Search results

1. Mohawknl

Realistic Lab total turntables

In my teens I had the LAB-420, and man I loved that turntable. Then through some repair screw up at Radio Shack they convinced my brother, who was babysitting it at the time, that they "lost" it. Only a few years ago was I able to get a very similar LAB-400. Comparing the two I actually like...
  2. Mohawknl

Bought an Akai AT-93 Reference Master tuner.

I will agree that the AT-93 is a worthy tuner. I bought one last month just on a whim. After using a Denon RDS tuner for a few years then buying a couple of Onkyo's for more refined sound (and reception). Read some info about the AT-93 after seeing it on a local market place site. I was...
  3. Mohawknl

Fisher MT-6225 comparison questions.

If you're still interested in the anti skate fix, i had the same problem with one of mine and used an o-ring to fix it. The little clips underneath where the A-S knob rides were broken. These tabs are to provide the needed resistance so when you turn the weight up is does not just flop back...
  4. Mohawknl

New music doesn't all suck, does it?

Just listened to your offering on the office headphones. Indeed sounds good, she ticks all those boxes. Never heard of her before.
  5. Mohawknl

Damn that was rough. First time I actually had a chance to listen to it. Sounds nothing like the Beatles except in a distant way but with a shaky voice. C'mon Paul and Ringo, jeezus you can do better than this with all that "lost" back catalog stuff?
  6. Mohawknl

Bob Seger is a genuine legend. As an artist, songwriter and performer. Just read somewhere that he just came out of retirement to perform at an awards show or something. Who knows maybe there's some new music left in him as well? I'd buy an album of new Seger music.
  7. Mohawknl

What is the "British sound"?

A quote from that article: "...found the UK style rather warm and flat, not unlike a pint of bitter." Lol, the only British speakers I've heard in any meaningful amount of time were Tannoys. I didn't perceive them to be flat or overtly warm, they sounded open and full and were on par with some...
  8. Mohawknl

Classic High-End Gear

Rock on, Mr. Werewolf! Excellent that you're doing what you like and listen to what you like on the gear that you like.
  9. Mohawknl

ONKYO CP-1028R turntable info?

Hello 49Stude63 if you get around to it could you make a scan of the manual for us? Inquisitive minds would like to tear into it. Cheers
  10. Mohawknl

ONKYO CP-1028R turntable info?

Hey DavidW54 just a stab into the unknown, but if you still have the manual maybe you can share it in pdf form? Thanks, I'm picking one of these up this weekend! Cheers
  11. Mohawknl

List your Klipsch speakers

I thought this was "..list your KLIPSCH speakers". People might want to start a new Tannoy thread?
  12. Mohawknl

Any Hi-End Turntables with (at least) Auto-Lift?

I kinda just happened upon this thread and find it an interesting discussion, some good food for thought as it were. I think if someone spends thousand (!!) on a turntable they had BETTER hear a difference! But if you have to be constantly on alert when the side is done i say WTF. Personally I...
  13. Mohawknl

Hardware Recommendation for a Sliding Turntable Shelf

Thought i'd just read up on what people were doing here, since i already did the same thing last year for my TT. The slides i used are readily available in the building supply chains here and easy to install. Although it initially slid in and out nicely with the TT on it, I found it a bit too...
  14. Mohawknl

Yeah it's funny how that somehow rhymes with people, the "upgrade" to modern en chintzy. But most of the time it's about downsizing as people's lives can't accomodate a larger system anymore. I scored killer not too long ago on a guy who downsized to a puny modern thing (i almost coudn't see it...
  15. Mohawknl

Show us your SS H.H. Scotts!

I have 2 R327's, one is near perfect and the other has problems with the FM part of the tuner, some components missing. On the complete one i put in some new caps. Both sound surprisingly good given the modest wattage. Selling (trading) off the complete one in exchange as part of a deal for a...
  16. Mohawknl

Hmmm not seen many Tangents listed here. My first Klipsch's were kG4's, sold them after i got the Tangent 400's since 2 pairs were 2 much for the missus. Actually missed the bottom end those little KG4's had, that I reinforced the tangent's enclosures and stuffed them with rockwool. Now they...
  17. Mohawknl

Pioneer SX1980 - you wont believe this.

Definitely legendary. Makes any one of my "bring it back to life" projects seem trivial. Keep up the good work, looking forward to your future installments.
Back
Top Bottom