Search results

1. T68

Turntable for 800-1200 euro

Hi! I agree with others about bang for the buck regarding vintage vs new. But finding a gem in the wild is getting harder and harder. If you´r looking for new I thing maybe the Technics SL100c may be worth a look together with the Regas and Projects in that price range. Good Luck!
  2. T68

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Giving the cheap Black Diamond stylus som track time in the ADC ZLM cartridge on my diy acrylic truss supa-arm. 40 euro stylus and 20 euro tonearm (material cost) never sounded this good :D!
  3. T68

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

JJ Cale - Collected
  4. T68

What TT's do you folks have

Recently finished this 66-pounder. A Lenco L75 based homebrew multilayerd plinth with a DIY Sideways Unipivot tonearm inspired by the Supatrac Blackbird and the Doozers in the Fraggle Rock TV-show. There should also be kudos to some old greek engineer philosopher guy who figured out the...
  5. T68

John Lee Hooker - The Healer
  6. T68

Yamaha GT-2000 from Japan, or TD-125 locally?

The Thorens is good The Yammy is a legend
  7. T68

Decent vintage Pioneer TT?

I'm with Rob here. Look for TTs in the PL41,51,61,71 series. The hard to find direct drive P71 being the top dog of course. But the others no slouches either. Happy hunting!
  8. T68

9. T68

What to look for in an affordable Ultrasonic Cleaner for vinyl?

I haven't been US cleaning any records for good year or so. Just haven't had the time and inclination for it. But after our life situation at home is starting to settle down, and also finishing a behemoth of a turntable build, I may just be ready to go at it again. Starting tonight with slowing...
  10. T68

Modern day high elliptical tracking forces concern..

Record wear. Another thing to worry about besides VTF, VTA, rake angle, wow, flutter, stylus wear, azimuth, speed stabily, hum, buzz, grounding, cleaning, zombies, static, feedback, damping, interference, loading, impedance, resistance, gain levels...
  11. T68

Thanks! So micro line is the same as micro ridge?
  12. T68

Which manufacturers offers mm cartridges with micro ridge stylus these days?
  13. T68

Wouldn't running at lighter VTF and a cartridge with more compliant suspension also be beneficial for sound quality in general? I mean using less grove-energy to move the suspension around would mean more energy left for producing music? ... this coming from a guy who enjoys running an ADC ZLM...
  14. T68

15. T68

Show Us Your Little Turntables!

My little Philips suitcase player usually comes along on our trips with the camper van :-) .
  16. T68

17. T68

"Well now I'm no hero, that's understood All the redemption I can offer, girl, is beneath this dirty hood."
  18. T68

19. T68

Sony ps x6 with Dual cs 714 arm frankentable

A Duony!
  20. T68

Dual 1229 idler wheel not contacting the motor

As tourmax wrote: the idler sits on a moving arm to engage the platter. This has to swing freely.
  21. T68

Turntable advice

Hi! I have no experience with those turntables mentioned. But that Pioneer may be the one to look more closely at. But buying used fully automatics without knowledge or experience with repairing yourself,nor having a repair shop close can be a bit of a gamble. These kind of decks usually need...
  22. T68

Supatrac blackbird tonearm review

Now Michael Fremers review is out over at the Tracking Angle website: https://trackingangle.com/equipment/the-supatrac-blackbird-farpoint-a-tonearm-like-no-other After a minor rant over some issues with installation and the instructions in the manual he gives it a very, very good review which...
  23. T68

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Gold
  24. T68

Is my Sony turntable HAUNTED?

I would start troubleshooting the amp. The fading behaviour sounds more like an amp thing than a turntable thing. Either by connecting another tt if you have one or can borrow. If the problem persists it's something in the amp. If it goes away it's the turntable. Or by running the tt...
  25. T68

Eric Clapton - Another Ticket
Back
Top Bottom