Search results

1. Yamaha B-2

Sony 6060f phono problem - should I try to fix?

Have you taken Deoxit to everything? You may find that a good switch/pot cleaning will do all that needs to be done. How about setting voltages, etc.? Done that? May be as simple as some cleaning and adjustment. That said, although there is a LOT of point-to-point wiring, the boards are pretty...
  2. Yamaha B-2

AT30E cartridge?

Ask merrylander. His listens to the AT31e, which is likely similar. Although new, LP Gear probably carries the stylus. Am an AT fancier myself after taking a risk on their AT150Ti and being more than pleased. Enough to have ordered one of their better, new LOMCs, the AT33R.
  3. Yamaha B-2

New here, and a question about a Yamaha MC-1s cartridge.

Here are the spec's on AT's new AT33R LOMC. May be the 'new' AT31e. Audio-Technica presents AT33R Limited Edition. Ultra high quality Audio-Technica 40th anniversary limited edition MC type (dual moving coil) stereo cartridge. This is Audio-Technica AT33R MC TYPE Stereo Cartridge. Coil...
  4. Yamaha B-2

sony vfets/transistors

Have you tried eBay? Fellow in Hong Kong had 3000 pairs of new, all rank matched sets. I bought enough for my own use. Think Unda Maris bought a bunch, as well. He may have spares. Believe the seller on eBay was acronmanelectronics. If my memory is correct, he was a good guy to deal with and no...
  5. Yamaha B-2

Also, Technics offered at least one. As with the Yamaha cartridges, I wonder if Pioneer and Technics made theirs in-house? From what I understand, Sony did, but their operations were quite a bit larger than either Pioneer or Yamaha. But, being part of Matsushita (?), Technics is part of the...
  6. Yamaha B-2

Thanks for the info: Am wondering why Yamaha engineers would do any designing? AT are the folks with the many years (even back then) of design of cartridges under their collective belts. Guess I'll be seeing (hearing, actually) just what AT knows these days. Am expecting delivery of their newest...
  7. Yamaha B-2

Anders - Do you know the production dates for Yamaha's cartridges?
  8. Yamaha B-2

Audio-Technica AT150MLX - anyone heard it?

Have both the AT150Ti (uses a Ti cantilever as opposed to the boron of the MXL - all else the same) and the Shure V15VxMR. To me, it is 'flip a coin'. About as good as it gets for MMs. I use the AT150Ti as my 'daily' player on one TT (the other is for MCs). The reason is the lack of a new stylus...
  9. Yamaha B-2

Am not familiar with the 'Revolver' name or TTs. My guess is that Yamaha did not make the cartridge, but it is a good one, being the best the sold. Since your original post I've received my Soundsmith retipped Denon DL-303 and am very pleased with the sound. IMHO, the Yamaha is definitely worth...
  10. Yamaha B-2

Blade Runner - any fans

And a moth, or two..........
  11. Yamaha B-2

Blade Runner - any fans

May I borrow it once you've seen it all? :D Postage is about all I'm willing to spend on video.
  12. Yamaha B-2

Blade Runner - any fans

With my steady diet of 3-4 movies a year, not too surprising that I would miss her work. :D
  13. Yamaha B-2

Those tube amps on ebay - Chinese sellers

If you pay $5 or $50 or $500 for an integrated amp it will have at least one transformer and will likely weigh at least 20 pounds when boxed. 20 pounds from here to Hong Kong is ~$100. Shipping costs into the U.S. are generally higher. So $5 for a 20lb. amp and $140 shipping is entirely reasonable.
  14. Yamaha B-2

Blade Runner - any fans

The beautiful auburn haired replicant that HF took off with at the end of the movie. An actress I do not recall seeing in any other role in any other movie.
  15. Yamaha B-2

Blade Runner - any fans

One of the best..........but, I don't recall seeing the replicant HF ran off with in the end in any other movie.
  16. Yamaha B-2

Need to talk to a very big e-bay seller.

Take only Paypal (which will cost you the fees) to avoid scammers. I lost two auctions to scammers when I didn't list Paypal, only. Fortunately, eBay covered me on same. If they are as you state, you might want to list on Audiogon, instead. Cost is a flat $6 per listing and many fewer...
  17. Yamaha B-2

Those tube amps on ebay - Chinese sellers

I would take issue with your description of this. I had an integrated amp that I paid ~$140 for shipped over from Hong Kong and actual shipping cost was $380. It ain't cheap to ship a heavy piece over here from Asia. Have also purchased new MC cartridges out of Hong Kong and Japan via eBay...
  18. Yamaha B-2

moving coil for C220

You've gotten it correct thus far. Only thing I might add is that you could certainly look at the high output MCs (HOMC) cartridges. Depending on how much you wish to spend, you can get an excellent HOMC in the Denon DL-110 for ~$110, or the next step-up, the DL-160 for about 50% more. Both are...
  19. Yamaha B-2

The ET-2 Verses The Graham 2.2 Deluxe Arms

Has anyone seen/heard the new Revox TTs? Are linear tracking. Wonder what the pricing might be? http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=de&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://www.revoxonline.ch/index-plattenspieler.htm&prev=/language_tools
  20. Yamaha B-2

The purpose of audio cables - what should they do?

The Cable Company http://www.thecableco.com/ has a demo cable program where you can audition cables. You only pay for shipping. Believe one of the cable purveyors here on AK (Zebra?) has a money-back guarantee, as well. Let your ears decide.
  21. Yamaha B-2

?? Advise on New Accuphase P-300 Toy

What he said. Another $100 in shipping is nothing compared to the risk you would run with a local tech. Send it to EW. If not EW, then to Terry DeWick, who is in Knoxville (would save you $20, total, in shipping). Or dr*audio in Cleveland. Stick with a "known-good" tech. Have it done right by...
  22. Yamaha B-2

The purpose of audio cables - what should they do?

Essentially, you've answered your own question. You have no choice. Cables are part of EVERYTHING. Although you may or may not "want" the cable to make any changes, it is going to do so. Whether you are happy/unhappy with the result, can't hear the change or have a lo-fi enough system that it...
  23. Yamaha B-2

Anyone Make Speaker Cables?

No. I'm one of these old-fashioned guys who believes what he hears.
  24. Yamaha B-2

Did You Receive Any Audio Xmas Gifts?

While not directly audio, did receive a great six drawer (all on ball-bearings) tool-box from the wife. Three large drawers with three smaller ones along the top along with the storage area under the large lid. Just what I needed to organize the mess of tools/leads/etc. on my workbench. A great...
  25. Yamaha B-2

Anyone Make Speaker Cables?

Home Depot sells four different heat guns. Three are from Milwaukee and have a two (2) year warranty. I bought the cheapest one at $29. The next is a bit fancier at $34, then $50 and $70. The three cheaper ones are in the paint department and the expensive one is with tools. The Milwaukees all...
Back
Top Bottom