Search results

1. RobertCO

Today's SOUL Playlist

My meager haul from National Record Store day. The Stevie Arrington LP was free. :-)
  2. RobertCO

Today's SOUL Playlist

One of my absolute favorites. "All Because of You" is incredible. As a matter of fact, it's #1 on my "Top 100 R&B chill" playlist. :-) Leroy Hutson - All Because Of You The Ohio Players - I Want To Be Free George Duke - Searchin' My Mind Earth, Wind & Fire - That's The Way Of The World Bobby...
  3. RobertCO

Emotiva new product email

Gotta be an April fools joke. Very funny, DOG-FET amplifier technology :beerchug:
  4. RobertCO

AU-9500 + TT with HOMC DL-110 cart

Argh, I did miss that. Thank you.
  5. RobertCO

AU-9500 + TT with HOMC DL-110 cart

This weekend I picked up a turntable with a Denon DL-110 cartridge. I'm a total noob with TTs and have a question. The impedance spec of the cart says 160 ohms. The AU-9500 has two phono inputs, PHONO2 with a switch for 30k/50k/100k load impedance and PHONO1 static at 50k. Obviously a huge...
  6. RobertCO

I'm getting too old for this schitt.

I'm getting too old for this schitt.
  7. RobertCO

Question about used DAC's

+1 on the Emotivas. I like my XDA-2 quiet a bit. See this thread as I was looking to buy a DAC recently.
  8. RobertCO

Why The Vitriol On Disco?

Having suffered thru watching my beloved EWF decline into quasi-disco at the end of the 70's I feel I can comment. For every "Let's Groove" there is a "Mighty Mighty". Switching bands, for every "Celebration" there is a "Summer Madness", for every "Fresh" there is a "Jungle Boogie". My point...
  9. RobertCO

What was the last movie you watched?

Chef - 2014 Great great soundtrack. Decent movie. Sofia Vergara is in it so there's that too.
  10. RobertCO

Battery Pack + USB DAC = Better Sound!

Well done, thank you.
  11. RobertCO

Battery Pack + USB DAC = Better Sound!

Would love to see a pic or two of that setup.
  12. RobertCO

Questions on making server for FLAC playback

Another late comer to the party, sounds like you are on the right track here. I've had a library of FLAC files on my server for years and also transport those files to a DAC hooked up to vintage gear. A bunh of random thoughts that might help. Avoid USB. Avoid MS/apple solutions. FreeNAS...
  13. RobertCO

Have you noticed with a lot of the modern music that...?

There have always been artists that can be repetitive. Inna-gadda-da-vida anyone? :-) I do have a point tho, that monotony was a lot more bearable when you could hear the dynamics of a song. These days, the engineers have decided to mix everything into the dynamic range of TV commercials in...
  14. RobertCO

9090 repair advice needed

Didn't even know about thread tags. Thanks and done.
  15. RobertCO

Five albums that improve your state of mind

Pink Floyd - DSOTM Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy Earth, Wind & Fire - That's the Way of the World Johnny "Guitar" Watson - A Real Mother for 'ya The Crystal Method - Community Service
  16. RobertCO

Best songs for testing bass response?

Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo Track 04 - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo Be careful with your volume on this one.
  17. RobertCO

Show Me Your Sansui!

Picked up a TU-9500 to go with my AU-9500. All done for awhile I think. Unless I pick up an SR-636 this weekend. :)
  18. RobertCO

Looks alone: Best looking equipment?

I'll just pick my 2 favs from ones I've owned: Marantz 2270 in black faceplate and my current fav the Sansui AU-9500 which is just frankly a work of art.
  19. RobertCO

9090 repair advice needed

Thought I'd update this thread as I just fixed my broken switches. Ordered a 9090DB board from the auction site that had 3 of the switches I would need (only needed 2). The problem, two switches on the right had been broken off. Just had to remove the bottom plate and the two screws...
  20. RobertCO

Not to sure what to think about this ad

Judging by the name and number, it's the same guy that had the "Pop-up" sale ad recently with the "no flippers" stipulation.
  21. RobertCO

What I learned on Craigslist

Haha right? I had actually missed that in the reply, I saw a correct area code for my area and just dialed immediately. I'm so gullible.
  22. RobertCO

What I learned on Craigslist

What I learned from Craigslist? There is no hope for humanity. If one manages to get past the scammers to a real person, 9 times out of ten that real person is full of shit too. This one today just pushed me over the edge: I AM INTERESTED IN YOU’RE YOUR SPEAKERS – PLEASE CALL ME – 303...
  23. RobertCO

Where to start?

Good info here by @E-Stat I followed his guide and running PicorePlayer has much improved. I also do basically the same with a caveat, I use Raspberry PIs for everything (2-channel audio and video HT setups) The core of my sources is a home built computer system running OmniOS_CE in a...
  24. RobertCO

Girls on LP cover - REDUX

Fun thread. Didn't see any mention of the kings of girls on LP covers: The Ohio Players. As a 13-14 year old with no internet, these albums were "come for the cover, stay for the music". Damn autocorrect. :-)
Back
Top Bottom