Search results

1. A

IMF owners thread!

@beekeo Thank you for your response
  2. A

IMF owners thread!

Hello everyone, after a long time I am here again. I own a couple of Professional Monitor speakers and plan to do a recap this year. I am still searching for the crossover schematic. The best address to order the parts is probably...
  3. A

IMF owners thread!

The CM2 look very nice. RSPM mk7, these are certainly very interesting loudspeakers. I am very happy with my PM.
  4. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Hello Jamie, I needed the parts a bit different than the original, because I had to rebuild the front cover too. A friend did the 3D printing for me. I only have the template I drew for the 3D print as AutoCad DWG and DXF. I attach the drawing, maybe it'll help you. @avionic : Thank you very...
  5. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Hello, I am back again. I had time to take a closer look at my two A-1020 I bought for getting spare parts. Now it is time to build one working A-1020 out of this two. I will do a complete re-cap this time and need some more parts than for my first A-1020, that will get new caps also. The...
  6. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

:rockon::thumbsup:
  7. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Yes, James, having fun listening with the A-1020. Sometimes the neighbors have to listen to good music too, whether they like it or not.
  8. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Two A-1020 arrived this week, both in optically very nice condition. Finally the front of my A-1020 looks great now too, I would even say it's near mint :biggrin: With the rest of the parts I can build another one.
  9. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Thanks for the compliments, not perfect but looking good. Just noticed there are some different models on the marked. My A-1020 has the option of 330/390 pF in the MM phono section, others have 220/330 pF like the manual says. :idea: Good news: I get 2 more devices as part carrier so I can put...
  10. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

until an original cover is found ... my self-made one 3D printed fastenings and brushed aluminium sheet metal, painting not ready yet
  11. A

IMF owners thread!

Hi all, my IMF are still original except for the front cover, here was a foam that crumbled by touching it. Because I don't want to do any experiments here and don't know the components very well, I won't change anything in near future. I believe that a revision of the crossovers can bring...
  12. A

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

After some years there is a Yamaha again with me It had to be repaired but now it is ready for doing it's job again. Thank's to the forum and especially to @Bratwurst7s and @OMGCat! for the help. Sadly the flip front cover is missing and the power button is heavily worn. I hope to get...
  13. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Hi James, That's great. Right now it looks like this. Inside it shines like new , outside there is still some cosmetic necessary. In the green marked area you can see what is left of the flip cover. The two sheet metal clamps are still available. I'd like to get the flip cover and a nicer...
  14. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

I wouldn't have been able to do that without your support. I have learnt a lot and will certainly start such a project again. These old devices have to be saved! I'll definitely tell you how the project continues. Hopefully I can find the missing front panel somewhere. Happy for now.
  15. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Hello folks, checked again all the parts i have replaced - OK checked all transistors - OK checked all cables - FAULT The hint from OMGCat! to check the processor jumpers was a very good one! Not the jumpers were the problem, the connection from accessory receive to the board was broken :( I...
  16. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Thank you for your input here. The speaker relay is switching. I replaced the original one with this from Finder. If it weren't OK, no sound at all would come even when the volume was fully turned up? Meanwhile I have already read many threads where similar amplifiers (A series) are repaired...
  17. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Hello James, thank you for your reply. I know it is not really dead, let'say it's in deep sleep. YES YES YES That's a good starting point. Would be very nice if you could tell me exactly what I should measure. I've already done some measurements, but can't really interpret the results. I'm...
  18. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Yes, they are properly plugged in.
  19. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

DC offset: right 11.9 mV / left 19.8 mV I connected my CD Player and some speakers. BAD NEWS: no sound, only if I turn up the volume to maximum there is a very quiet sound I have checked all connections, switches, knobs, ... no success. Operation successful patient dead. What would you...
  20. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

.. couldn't wait till weekend ... I put all together and after double-checked (more than double) everything .... dim-bulb tester connected ... POWER ON .. :thumbsup: yes, yes , yes nothing exploded nothing burned, seems to work. I then read through the service manual how to adjust idling...
  21. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Hello James, Thank you for explaining. Did a search for "wire wrap", now I know everything ;) if all goes well the amplifier should be ready for a test at the weekend ( .. provided I can reassemble everything properly ... )
  22. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Hello again, Work goes ahead, some questions is there a simple explanation why these cables are not directly soldered? @Bratwurst7s James, did you find a replacement for the big 22000 µF capacitors back then? ( not that I want to replace them, just out of interest )
  23. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Soldering is done. The small boards definitely needed an overhaul. I found a box of metal film resistors that I bought some time ago, so I replaced some more parts than planned. I didn't really want to invest that much work in the moment, but since the amp was already dismantled I started with...
  24. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

here are some pictures ... on foreign images I saw some different components, but I don't know if they were already replaced there But that's not the point now, just for interest it would be nice to have a photo of the inside of an untouched original. Yes, I take time and will keep you...
  25. A

Yamaha A-1020 Needs TLC

Thank you all for your suggestions and taking part to help me. After comparing some photos of the inner life of the A-1020, I think that someone before was already on the device. Maybe one of you got a picture of an untouched one, I couldn't find one. Question: Has the thermal connection from...
Back
Top Bottom