Search results

1. OldSubSailor

Seeking documentation for an MC 275 MkIII

Thanks for the reply. I will be sending you a PM. I've heard back from them and they are NOT being cooperative. I was told that there IS no service manual for that model (I don't believe it) and that they're "not allowed" to give out conversion instructions. This is the kind of 'customer...
  2. OldSubSailor

Thank you to all that replied. I received it today in decent shape (not an assured thing since FedEx shipped it from Japan). Thanks to Frodaddi I now have the right owner's manual and per Refugee I've emailed a request to Mac Labs requesting a service manual. Since it was last used in Japan...
  3. OldSubSailor

How I addressed the 800-TA volume control problem

A couple weeks back I posted about how the Fisher 800-TA I'd restored, including adding some resistors to more less 'fix' the chronic volume control problem had hit my bench again because one side of the old volume control (VC) had finally failed intermittently open. It's now back in service...
  4. OldSubSailor

Revisiting the Fisher 800 volume and tone control

Yeah, that's my, somewhat modified, '70 and I also have a much closer to stock '71. The 2nd car I ever owned (back in my Navy days, the '70's) was a '71 1800. I've driven my '70 (the orange one) literally all around North America. You can't wear one out if you perform regular maintenance.
  5. OldSubSailor

Small world. Once when I was working on the SS-2 radar I needed a part (a CRT deflection yoke) that we couldn't find through regular channels. At that point the Grouper was parked, waiting to be scrapped I think, up the river a ways. I went up there one evening and while the ops officer stood...
  6. OldSubSailor

Hello all - I'm trying to find copies of the owner's manual and service manual for the Mark III MC 275 (produced from 1995 to 2003 I think) and I haven't found them here. TIA for any links to decent copies.
  7. OldSubSailor

Off subject but responding to your question "What boats?" I was a 6 year guy (non-Nuke ET) in '69-'75 and landed on the last diesel boat that was active in WWII, the Tigrone 419. I was on board for a bit over 4 years and the decomm crew in June '75. I got out to pursue an EE degree after that...
  8. OldSubSailor

Back in 2017 I acquired a Fisher 800-TA from an ex-coworker. I went all through it replacing all electrolytic caps, modifying the output tube bias circuit (made it adjustable) to eliminate the red plating, worked around the destroyed power switch by using the switched AC out contacts with a SS...
  9. OldSubSailor

Looking for a TASCAM repair manual

PERFECT ...... thank you !!
  10. OldSubSailor

A question about avoiding tube flashover

Actually the answer is both. I have been working with Heyboer to supply transformers for both the power supplies and the output transformers for a pair of SE monoblocks (class A) and a P-P amp. (class AB or B as I'm going to make the bias supply adjustable). I've been sitting on a stash of...
  11. OldSubSailor

A question about avoiding tube flashover

I am looking at building an amp with some rather expensive output tubes (but are ANY of them worth having cheap? ) The tube in question is a VT4C / 211 a directly heated cathode triode with B+ running in the 1000 - 1100V range. I'm wondering about the best order to sequence the power up of...
  12. OldSubSailor

a first pass google search came up empty, but I must admit that I didn't contact Tascam. A lot of manufacturers don't seem too anxious to let repair manuals out to just anyone. But I'll give it a shot.
  13. OldSubSailor

I'm not sure where to post this, so I thought a general forum was as good as any place. Can anyone tell me where I can find a TASCAM C222 MkIII repair manual ? I recently acquired one and while it seems to all work fine, I've always tried to get ahold of a service manual for anything...
  14. OldSubSailor

Trying to ID a transformer

I already did that and yes it does. There is one interesting measurement. What appears to be the HV secondary (brown/red - brown/red) is 32 ohms. The center tap is brown/red dot. But the resistance to the two ends measure 15.6 ohms and 16.8 ohms. My best GUESS is that this is a somewhat...
  15. OldSubSailor

Trying to ID a transformer

I was working though a tote of HV transformers I've had around for a while and came across one that, per the note I'd taped to it years ago, was removed from an old HAM transceiver. It's a large, heavy beast whose leads are typical for a power supply transformer . On the case are the numbers...
  16. OldSubSailor

Yamaha C4 control noise is making me crazy(er)

I realized that I never got back to you regarding that noisy C4 volume control.... I did as you suggested, pulled it off the board and gave it (and all of the other controls while I was at it) a good bath with DeOxit (D5 followed by their DG solvent) and now the whole thing works great...
  17. OldSubSailor

I'm launching a couple VT 4C / 211 DIY projects

This is an interesting (and thankfully respectful) discussion and I appreciate the dialog. FWIW (just for a sense of perspective for anyone that may be interested) I am now 68 and have been playing with tubes off and on (off for a number of my working years) since my teens. My formal training...
  18. OldSubSailor

Thanks.... That's useful input. I'm keeping all of the replies and I'll probably wind up bread boarding a layout when I get my transformers
  19. OldSubSailor

Yes, I've browsed Vinyl Savior's pages. In fact in a later one he says he prefers the 801 A as a driver for the 211. What I've not seen (and either I missed it or I'm over thinking it, is a recommended interstage transformer between the 801 and the 211.
  20. OldSubSailor

I've seen references to designs that use interstage transformers but no details. Do you have a reference to a design and a suitable interstage transformer?
  21. OldSubSailor

After many years of just thinking about it, I've decided to get going using a stash of NOS Vt 4C / 211 triodes to build a couple amps. First up will be a couple SE mono-blocks with 801A drivers (about 20 W / channel) and, if that's successful a higher power P-P amp with adjustable bias to try...
  22. OldSubSailor

And I WOULD like to be on that invite list
  23. OldSubSailor

Yes, that would be me.... where did you live around here?
  24. OldSubSailor

Maybe at some point..... my life is WAY too busy right now as I'm helping my wife recover from a near fatal car accident. It's a long story I'd rather not get into, but suffice it to say that we've got one or more appointments on the calendar EVERY day this month except Christmas day.
  25. OldSubSailor

RE: Iowa - yes, I'm just a bit SE of you in Marshalltown ... originally a River Rat, I was born & raised in Muscatine
Back
Top Bottom