Search results

1. DerekSmalls

thoughts on a technics tt - help a noob

Ok, 2 cents, either table seems reasonably priced if they work well. I’m in a similar situation as you. Have a Thorens 145 mkII needing some work. Dilemma is do i fix the Thorens now or buy a place holder direct drive till I can do the 145 up right? I’m keeping my nickels and pennies and...
  2. DerekSmalls

Best/worst record labels?

MCA hands down. The Who recordings (non-Decca) and anything else on that label for that matter are Halloween Horrific!.. even CD releases are bad
  3. DerekSmalls

Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

Some of my past and present Mopars... 52,000 mile 69 SuperBee 383/4-speed (now in Germany!!) 71 Challenger convertible 340/727 (still own it.. but in paint and body jail/hell) the GTO is my dads car which he still has 75 Duster (360/727) 72 Satellite Sebring Plus 318/904 which I sold to buy...
  4. DerekSmalls

Anybody Live Where Weed Is Legal?

Tinctures are little glass bottles with rubber topped droppers. Squeeze the weed juice into the dropper and put it under your tongue, put it into a drink, whatever. There’s also (hope I don’t get into trouble with the mods..) weed ‘lubes’ for sexy time.. The drinkables have been harder to...
  5. DerekSmalls

Anybody Live Where Weed Is Legal?

2 cents, weed wasn’t my thing in my youth. Tried it many times but... meh.. smoking was (forgive the pun) a drag Now, with pot edibles I really enjoy the buzz and not being hungover like alcohol. Dispensaries are common here which keeps prices competitive. You can get...
  6. DerekSmalls

Gratitude is boring

BUT.. I’m gonna take a moment to thank AK’er SoCal Sam for recommending Tom at Northridge Electronics in Simi Valley. Not sure if there’s a proper forum for this kind of thing (?) but for guys like me who are new to gear addiction it can be a challenge to get good/reasonable help. Tom is...
  7. DerekSmalls

What an idiot!

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the time and information. You saved me from myself ($) and my wife will be less unhappy with me... Just a little less She’s still bitter that i brought these ‘projects’ home. The search continues for proper LE10H-1’s.. One on ebay reconed as a...
  8. DerekSmalls

What an idiot!

Of course I’m the idiot.. but since yer here.. quick question. Are JBL 2123 bass speakers a straight swap for LE10-H1’s in the L96? And does anyone have any opinion about sound differences between the two? I have a pair of 96’s that are woofer-less and there’s a set of 2123’s available near...
  9. DerekSmalls

Couple questions about L96's...

and of course I need the tweeter screens and the grills. Not panhandling here, just new to the obsession. Must fix broken things! and my 71 Challenger is in paint and body hell so this is my 'me time' project dammit! (sigh)
  10. 38D9DC

38D9DC

11. C9872B

C9872B

12. DerekSmalls

ACA1351 by DerekSmalls posted Sep 25, 2018 at 10:41 PM
  13. ACA1351

ACA1351

14. DerekSmalls

F94BF3 by DerekSmalls posted Sep 25, 2018 at 10:34 PM
  15. F94BF3

F94BF3

16. DB17421A

DB17421A

The hacking
  17. DerekSmalls

Bought a pair of sequential numbered L96's with junk chinese woofers and one blown 044 tweeter. Didn't know about the 044 being bad and I'm looking for a replacement. The mids are all good and everything powers up. The question is, I have a possibility of picking up a pair of NOS 2123's...
  18. DerekSmalls

Knuckle-dragging 'newb''lurker' in Los Angeles

My avatar is a picture of Warren Oates in a 70 GTO (non Judge but w the stripes) from the movie ‘Two Lane Blacktop’. And thanks everyone for the welcome!
  19. DerekSmalls

Knuckle-dragging 'newb''lurker' in Los Angeles

Hello from the valley! I'm not the most talkative person on the web but I'm having an audio mid life crisis (i'm 52). I'm here to pick the brains of you folks in most things vintage stereo related. Currently I have a Sansui 5000A that was 'refurbished' by someone and sold on fleabay.. Strike...
  20. DerekSmalls

A Newb from So Cal

Well, that’s not me in the avatar, that’s Warren Oates the actor in his GTO from ‘Two Lane Blacktop’. I’m a mopar guy with a soft spot for Pontiacs.
  21. DerekSmalls

A Newb from So Cal

Might as well say hello as well. SoCal newb in North Hills west of the 405.
Back
Top Bottom