1. F

Best dac for me under $500?

:thmbsp:
  2. F

That looks really legit. Thanks.
  3. F

I like the tuby sound as I think it compliments the Grado's NOS dac's interest me. I think upsampleling has some downsides. Been looking at the teradak chameleon a lot I hear that is incredibly harsh. I do like the multiple inputs though. This has also been on my radar. Where so you...
  4. F

I am looking for a Dac for under $500 bucks. Optical input and 96khz+ are the only must haves. This will go from my PC to my LD1+ to my Grado 325is. Any suggestions? I have been reading up on this stuff for weeks now but the DAC market is flooded and confusing as heck.
  5. F

New Cans...Grado 325i or other?

I got a pair a week ago and totally fell in love with them.
  6. F

Wharfedale E-50's, Long Island, 125$

Gogogogogo:banana::banana:! http://longisland.craigslist.org/ele/1702831082.html They look like they are in pretty nice shape to boot.
  7. F

wharfedale opinions

I have the cab's and yes one woofer was bent but I procured a replacement for it on the bay. So all I really need is a quad resurround/spider reglue. But on 12" butyl rubber's that gets pricey fast. If you ever see a pair for sale jump on them. I drove 100 miles each way for mine and they were...
  8. F

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

I have a pair of advent /3's that are in showroom condition. Other then a small nick int he veneer on the bottom they are out of box new. Oh yeah, and they sound great and I got them for 30 bucks!
  9. F

wharfedale opinions

I guess I will jump in with my E90's :P I don't have a close up, but you can see them in the left of my room: My drivers Survived a car accident! Unfortunately, though they survived, they need to be re surrounded and the spiders are undone. They are heartily screwed up. I lack...
  10. F

Looking for a very small amp

Not mine anymore :P I got it for my roomate. His first setup of any kind, needless to say he is thrilled to have something of his own after hearing all the audio gear i've pushed in and out of our dorm.
  11. F

Looking for a very small amp

Darth came through! Accurian it is, and check out the knobs he added, too cool. Sounds pretty damn good for what it is. Those JBL's go lower then I expected on their own.
  12. F

Darth is the man

Accurian made its way to Brooklyn nice an safe. And look at those knobs! Now my roomate has his first legit setup. Thanks man!
  13. F

RUN Wharfedale E-90's for 200 bucks

http://longisland.craigslist.org/ele/1452900646.html No affiliation. In any condition these are worth the 200. I would get them but I already have a pair :P
  14. F

newbie computer question

Get CrapCleaner, uninstall norton and everything it does. Norton is useless. Get AVG-Free, it is free and doesn't hog system resources. To be frank Norton might be your sole problem, especially if it is trying to do a ton of disk read/writes and has priority on the I/O over WMP. Second, ditch...
  15. F

Reciever and dvd player opinions please

I would look into some of Sony and Okyo's lower end 5.1 receivers. I have a Sony 5.1 I bought newish/used from that auction site for under 100 bucks a year ago and it works really well. Be forewarned you need to spend at least 300 or so to get a 5.1 receiver that will properly decode the audio...
  16. F

db Plus in NC

I own a pair a few models down and they are very nice. I Can only imagine these being well worth the refoam, especially for 50 bucks! Not affiliated etc. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/1432218573.html
  17. F

What speakers are these? Can't find ANYTHING.

Turn Tables aka record players aka phonographs
  18. F

how to choose a center channel speaker ?

I have to say I love how my new CV center is holding up. It is pretty cheap (80 bones) and gets the job done. The efficiency is also very similar to the pioneer's.
  19. F

That's because it is the best forum on audio :banana::thmbsp::thmbsp::banana:
  20. F

OH and btw, let me be the first to welcome you to AK :)
  21. F

Wow, the intent really does have nothing on them. They look amazingly well made for the size though. Are those 1/4" inputs?
  22. F

My Large Advent Econo-Waveguide Build Thread

Those waveguides looks they were meant to be there. Very mince build work man!
  23. F

The little stuff that bugs you...

Well, my main rig sits at home while I am in my dorm. Even when I am home, my old man makes me keep it off for energy costs, even though it draws very little power.
  24. F

How Many Systems Could You Build?

I have 4 systems up are running right now. Could build another 2 if I cannibalized the 5.1 HT. Yeah, I'm 22, and I'm addicted :(
  25. F

Polk Audio speakers?

I gotta say, even new polks are pretty good!
Back
Top Bottom