Search results

1. RockinRandy

Nakamichi Classic Capstan Motor

Anyone know where/if I can purchase a capstan motor for a Nakamichi 482z? I believe it's a matsushita EG530AD at 12v 2400rpm CCW. Works on 700ZXE and 580 series as well. Thanks Randy
  2. RockinRandy

Pioneer ct-f9191 clutch repair

In need of a clutch repair for Pioneer ct-f9191. Thanks Randy Brown aka RockinRandy
  3. RockinRandy

Kenwood KX-4520 belts

Evening all,I need to r&r a couple of belts on a Kenwood KX-4520 but Thakker seems to be the only place that has them. My question is if anyone has or knows the size of the capstan belt. I'm pretty sure PRB makes one,if not exact it would be within the tolerance range. Any help on belt...
  4. RockinRandy

Pioneer ct-f9191 capstan motor substitute

Good evening all,I was given 2 ct-f9191 decks that a guy wants repaired. One only needed belts and a good cleaning as well as calibrated etc. You adjust motor speed on the motor itself. The other one has the rewind/FF issue which Mark is going to fix. It has a little pc board on the back of...
  5. RockinRandy

Pioneer CT-9R Help!

Hi gang I just got a Ct-9r with the supposedly best transport in the RYM-154. I put a new belt on it as the old one was just tar. It seemed to try to work for about 5min and then it shut off. I tried switching the head back and forth and it did but slowly. Then something clicked, now won't...
  6. RockinRandy

Pioneer CT-7R Belt replacement.

Hi gang couldn't pass up $15 for a Pioneer ct-7r in mint condition. Upon opening up this puppy, it's crammed with electronics including the mechanism itself. Has anyone changed a melted belt on one of these Back to the Future decks? Honestly it looks like a PItA! But it's so cool looking to me...
  7. RockinRandy

Photo reflector for sony tcm-190 mechanism

Hi gang I'm iso an NJL5165K-B photo reflector for my sony tc-wr645S "A" deck or a junk tcm-190 transport would work too. My apologies if I'm in the wrong place but I'm an infrequent visitor. Thanks Randy Brown aka RockinRandy
  8. RockinRandy

Sony tc-wr635s record levels too high

Hi all, my sony tc-wr635s records CD's LP's etc. Perfect however when tape to tape recording,the levels are pegging the meters and it's very evident on playback. I can't seem to find the pots to lower the levels,if there are any or is this a fixed level? Thanks Randy
  9. RockinRandy

Nakamichi RX-202 Idler tire replacement

Hi all I have my first Nak and it won't RW or FF plays fine though. By my research everything points to the idler tire and I agree after seeing so many articles about this. What I'm not seeing is any tutorials or even written instructions about how to do this. I have replaced many belts mostly...
  10. RockinRandy

Sony won't record

Hi gang I purchased a Sony TC-WR635S and have since r&r all 4 belts along with the mode gears on the reel motor. This thing sounds great and looks good too! However after a good cleaning yesterday I thought I'd dub a couple of old tapes to see how it sounded dubbing. To my surprise and...
  11. RockinRandy

Akai memory capacitor

Good Friday evening friends! My old Akai AA-A25 keeps losing its memory resulting in me having to press the reset button if I don't use it at least weekly. My question is does anyone know what Cap/Caps need to be replaced to resolve this nagging issue? Thanks Randy
  12. RockinRandy

BA3416BL dual preamp ic

I have a 90s Teac dual cassette player with no output or led indicated output. Would the dual op amp and/or the BA3416BL dual pre-amp chip cause this? It should be mentioned I had to change out 5 shorted C1815 transistors and (2) 22uF capacitors. Thanks Randy And let me know if this is the...
  13. RockinRandy

Hitachi sr-2010

No critic's please :angel: this nice fairly young to me anyway lady thought she had a gem in this tuneramp .anyway it's testing my patience as all it needs besides a good cleaning is an STK 459 let the snickering begin .I used to install these things in alot of mid 80s recievers. It seemed...
  14. RockinRandy

Sssss

Good evening friends,i received a new stylus to replace my old original ADC XLM-II and it sounds worse than the 30+ year old original and good lord the sssnake sound is unbearable! The bass is great as well as the majority of the frequency spectrum any words sang by whom ever with a word...
  15. RockinRandy

JVC L-A11

Just acquired a JVC L-A11 via a cousins passing, never a good way to get something for free ! The sister brought it to me since she knew I was the music man in the Family. Anyway I took a belt off another table I had just to see if it worked .Unfortunately the platter rubs on the plastic lever...
  16. RockinRandy

Teac output problem

I bought a Teac W-518R recently to dub some old fav cassettes before it's too late .This thing looks and smells new however I get no lights from the led meters or output. The motors run and all the mechanics seem to be functioning properly. Inside the cabinet there are no signs of damage to any...
  17. RockinRandy

Kenwood KD-31F

My old reliable Kenwood KD-31F all of sudden started to drag/slow down near the end of any album.Very irritating as some of the best songs on an album are either at the beginning or near the end. Any ideas would be appreciated because I'd think if it was a motor issue then it would do it all...
Back
Top Bottom