Search results

1. hhibrownsbac

Finishing touch on this 500-C

I got a dial glass from them for a 500C (with large numbers) and couldn't be happier.
  2. hhibrownsbac

Advice for building a SE tube amp in an old chassis

Sounds like you plan on cutting holes for the tubes and one thing I noticed when I built my SSE years ago was the distance needed between the top of the board and bottom of top plate was so big that the tube sockets(especially v10) didn't stick out above the top plate. I moved my large caps and...
  3. hhibrownsbac

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Oct 18, 2007
  4. hhibrownsbac

Holy Sh!t Browns / Steelers halftime score

I've waited a long time for this
  5. hhibrownsbac

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Check out line has a 10 purchase limit and then they are in line with dozens of items.
  6. hhibrownsbac

Is there any way to identify Altec 802D diaphragms???

Thank you sir.:) Those pics helped allot.
  7. hhibrownsbac

Is there any way to identify Altec 802D diaphragms???

OK, I've had a set of these sitting on the shelf for a couple years. They sound good but I was wondering if they could sound better and if there is any way I can verify if these have the original diaphrams in them or some aftermarket replacement. There is no red wax seals. Is there anything I...
  8. hhibrownsbac

Help with my daughter's Magnicant Magnavox - Savannah

Try Stereo Doctors in Savannah. He has done a ton of stuff for me over the last 15 years or so.
  9. hhibrownsbac

I apologize to all tube amp owners.

Theres no need to appologize they both have their place. In fact, I like them both at the same time, bi amped and use a solid state amp to run the bottom end and a tube amp for the horns. I always found using just tubes, that I could never get the slam and punch out of the lower end, and couldnt...
  10. hhibrownsbac

My Fisher museum could be destroyed by Irma

Well good luck if you decide too ride it out. But let me stress that a cat 5 is nothing to mess with. Youre on the coast, right? So what good is a safe room if there is a 16-20 foot storm surge at high tide, unless you have some scooba gear to stash in there. And lets not forget the waves on top...
  11. hhibrownsbac

My Fisher museum could be destroyed by Irma

Youre going to ride it out???? As someone who sat out a cat 4 before, let me say dont do it! All that stuff can be replaced.
  12. hhibrownsbac

Has James Audio gone out of business? :( Where will I get transformers :(

You might try emailing James and see if they have any leftover stock sitting in a corner somewhere. You never know and its worth a shot. Ive been using both James and Transendar and with both of them out of the market now, I dont know what to use either that wont break the bank.
  13. hhibrownsbac

R.I.P. Kegger

Donation sent. RIP Kegger, Brewmeister we are going to miss you.
  14. hhibrownsbac

R.I.P. Kegger

This is a sad day, Keg and his parents are in my prayers.
  15. hhibrownsbac

300B revisited

OK I'll keep you in mind if I need those part numbers. I havent even thought about this so I guess I have some homework to do and get a parts list together. I do have a set of Transcendar 3K 20Watt OTs that should work nicely. Its a start.
  16. hhibrownsbac

300B revisited

These Tubelab boards are convienient and sound great, I built the SSE and couldn't be happier. I have one of these SE boards sitting on the shelf for the past year, I was so happy with the sound of the SSE that I never even really looked at the SE board , I guess I will have to pay attention to...
  17. hhibrownsbac

Active crossover with Sub Out? Any suggestions?

Thats my problem right there and would probably settle on a CX-2310 but want to explore my options. I looked at the manual for a DCX2496 and in bi amp stereo/with sub mode it appears it takes and considers the woofers a mid, taking away their ability to get down there which is a not a option. I...
  18. hhibrownsbac

Opps, its a XR1001
  19. hhibrownsbac

I recently developed some issues with my Ashly XR1001 in that its getting a bit noisy. I cant see getting it repaired if I can find something better since it would probably cost more to repair it than buy another. I was wondering if any one had a suggestion on a replacement that would be 2 way...
  20. hhibrownsbac

Cleaning RCA jacks???

Thanks everyone. Got them looking much better. A little deoxit and a few turns with a old cable did the trick. I'm surprised that no one has come up with a gadget similar to a wire battery post cleaner(only smaller) for these things.
  21. hhibrownsbac

Cleaning RCA jacks???

I saved a Conrad Johnson PV12 today and after a hour or two cleaning, tube testing and in general making it presentable noticed that the RCA jacks on the back are pretty dirty/corroded. Any one have a good idea on how to clean these.
  22. hhibrownsbac

Making Your Own Wood Cases...

Just going to throw this out there for you thinking of trying this. Cases are pretty easy to do and there has been a few good ideas tossed out there BUT you have to have Patience. Dont expect to jump into this and finish it in a couple hours and expect it to look good especially if you have...
  23. hhibrownsbac

Golden State

52 years, it was worth the wait. Thank you Cavs!!!!!
Back
Top Bottom