Search results

1. B

Which of these two speakers?

With 40W/ch on tap you have plenty of power for the Klipsch; the ELACs will use much more power for the same volume level. All in all, I vote Klipsch.
  2. B

Larkin Poe "Self Made Man" Strong New LP Release

Thanks for that, OP :thumbsup: I'd heard of them, and had seen some live clips but am not familiar with their studio material. I got more interested in them with their lockdown video covers, which showed their talent clearly. So I listened to some of the new release and have vinyl on the way!
  3. B

anybody running their tv audio through an old analog stereo ??

All I have is an old analog stereo, so...:thumbsup:
  4. B

Looking for a slim, quiet fan to put behind my Fisher 400

I have one of these behind my KX200: https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-Cooling-Ventilation-Projects/dp/B009OWRMZ6/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=ac+infinity+fan&qid=1581104776&sr=8-7 I like the fact it is AC powered so I can plug in to the switched outlet easily. It's not as silent as the old Rotron...
  5. B

Tascam 34 b

Is the output source selector set to sync or repro and the function selectors out when you tried playback?
  6. B

Tascam 34 b

Hmm, unless you had track 2 and 4 record enabled inadvertently that should've worked :dunno:
  7. B

Tascam 34 b

Channels 1 and 3 will be the standard stereo tracks. You can listen to 2 and 4 if want to hear the reverse side tracks backwards!
  8. B

Your favorite British Floorstanders!

Ditto, I have no urge to replace my 4.2s....
  9. B

You guys remember electric football?

Oh yeah, had one as a kid. I always liked the little spring loaded kicker that would "kick" a little felt ball. And an fantastic racket that would guarantee an adult free space. Thanks for the flashback! :thumbsup:
  10. B

jbl 4312 midrange dustcaps

I’m curious as well as one of my 4312a mids have a pushed in cap as well. I can say that with a mono signal I can’t tell any difference between the two so I figure it’s not critical. My .02...
  11. B

A new low for me

Perfect! Just dump them in the flower bed after unpacking!
  12. B

KEF owners thread

Reference 4.2s here, bought them new back in the day and still love them.
  13. B

Speakers: What do you own?

Wow, some nice collections here! I have: KEF Reference 4.2 JBL 4312a Yamaha NS-10M My brother has my DBX Soundfield 1A on permanent loan...
  14. B

Troubleshooting Troy-Bilt weed wacker

Adding Stabil to the fuel can help a lot as well.
  15. B

Which Speakers are you using with McIntosh Integrated?

MA6200 driving JBL 4312A...
  16. B

Forget Sound...What Are The Best LOOKING Speakers? (Ever)

Not the most attractive, but by far the most impressive I've seen... Big Ass Speaker Array by Badtone posted Jan 17, 2019 at 5:01 PM
  17. B

Tape decks with "unique" features?

Cool! I think I'll dig it out a give it a look, if it seems good I'll get some belts. I do have fond memories of that machine in action.
  18. B

Good to know, thank you! A quick search and it seems belts are available reasonably priced; any recommendation for a proven source? I also recall that the one I have is a TC560D, if that's a very different beast. I appreciate the input!
  19. B

My father had one of those which I finagled from him; a neat feature was due to the R/P heads being the same you could overdub yourself in sync. You could also change speed on the fly, even find "in between" speeds. When I was learning guitar in high school I made some awful commotion with that...
  20. B

Really a "4 track" cassette?

It’s 4 track in that it records/plays 2 tracks one direction, flip the tape there’s 2 more tracks. As it says, 4 track, 2 channel.
  21. B

If you were sent to HiFi hell and granted one album to take which one would you choose and why?

Led Zeppelin II for me; it opened my eyes like no other album when it first came out, and I still cite it as my all time fave today, so... It is a tough question though.
  22. B

Ah Hah audio moments from your life...

I was a kid in the '60s, and loved music. My folks had a decent system for the time; Fisher 500C, Garrard Lab 80, JBL Lancer 33, and it was all I knew for a while. Then I hear stuff at my friends house and it didn't sound as good, so I knew ther was a difference. My older brother was into audio...
  23. B

Greta van Fleet. I am supposed to not like this album

I like the fact that it's a band playing their own instruments in an old school fashion. Mix did an article on the recording of their recent album and stated they played the tracks live as a band, mostly without a click track, used simple micing techniques, cranked amp for overdrive, not pedals...
  24. B

What Song, on What Gear, Started You on Your Quest?

As a kid in the early 60's I was fortunate that my folks had a decent rig for the time; Fisher 500, JBL Lancer 33, Garrard Lab 80, and I loved music and listened all the time. When I would go to a friends or relatives, it didn't sound as good as the home rig. My older brother was getting into...
  25. B

The Future for Commercial and Public FM Radio

I live in a rural area, 50,000 in the entire county, and we have two local FM independents, and a NPR repeater, that are well listened to. They do a good job with local news and events that the Internet doesn't bother with, basically the only real time source. I would guess this is typical in...
Back
Top Bottom