Search results

1. kydog

Pioneer TZ-7 Speakers + Elite VSX 97

Nice speakers !! Any pictures)
  2. kydog

Pioneer TZ-7 Speakers + Elite VSX 97

The hardest part to find that can take years to find are the tweeter, Damn near impossible to locate
  3. kydog

Boston Acoustic A400’s: Wheat color/ 8ohm rated?

Great article. Thanks for sharing
  4. kydog

Good observation, I agree with that assumption. If you were interested in buying a set and saw 8ohm instead of 4ohm listed there’s less hesitation other than the price to grab them.
  5. kydog

Actually not at the moment, What should it read ? Thanks
  6. kydog

Ok home early from work so here we go: I pulled the bottom woofer off to expose the speaker & crossover network. I don’t see a stamp on the magnet so I’ll leave it to the experts here to take an educated guess as to if it’s 4 vs 8 ohms, Personally I don’t know. Here are the pictures: Opinions...
  7. kydog

So the only other conclusion is that the ohm rating on my label is incorrect, Have you seen that before with B/A A400 Speakers?
  8. kydog

Good information on special order speakers, Mine either fit that situation vs these are the only mislabeled A400’s that we currently know of. I’ll pull one of the drivers after the holidays to take a peak, What should I look for?
  9. kydog

Exactly the reason I picked them up, Great condition, Rare color cabinet/grille combo,Within driving distance & a cool seller. They’re becoming harder to find to boot.
  10. kydog

Ohm Accoustics Catalog 1977

I still own a nice set of C2’s. Haven’t put them in rotation for awhile
  11. kydog

Acoustic Research M5 Holographic Speakers: any advice on placement please?

The Pioneer will serve your well!! Folks aren’t to keen on the looks of the AR/ M5 but you can’t get around how they sound & image.
  12. kydog

Acoustic Research M5 Holographic Speakers: any advice on placement please?

Placement wasn’t critical for me at all, They imaged well regardless of room placement. I had them in the bedroom connected to my Realistic STA-2200 receiver, Fantastic combination. I haven’t used them in a really large area as of yet, Nice speakers
  13. kydog

I know my A100 series II are Walnut & the A100 seriesIII / A150 series III Are Cherry veneer with darker grilles, So that’s a possibility
  14. kydog

Not only are the grills wheat/ blonde. The cabinet are as well.
  15. kydog

Wood cover for Pioneer SX-737

Unfortunately Sawdust closed shop awhile back, His work is outstanding that I can attest to with covers on my SA9800/ TX9800 combo made by him. I’m actually looking for two SX-750 cabinets. I gave someone my original to make a duplicate that was never returned.
  16. kydog

Thanks! I’ve only seen this color on a set of A150’s in a picture. The A100/100 series III/ A150 Series III are still in my stash of speakers, The A400’s don’t show up often especially within driving distance.I took the leap and grabbed them for $350 ( The color was worth the extra money) For me...
  17. kydog

I’m wondering if these are the only oddball mislabeled A400’s out here since no one else seems to have the 8ohm impedance back panel label. Anyone else with this particular color in the group? If so are they labeled 4ohm ? Thanks for your input!
  18. kydog

These were bought to go into a larger home next year to be able too do as you suggested. Thanks for the input
  19. kydog

Agreed 100 %. I’ll still treat these as 4ohm loads based on the current information, Hopefully someone else can post an additional set of 8ohm A400’s to give clarity as to how many versions were really available. Thanks for your input
  20. kydog

I appreciate your point of summation, The counter point for me is this: Out of the hundreds of A400’s out here owned by many, It’s hard to believe my pair is the only set in existence labeled 8ohm by mistake, There has to be more or else mine is the rarest of the rare mislabeled or not lol...
  21. kydog

Why can’t two things be true @ the same time? Just because it’s an “ Odd ball” doesn’t mean the label is incorrect. Basically we should believe the 4ohm label as is but disbelieve the latter because it doesn’t fit the norm? I don’t know about that.
  22. kydog

You have your opinion.. I have mine and stand by my statement based on listening to the entire A series lineup in the listening environment I’m in. Representing the best of the best is what the A400 should do & accomplish that in spades, Taking the A150 3 series & A200 in consideration, Striking...
  23. kydog

Well now !! The plot thickens
  24. kydog

Thanks for your reply ! It follows the consensus of the seller information and other postings, I’m kinda surprised the person who sold them to me hadn’t noticed the 8ohm rating.
  25. kydog

I snagged a set of these fantastic speakers over the weekend, I’m guessing the Wheat color is sort of a rare bird not often available in the wild. From the A100 III/ A150III Series to now these, I can say I’m extremely happy to add them with the rest. I’m not going to ramble on about how they...
Back
Top Bottom