Search results

1. Wolverine

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Congratulations Heather and to all those members who were nominated!
  2. Wolverine

Just one little gesture of "nice"

We moved to a new 55+ community last Summer and it is the norm here whether walking or driving to wave hello to everyone passing by. There are Friday night get togethers and other Social activities that are well attended and everyone is very friendly. Quite the contrast to our previous residence...
  3. Wolverine

VPI Turntable Owners Thread

Welcome to AK! Love my Traveler!
  4. Wolverine

Magnepan SMG Speakers - A Few Questions for Magnepan Owners

I have owned briefly two pairs of SMG's and currently own a pair of MMG's. One pair of the SMGs was fine and the other had the beginnings of the delamination issue. The buzz caused by the delaminating was only apparent when playing a very low Bass passage so testing with some music that you know...
  5. Wolverine

Picture from your listening spot right now!

Paying bills while listening to the office system. Streaming to my NAD 3020D and Snell Type J IV’s
  6. Wolverine

AK Retiree Club

I think you are taking a good approach. Best of luck to you on making your retirement decisions!!
  7. Wolverine

AK Retiree Club

When to take SS really needs to be determined on a case by case basis based a variety of factors. Health issues impacting longevity and the reliance on SS for your basic living expenses are just two of those factors. Anyone saying that there is an exact best time to start taking SS that applies...
  8. Wolverine

Opinions on buying a used Oppo

I have 2 Oppo's that I bought used one is the standard BDP-83 that I use in one of my headphone systems and the other is a BDP-83SE that I got from the original owner about 5 years ago and is in my main system. They have been trouble free for the whole time I have had them. Probably got a...
  9. Wolverine

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Been awhile since I posted on this thread but I have been consistently adding to the LP collection. This has been a pretty good weekend for new additions.
  10. Wolverine

Happy Birthday grillebilly!

Happy Belated Birthday!
  11. Wolverine

Phono Pre-Amp

You can benefit from a separate phono preamp but it somewhat depends on your goals and budget. For example whenn looking up the NAD C658 it appears that it only has a Moving Magnet (MM) phono output so if you want to switch to a Moving Coil (MC) cartridge then you will need a separate phono...
  12. Wolverine

Saying hi from VA

Welcome to AK from New Kent County VA.
  13. Wolverine

What was the last movie you watched?

Just watched "Dumb Money" which tells the story of that run up on GameStop stock a few years ago. If you liked the "The Big Short" then I think you will like this movie. Previous to that movie we watched "The Holdovers" which is a very good movie all around and worthy of the praise and...
  14. Wolverine

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

The primary purpose for a vehicle is transportation. The primary purpose of a public road is to get you from one place to another safely. Your "rights" to the type of vehicle and how it is operated on public roads are already regulated by State/Federal laws and regulations. I have been in...
  15. Wolverine

Speakers for good sound in a bad room.

It would be nice if speaker selection could simply broken down by room size and a variety of common factors. The truth of it is that there are so many different variables I don't think it is really possible with the information that the OP has given to provide specific speaker recommendations...
  16. Wolverine

Jon Stewart is coming back to “The Daily Show”

I am very excited about this news! I think the timing of this is important and I will just leave it at that.
  17. Wolverine

Stereo Imaging and Soundstage

I got back into audio about 20years ago but much of that time was spent focusing on finding a lot of the vintage gear that so many people here rave about. I don't regret that time spent as I got to experience a lot of great gear and speakers at bargain prices while slowly developing my...
  18. Wolverine

Ken Fritz - his "Million Dollar System" up for Auction

My take away from this story is one of a cautionary tale. He let his hobby become an obsession that led to him losing perspective on the most important things in life.
  19. Wolverine

New member in Virginia

Welcome from just South of you in New Kent!
  20. Wolverine

AK Retiree Club

No we moved closer to Richmond to be closer to our kids. We are now in New Kent which is about half between Williamsburg and Richmond.
  21. Wolverine

Happy Birthday jcidave!

Sorry I missed this…. Happy Belated Birthday Dave! Best Wishes for a Healthy and Happy 2024!!
  22. Wolverine

Hey Fluance owners

I have a RT-81 and Schiit Mani phono preamp for my headphone system turntable. It is fine for what it is and with the detachable headshell it makes cartridge swapping a breeze. I think all of the Fluance line would be considered entry level tables but they get better for that purpose as you go...
  23. Wolverine

AK Retiree Club

December 1st marked my first year of retirement. The first 5 months of it I was busy getting our house of 27yrs ready for the market. It sold quickly so we spent a few weeks with my folks before moving into the new house in June. The next 5-6 months were spent moving to the new house and getting...
  24. Wolverine

Do you own two (or more) of the same amp?

Here is a pic from my listening chair of my 2 rebuilt Adcom 555’s courtesy of AK’er Mayank
  25. Wolverine

Anyone listen to Windham Hill?

Many WH titles were given the audiophile treatment in that they were mastered by Stan Rickert using essentially the Mobile Fidelity process or by Bernie Grundman. Many of them were also pressed at RTI and/or were pressed on semi translucent JVC “Super” vinyl.
Back
Top Bottom