Search results

1. William907

Dual 1019 with Shure M31E

My sister wanted to buy me an old turntable for Christmas so I sent her a link to decent looking Dual 1019 on eBay. She had the winning bid. The listing says "It has a Shure M31E with original stylus. They are in nice condition and play well." Is this a good turntable/cartridge combo, or should...
  2. William907

Ugliest Headshell Ever Made!

Okay, maybe it isn't the ugliest ever, but it's pretty bad. Does anyone know of an uglier one? I've seen some wooden ones that were not pretty. I'm not saying it doesn't work well, just that it's ugly.
  3. William907

Reattaching headshell to tonearm. Dual 1009

I am about to reattach the headshell to the tonearm on my old Dual 1009. I'm wondering what product I should use. Would it be better to use something that sets up very hard, like a cement, or would it be better if it was rubbery. Would you want vibrations to pass between the tonearm and...
  4. William907

Dual turntable oil, grease, and other lube.

Dual turntable oil, grease, and other lube. I have done a few searches for general information on this topic and haven't found a thread with a title that didn't address a specific model or part. I am interested in products and techniques for cleaning and lubricating Dual turntables. Some...
  5. William907

Realistic 42-2930 pre-amp

I would love to hear any opinions of, and experiences with, this vintage pre-amp. What modifications can be done? What components should be replaced? Thanks!
  6. William907

The Cockeyed Dirtybird (Dual 1009SK)

I purchased a used Dual 1009 on an auction site recently. It was only $17.53 but cost an additional $48.75 for shipping to Alaska. It was listed as “Non Functional-Parts and Repair” but I had great faith that it was in pretty good shape. It was quite dirty on top, covered in dust and grime...
  7. William907

Turning a 45+ year old speaker into a modern subwoofer

I plan on turning an old Realistic Optimus-4 speaker into a subwoofer with modern components. The dimensions of this speaker are "14-1/2" square x 19" high" outside. So probably around 2 square feet inside. I need a good driver, a crossover, and a design. I could just replace the driver and plug...
  8. William907

Best late '60s Dual?

I will be getting a turntable to go with my late '60s Realistic system. I really like the Dual turntables and have my eye on the 1019. My receiver is small so I like the small size of 1019. What about the 1009, 1010, 1015, or any other?
  9. William907

Realistic STA-65 inputs

I am in need of some coaching. I have this here beautiful receiver and I'm not 100% sure what these inputs are for. TAPE OUT, must be going to the real-to-real. AUX, would be any auxiliary input. XTAL, does that mean external? What is this for? MAG-2, MAG-1, is this for magnetic cartridge...
  10. William907

Anyone else use this avatar?

Is anyone else using this iconic photo as their avatar? Is it poor form to have the same avatar as another user?
  11. William907

New Dual 1257 on its way

My first turntable of my adult life is on its way. It's a new Dual 1257, and when I say new, I mean never used and in original condition. I got it for $195 including shipping to Alaska so I'm happy with the price. I'm really worried about how well it was packaged, and how badly it may be beat...
  12. William907

Realistic speakers to go with Realistic receiver.

I have a Realistic STA-65 receiver that is in great condition but I need speakers to go with it. I would like to keep this system close to what would have been purchased in the late '60s, and have a walnut wood veneer. The STA-65 is in the 1969 Radio Shack catalog along with some Realistic...
Back
Top Bottom