Search results

1. DerekSmalls

Gratitude is boring

BUT.. I’m gonna take a moment to thank AK’er SoCal Sam for recommending Tom at Northridge Electronics in Simi Valley. Not sure if there’s a proper forum for this kind of thing (?) but for guys like me who are new to gear addiction it can be a challenge to get good/reasonable help. Tom is...
  2. DerekSmalls

What an idiot!

Of course I’m the idiot.. but since yer here.. quick question. Are JBL 2123 bass speakers a straight swap for LE10-H1’s in the L96? And does anyone have any opinion about sound differences between the two? I have a pair of 96’s that are woofer-less and there’s a set of 2123’s available near...
  3. DerekSmalls

Couple questions about L96's...

Bought a pair of sequential numbered L96's with junk chinese woofers and one blown 044 tweeter. Didn't know about the 044 being bad and I'm looking for a replacement. The mids are all good and everything powers up. The question is, I have a possibility of picking up a pair of NOS 2123's...
  4. DerekSmalls

Knuckle-dragging 'newb''lurker' in Los Angeles

Hello from the valley! I'm not the most talkative person on the web but I'm having an audio mid life crisis (i'm 52). I'm here to pick the brains of you folks in most things vintage stereo related. Currently I have a Sansui 5000A that was 'refurbished' by someone and sold on fleabay.. Strike...
Back
Top Bottom