Search results

1. brunomarcs

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

(Dont go down the measurement rabbit hole please, save that for Amir) The heavier platter and plinth on these versus my victors, using the same cartridge multiple times, the GT 2000 smoked them. It was immediately clear. So With the Same cartridge and the victors running at the same speed it's...
  2. brunomarcs

A new rack

I should've mentioned this is a copy of the silent running audio Craz 4 rack. It has this detail. I used the mdf like stuff just to add some mass. It's not doing anything in particular unless I place something directly on top of it!
  3. brunomarcs

A new rack

I was gonna do this here 4" strip glued down on the two pieces front to back. Drill four holes and use something like a Mad Scientist footer, the actual shelves that hold the gear wouldn't be in contact with the quarter sawn red oak. The splalted pieces are beautiful.
  4. brunomarcs

A new rack

I'm building a 48'' tall 20'' deep 30'' wide rack and the shelves are as such in picture. What do you think is a good option to go from here? The one thing not pictured is I have a piece of xterra in a groove in each of the shelves. Xterra is like mdf but for exterior use, it has epoxy resins...
  5. brunomarcs

I have a hard time on why his ideas on a plinth design would not be overly welcomed. It could've been really helpful! Perhaps this forum is all he had and was just devastated when told not to post them. Either way I'll leave it at that. I've only streamed for over a year now. Still not setup...
  6. brunomarcs

Somebody told Theo not to post his ideas on a plinth design? Now he's gone?
  7. brunomarcs

A GT-2000x saga...

I have two of those saec arms and would like to know the findings of others using them with the GT-2000. Are they better than the stock arms? I haven't listened enough to really make an assessment, I find the 407/23 just doesn't look right mounted on a GT next to the oversized platter, looks...
  8. brunomarcs

Repair black wood veneer - Infinity Kappa

I would for go the paint, I'd never paint any speaker for that matter, unless I could do a piano finish. Veneer them suckers, make 'em look like furniture. I built these subs.
  9. brunomarcs

Jvc QL-Y7

Pleasant plucker, your aware of which tables I have.it's the one your using. I'm not gonna bash the QL-Y 7, I say the heavier platter on the GT 2000 allows us more. You get what you pay for sometimes. I feel there both a bargain though.
  10. brunomarcs

Jvc QL-Y7

I've sold the JVC's and 1 Victor, have 1 more Victor to move. There was no saving that switch, the new owner has bought a parts machine and replaced said switch. I learned a valuable lesson, Deoxit isn't to always be used. Also I do miss the servo tonearm but have found bliss with a more...
  11. brunomarcs

Amp stands

I made another end grain bloc, this for my Dac which won't reach it now, cables to short. Waiting on building a new rack, waiting on my lumber to dry. This is Brazilian cherry
  12. brunomarcs

Electric service gone bad

The transformer has 25 on it. The older one had a 15! If you plug several power cords into one outlet what do you have? If you tie in two houses on the only legs coming out of one transformer what do you have? There has to be some line noise that can get through. If he's got 3.5 tons of air and...
  13. brunomarcs

Well I didn't get my way after all and I knew it wasn't gonna happen. The linesman can tell me anything, it's not up to him. They would've had to put in another pole and transformer to install sons house power, this way was a whole lot easier and less expensive. I wasn't trying to be a you know...
  14. brunomarcs

They refuse to put any underground here for whatever reason. The power company came out and connected the temp power pole back 6 months ago and I told them I had all this audio gear and needed sq. They told me then it would probably mess with my sound, they showed up this morning and the whole...
  15. brunomarcs

Does anyone know if the power company comes off of my service to feed my sons house which he just built, will it affect my sq. Right now I seem to have clean power. As you see in the photo this transformer is in my yard, they want to swap it out using a larger transformer and feed both homes...
  16. brunomarcs

I sold my yp-d71 because it didn't hold a candle to the GT and yes I had that paper version protractor and let it go. Finding out now I could've used it.
  17. brunomarcs

How do (did) Infinity get this fluted effect on the sides of certain models?

There totally different on the kappa 8 and kappa 7 I have upon further examination.
  18. brunomarcs

There totally different on the kappa 8 and kappa 7 I have upon further examination.
  19. brunomarcs

Me thinks there individual pieces glued on to a paper like used in a paper backed veneer? I can see what appears to be MDF or a particle board between them though! I often wonder how I could make such small individual pieces of trim myself. It can be extremely hard to mill small pieces of trim...
  20. brunomarcs

Infinity 7 KAPPA / KAPPA 7 difference ??

It's like an adjustable table leg. Threaded insert threaded rod and a small cheap plastic footer.
  21. brunomarcs

New Schiit Freya plus vs Used rogue audio Perseus - opinions

I've been using a freya plus for awhile now and it's great, like it a lot. I just bought a Rogue Rp-7 and it has the stock jj's and there absolutely trash in my book. The pre is unlistenable for now and the schiit is back in service. Maybe it's not a good match for my ss amps idk. But am...
  22. brunomarcs

Troels B&W 802 crossover upgrade

I'm trying to do what Troels's done! Not much room. Did he cut them or fold them over ?
  23. brunomarcs

Troels B&W 802 crossover upgrade

I'm starting on this project and the first question I have is can I cut and re tint these ends on the foil cross coils as pictured? There entirely to long as you can see. I want to make sure I can cut them?
  24. brunomarcs

Yeah man for free. I paid for it on buyee, it came smashed up. Got a full refund on the unit and shipping fees refunded. The silver disc on speed change and on off we're just laying in box not damaged, they just glue on. The plinths corner was dented and naturally the dust cover is gonna be...
  25. brunomarcs

I like these kinda deals results in a huge savings. Simply repair the plinth. Here is one here I bought got it for free just had to buy a dust cover and the veneer.
Back
Top Bottom