Search results

1. Montycat

Tighten up Dual 1229 arm lift lever?

If it lowers slowly it doesn't need it. That's not your problem. But when it's needed it goes inside the "lift tube" above #206 above. It requires disassembly to get it in there. 500k silicone oil is as thick as molasses on the dark side of the moon.
  2. Montycat

Tighten up Dual 1229 arm lift lever?

The arm lowering slowly has nothing to do with it but that's good. The adjustment that Penn42 suggests is screw 218 as seen in the image Tourmax posted. Turn that clockwise a bit (raising the tonearm upward) and see if it helps.
  3. Montycat

Today's JAZZ playlist

There were special editions but the ones that I know of usually had special labelling or something. The MK7 was also recently released in several colours.
  4. Montycat

Today's JAZZ playlist

Thanks! A friend isn't convinced that this is a factory paint job but I am. Another characteristic that I have noticed is that the tonearm is partially black, in areas that most are silver, especially on the standard grey tables. Those bits are anodized here and were probably selected for the...
  5. Montycat

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

6. Montycat

A Can jam with my toast.
  7. Montycat

A little pre dinner mood music. I'm not quite sure what mood this is setting though. Das Boot Original Soundtrack #dasboot #originalsoundtrack #predinnermusic
  8. Montycat

Technics SL-1200MK2 white?

I've definitely seen those covers plus the stick on "skins". They are a decent, relatively affordable cure for DJ-itis. I however have painted or powder coated several now when the rest of the turntable was good enough to warrant it.
  9. Montycat

PL-A35 Micro Switches

There are 2 files (1 from me) in the thread I linked to. I'm virtually certain it's the Warren motor. Probably the brushes in it. The damn thing is actually riveted in place and otherwise hard to get at.
  10. Montycat

PL-A35 Micro Switches

What's the symptom? A bit of buzzing at beginning and end of the tonearm automatically cycle? Check this thread,: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pioneer-pl-a35-noise-issues.661521/page-2
  11. Montycat

Technics SL-1200MK2 white?

I picked this up for a fair price this weekend. The serial number defines it as a 1995 edition. I've never seen a white one, aside from one I stripped and painted white a couple of years ago. I also know that they released some recently (MK7?) in white and several other colours. I'm sure...
  12. Montycat

What's your latest audio purchase?

A practically mint SL-1200MK2 yesterday in a rare pure white colour. The serial number dates it as a 1995 model. I've never seen one before in white, except for one I repainted myself. This is factory though. It came with 2 headshells and cartridges plus a spare stylus for one and a DJ Art...
  13. Montycat

Today's JAZZ playlist

Night Train Vol. 2 - Oscar Peterson Trio #nighttrainvol2 #oscarpetersontrio #technics12O0mk2
  14. Montycat

Night Train Vol. 2 - Oscar Peterson Trio #nighttrainvol2 #oscarpetersontrio #technics12OOmk2
  15. Montycat

Stubborn Inner Platter on Thorens TD-166MkII

It should settle down eventually, unless you put in too much oil. The oil itself actually forms a sort of seal and the air gets trapped below the spindle holding the inner platter up. Usually the air escapes gradually and the platter descends.
  16. Montycat

Shure M91ED cartridge height

Howdy Pardner! That's a BIC turntable. The mat wraps down the sides of the platter and kind of clips into a notch.
  17. Montycat

Shure M91ED cartridge height

As has been said many times before, the lowest tracking force is not always the best. In fact it can be the least optimal of the range. I generally use or recommend the middle to upper end of the manufacturer's suggested range. It does look a bit low but not necessarily too low.
  18. Montycat

Arm lift for AR XA

I got a good deal on a Little Fwend which has a magnetic base making it very easy to work with on an AR steel top plate. Ones with sticky tape are a bit harder to get positioned, but still not hard. I've used several others but it's the best yet for an end of record type. Expensive though.
  19. Montycat

Anti-Skate

Have a good look at the cantilever on the cartridge from the front while it is in the groove and see if there is deflection one way or the other. Check it near the outside, the center and end of the record to see how it sits. Adjust the antiskate to get the cantilever as close to straight up and...
  20. Montycat

Written On The Wall - American Soul Music 1958-1974 On a Mark Levinson No 5105 Turntable #writtenonthewall #marklevinsonno5105
  21. Montycat

The Chambers Brothers - Love, Peace and Happiness #thechambersbrothers #lovepeaceandhappines
  22. Montycat

Need your help: Do I fix the Dual 1241 I got at auction or buy a new table in the $500-700 range

That's a ridiculous price. It probably needs a steuerpimpel, a belt and a bit of TLC. Maybe a cartridge. How handy are you? It's not that hard and there are many threads here on this or similar turntables.
  23. Montycat

Mistubishi LT640 Turntable...tracking issues

It's been 10 years but I worked on a similar one. See if this helps: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/mitsubishi-interplay-x-10.620359/
  24. Montycat

Thorens TD-124 DD VS. Classic TD-124

I got to play with the 124DD recently but there was no idler drive to compare it to. It's a nice turntable but I am not sure it's worth the price. Weird, very slow to operate, electric cueing motor.
  25. Montycat

What kind of can of worms is a McCurdy console?

The current owners are a community radio station on an island near me. They are considering using it at least partially for the ability to play 78s. My friend probably wiped that one down.
Back
Top Bottom