bridges are what was missing.
  22. DCH

Luxman TP117 question

Figured it out, no jumpers in the signal processor in/out connections.
  23. DCH

Luxman TP117 question

Hi all, I just got one of these to serve as a preamp for my R117. It sounds amazing, but only in CD Straight mode. When that’s off it’s extremely quiet and only outputs to one channel. I’m sure it’s a simple enough settings thing, but I’m not really in a frame of mind to figure it out. Any help...
  24. DCH

Anyone know where to get parts for a K240 Sextett?

I have a pair of LP Sextetts that I really, really adore. Problem is I messed them up a little bit... they were my "test" headphones for removable cable mods, and long story short, I carved out a bit too much of the plastic cap on the right side trying to get a Mini XLR jack to fit in there...
Back
Top Bottom