Search results

1. Sunnybaker

I'm being seduced again!!

2 2 channel
  2. Sunnybaker

I'm being seduced again!!

Well last year I sold it all and decided to move on but.... I just cant... I ...just cant. So here I am again. Getting back in the game. I am looking for some thoughts on two sets of mono blocks Im considering I am looking at a really nice pair: McIntosh MC 50's or Harman Kardon Citation...
  3. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

i just looked at the schematic… its pretty clear this is way over my head …
  4. Sunnybaker

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

THIS IS PHENOMENAL - OUTRAGEOUSLY PRACTICAL - THOUGHTFULLY CRAFTED - WHAT A GIFT!
  5. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

im up in Soap Lake Washington - close to not a lot…
  6. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

thanks - hood advise. i posted a photo of my speaker cable…im still learning how to properly use this site as well im still on the hunt for a service manual
  7. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

8. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

i posted some photos. where should i look for the black flags? That is exactly where the smoke came from...thank you.
  9. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

i uploaded a bunch of photos.... not sure which are pertinent. Tha i think i want to do this. it is something ive wanted to learn for a long time. ill at least get as far as i can...
  10. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

11. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

I opened it up last night - one of the two fuses was blown - it had been changed before. . i looked around as best as i could and could find no signs of damage (burn marks, melted solder ...) the bottom of the amp looks like it is brand new. from the top it is pretty dusty. i think the guy...
  12. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

Ray, is this a difficult process?
  13. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

ok- thanks
  14. Sunnybaker

Kenwood L-07M Repair & Restoration

im interested - i just damaged one of my 07's ....im up in Washington though ... 425-588-6431 call or text
  15. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

i posted this in the diy section as well - not sure if that is allowed - my apologies if i am committing a foul... Last night i hooked up my Kenwood L-07's they worked great for 15 sec. then the left went silent... i stood up to take a closer listen to see if there was any sound coming form...
  16. Sunnybaker

...UP IN SMOKE??!!??

Last night i hooked up my Kenwood L-07M's they worked great for 15 sec. then the left went silent... i stood up to take a closer listen to see if there was any sound coming form the speaker and as I approached, poof - a little trail of smoke arouse from the top just above the speaker...
  17. Sunnybaker

MAGNEPAN SMG ANY REASON NOT TO BUY?

i got them home - then put together - from walmart -the connections - converter box - to connect from my cheep tv to my “new to me mcintosh 2505 … the cheapest cables and the worst source ever and they sound way better than i could have imagined… so this is where i begin again. i am so...
  18. Sunnybaker

i picked up a mc2505 yesterday as well… thinking It should be a good match
  19. Sunnybaker

mc2505 i also picked this up yesterday
  20. Sunnybaker

basic 2505 restoration difficulty level

here we go - patience is my friend here
  21. Sunnybaker

basic 2505 restoration difficulty level

looks pretty clean…looks like its been on a shelf for most of its life… i took a chance and bought it with out hearing it. i got a pretty good sense of the seller and trusted him…we powered it up and i felt it for heat and tested the meters and everything seemed ok. time will tell but i...
  22. Sunnybaker

i like it all… ive had all types of speakers and they all have unique attributes. carver Al -3’s were probably my favorite… thus the interest in the planar’s (or ribbons) im curious to hear the difference for myself.
  23. Sunnybaker

well it all seemed to good to be true…i was given the story that they were owned by an elderly couple - a retired engineer… never moved… in excellent condition … well it was all true. they are is as good of condition as i could have imagines. i listened to them via a marants 2230 (?) and...
  24. Sunnybaker

maybe do some crossover upgrades / mods…i just want to get inside there and see whats going on… i dont know if there are any wire options that may improve the performance or will simply replacing help or not…
  25. Sunnybaker

yea sorry - was at work … gets a little obnoxious
Back
Top Bottom