Search results

1. DirtyDog

Pioneer SX-780 right channel hiss and strange meter output signal

I just got a Pioneer SX-780. It sounds pretty good but there is an issue with the right channel. As long as I have speakers hooked up to it and select the appropriate A or B selector the meters seem to function properly and both channels output audio properly. However, as soon as I release...
  2. DirtyDog

Help! Smoke started coming out of Marantz 4270!!! :(

Help! I just got a used 4270. It apparently had been used in 4 channel mode at 25 Wats per channel . I will be using 2 speakers only so I turned the receiver off and switched the back switch to 70watts per channel in 2 channel mode. When I turned it on I got a loud hum through the speakers...
  3. DirtyDog

Sansui 7070 no output signal from tuner :(

Hi, My Sansui 7070 is working fine from the AUX and PHONO inputs but FM and AM give no signal at all (not even static) and the neither of TUNER meters move when I turn the tuning dial. (neither the FM muting button nor the DOLBY ADAPTOR button make any difference) It was working in the past...
  4. DirtyDog

Marantz 2250 opinions?

Hi, I have a chance of getting a Marantz 2250. If any of you have or had one of these, how does it compare to other Marantz offerings? What things do you like and not like about it? I don't necessarily need a lot of power although it's nice to know power is available if needed, so would a...
  5. DirtyDog

What is the best 70s Marantz receiver?

I am considering getting a 70s vintage Marantz receiver. I know there are many models and options. Which one should I get? I was considering a 2230 but I think I will regret not getting a higher powered model. Also, I think I prefer the classic black dial models. I am sure there will be...
  6. DirtyDog

Pioneer SX-750 hum issue repair???

I just recently purchased a Pioneer SX-5560 (SX-750 in black) and it has the hum issue that seems to be fairly common in these models. After reading some threads it looks like there are some capacitors that go bad and need to be replaced in particular C17 & C18. On ebay I found a listing for a...
  7. DirtyDog

I want to get my first Pioneer. Should I get SX-1250, or SX-1280?

I'm thinking of purchasing a Pioneer SX receiver, but I am not sure which one to get. I don't want to buy one of the lower end models because I know I will ultimately want to move up to a higher wattage model so I am looking probably at the following models: SX-1250, or SX-1280. I want to...
  8. DirtyDog

What is a good upgrade from Sansui 7070?

I just got a Sansui 7070 and even though it is a measly 60 watts per channel I can really feel the power and authority with which it drives my speakers even at lower volumes. I like it! I don't usually listen to music extremely loud but I like to feel that good clean power. If I want to get...
  9. DirtyDog

Sansui 7070 sounds garbled until it warms up!

Hi, I just purchased my second Sansui. A 7070 which I am really enjoying. One quick questions for the experts: Everything sounds great after about a minute of warming up, but initially, after the protection relay kicks in, the sound is a little bit garbled. Is this normal? What could cause...
  10. DirtyDog

Sansui G6000 scratchy left channel help!!!

I just purchased a Sansui G6000 with a left channel problem. I can hear music through both channels but the left channel is extremely scratchy and makes very loud popping sounds causing the VU meter to bounce constantly. When I first turn on the receiver the noise is barely there but as it...
  11. DirtyDog

Sansui G-6000 bad left channel question

Hi, I'm a newbie to vintage receivers. I found a Sansui G-6000 for sale locally and I went to look at it but when I tested it there was a problem with the left channel. It looks like there is a high power signal constantly being sent to the left channel on both A and B speaker outputs. When...
Back
Top Bottom