Search results

1. Goober2

Please Don't Call It A "Home Theater"...

I think I see the issue, you need a bigger tv in your "music room with a tv" to make it a home theater :lurk:. In all seriousness, looks like a nice setup
  2. Goober2

That Pair of Speakers You'll Keep Forever

The only thing I ever wanted from my grandfather when he passed was his speakers. After a bit of a falling out, I never thought that would happen, but I ended up getting them after all. So, I'll spend money foolishly (according to my wife) restoring them and hope to one day pass on my KLH Nines...
  3. Goober2

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

I do realize this, having them right next to the speakers and tv isn't ideal at all. They may simply move to the main living room at some point
  4. Goober2

Alright, I'll add one more. This is just the Pinnacle speakers playing Dire Straits which is where I think they really shine. In both videos, I'm streaming music from my amazon playlist so I'm certainly not getting the same quality as CD.
  5. Goober2

Thanks. Although I do agree, taking the video and listening to it a few times was eye opening. I've been so impressed with pinnacle speakers since I first heard them and just felt they never got the attention they deserved. But my system could still use a bit of tweaking. The Nines have a...
  6. Goober2

These are very different systems, but I did a comparison of my Pinnacle system and my KLH Nines. Both systems have an identical Polk sub matched up with them unfortunately they werent at the same level. I know the sound quality isn't fantastic coming from my phone, but take a listen. There...
  7. Goober2

KLH Nine in the house, or, “my strange electrostat addiction”!

I was not willing to attempt the repair/upgrade of the power supplies for many reasons and now I’m quite happy I didn’t. Worth the money. With a little advice from David, I think I’ll remove any woofer that is not working and send them to him to repair. As for power, I now have a Harman Karmon...
  8. Goober2

KLH Nine in the house, or, “my strange electrostat addiction”!

I’ll add to this discussion. I had David JansZen’s team rebuild my power supplies on my Nines and right away there was a noticeable improvement. I too had problems with one and not so much the other. I also now use a different amplifier that is much more appropriate power wise. The rebuild of...
  9. Goober2

Advice needed- new power source for KLH Nines

Thanks for the feedback twiiii. The HK I bought is the 3770 which puts out 120 @ 8ohms. Prior to this, I was using my 80's Denon which is only 65wpc. Both SS, I know, and at 16 ohms I'm looking at 1/2 the rating. My primary system is entirely Pinnacle beside the Polk 12" sub, but that's my...
  10. Goober2

I've asked questions in a few forums but never really got much for answers, so I got a new HK av receiver so I could have all the modern features like bluetooth and internetradio etc. Sounds good but I can't help but think it could always get better. I had David JansZen fully restore my nines...
  11. Goober2

Type and placement of speakers - pics added

What about going with good ceiling or in-wall speakers and a subwoofer tucked in a corner somewhere? I have 4 pinnacle k6 ceiling speakers with towers, center and a sub for my home theater. I can drop the fronts and just play the 4 ceilings and sub. Sound is surprisingly good, I listen to a lot...
  12. Goober2

Dolby Atmos - Thoughts . . .

This is an Atmos thread, no o_O Hahaha, anyhow
  13. Goober2

I'll try to make it simple. To make you feel like you're in the movie, sounds comes at you from direction it would if you were actually there. So noises above you, like rain come from the overhead speakers. It's pretty wild. If you have a plane flying at you from forward left and it flys over...
  14. Goober2

Just watched Ready Player One with my kids and it was quite well done. Couldn't be happier with my setup right now. Movie night at my house is a whole lot more enjoyable since I completed my system and put the new 4k tv in.
  15. Goober2

KLH Nines sitting in my closet

It would have been nice if the OP had posted where they were from. I know these are not cheap to restore
  16. Goober2

Bueller... Bueller... I'm thinking a tube amp, but I don't have much experience with them. Maybe I didn't post this in there right topic...
  17. Goober2

Pinnacle speakers- still in business??

Crap... thanks, will do. My luck, they'll be bought out by Sound United and I'll have the same difficulties as I had with my Polk's if they ever require anything. I'd almost just rather see Pinnacle brand disappear than just be another name in a so-so company
  18. Goober2

Pinnacle speakers- still in business??

I've noticed a few odd things with Pinnacle lately. I absolutely could not pass up the price on Amazon for the K6 ceiling speakers. At $79 a pair, I grabbed two sets. I was unable to do an online product registration or product feedback for my newest speakers through their website, so I...
  19. Goober2

Acurus a250 not working. Ideas/suggestions?

Alright, now that (I think) I’ve gotten over this damn amp causing real damage to my ESLs, the question is who repairs amps in Massachusetts and is it even worth it? Or am I better off just looking for a new amp at this point? I’m really quite pissed about this whole thing. The amp looks...
  20. Goober2

Solo and John Wick 2 are pretty bad ass. My buddy was over tonight and was pretty impressed when I threw in the Transformers- age of extinction. Unfortunately the picture in it leaves something to be desired with periodic graininess. He said the way the sound travels across my speakers made...
  21. Goober2

I am aware, thanks. I’ve spoken with David and have discussed doing a basic restoration. It was after those discussions with him that I felt the need to rethink the amp, hence the question. I have one too small and one too large. The real problem with restoring them is that I’d want them...
  22. Goober2

So much for a cheap fix. I replaced both fuses, hooked up speakers and plugged it in just to get a fairly loud buzzing noise when I turned the switch on. I think I should have tested it out on some cheap speakers first... fml
  23. Goober2

I've started to collect Atmos enabled blu-rays and for the most part, I love it. As stated by damacman, some are quite impressive and some are just decent. I've gone entirely with Pinnacle speakers, 4 of them are the K6 ceiling speakers. My kids love watching movies in our home theater, now I...
  24. Goober2

Let me start by saying that I am not necessarily looking for something new. I’m open to suggestions, especially from those with first hand experience with these electrostatics. What I’m looking for is a new amp to go with my Krell preamp OR an integrated amp for my pair of Nines. I plan to...
  25. Goober2

Well, I had checked the externally accessible fuse, but just wasn't thinking there were going to be 4 more inside. Foolish on my part I suppose. Took the lid off and found both 6 amp fuses blown. This Acurus has not had a hard life, so I was surprised to find it not working. I'll take a cheap...
Back
Top Bottom