Search results

1. rsrguy

Tannoy Dorset t-185... What can you learn me about them?

The surrounds need a little work, but the sound is pretty sweet. Bought them at $260 and put them in the hangar with the pioneer amp, I primarily use the ipod but will be adding a tuner today. Initially I wanted a little feedback but nadda, so I just jumped. There just isn't a lot out there...
  2. rsrguy

$11 Chinese AT3600L Thread Mk. II - Champagne sound on a Beer budget!

Does anyone make an LC stylus for this cart?
  3. rsrguy

$11 Chinese AT3600L Thread Mk. II - Champagne sound on a Beer budget!

Is this the one? https://www.lpgear.com/product/ATN91.html
  4. rsrguy

Post your photography!!

lone tree, Snow Basin
  5. rsrguy

If You Have a Turntable You Should Have a Record Clamp

I'll just go with the straight no-recess mat. I'll get a Buckskin mat as well along with a Michelle style clamp.
  6. rsrguy

If You Have a Turntable You Should Have a Record Clamp

Please forgive if this has been asked.. I'm looking into a cork n rubber mat and a clamp. Do I need to worry about a label recess in the mat, if I'm going to use a clamp... Like a Michell? My gut tells me no, but what do the sage tt advisors have to offer as far as wisdom on this topic? I'm also...
  7. rsrguy

Pioneer pl-750 tt

That was my guess. I think I'll pick up a rubber/Cork mat and try to find a decent clamp.
  8. rsrguy

Pioneer pl-750

I like this tt. It has better specs than most of the entry level (fluance, etc) tt's and has a functional auto return. What I'd like to know is, has anyone built a heavier/upgrade platter for this, or if it would even work with the dd system? Guy
  9. rsrguy

Pioneer pl-750 tt

I like this tt. It has better specs than most of the entry level (fluance, etc) tt's and has a functional auto return. What I'd like to know is, has anyone built a heavier/upgrade platter for this, or if it would even work with the dd system? Guy
  10. rsrguy

Yamaha NS-1000M Speakers...Woofer pics! What to Look for?

I have a matched pair. I'll be building a custom set of cross overs this next winter, like the ones detailed here on the AK. Right now the cheap pioneer speakers we have are taking up the tweater duties so it's pretty decent and will by me time to upgrade my tt. Will the Dr be able to help me...
  11. rsrguy

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Durand Jones & the indications .... So smooth
  12. rsrguy

Tell us about your avatar

The car I've wanted from the time I was very little (dad had a 356 and a large European dicast Porsche collection) any way, my bride ran to the bank to grab $6500 (against my paid for work truck) when my buddy told me his wife was ready to sell, 20 years ago! And to think they sold it to me so...
  13. rsrguy

Latest Project That's Kept Me From Audio Projects

For what it's worth I like the topic... Here's mine
  14. rsrguy

What's wrong with my room?

So I have to ask the obvious question .. Why are so many of the "listening spaces" I've seen caves... ? Even McGowans room is a drywalled mausoleum. What is the optimum space, vaulted ceilings, wide narrow, square. I'm new to this so my ability to actually hear all of the different nuances has...
  15. rsrguy

Next step to upgrade on budget vintage set

I'm new to this too, luckily a friend found me a set of ns-1000's and a nice marantz integrated, the kicker is I found a vandersteen sub for $ 100! These guys know what they're talking about. Just from what I've learned if you don't want to go big on an amp, I'd say you could really benefit from...
  16. rsrguy

My dream car......what's yours?

A dream car for me for sure
  17. rsrguy

Post your photography!!

AOG BER
  18. rsrguy

Post your photography!!

Over the ogden Valley looking west
  19. rsrguy

Post your photography!!

The Wasatch front from 17,000'