Search results

1. M

1500 Series Receivers

Has anyone had experience with the 1500 series Marantz receivers? ( ie. 1520,1530 etc) Do they still have that "Marantz Sound" that the 2000 series have? :confused:
  2. M

New VS Old

At this point I think new is the way for me to go. :bigok: Thanks to all who replied to my post.
  3. M

MAD magazine

MAD magazine is still around!
  4. M

New VS Old

After a hiatus of 40 years I have decided to buy a turntable so that I can enjoy all the vinyl that I have kept from the past. ( I don't intend to give up listening to CD's though! ) My question is : Should I by new VS an old turntable. The cost of vintage turntables seems to have outpaced some...
  5. M

Best Sounding Current Receiver Under $400

I already own a Harmon Kardon 330A and absolutely love the sound! :thumbsup: Also A Kenwood KR 6050 receiver, Kenwood KA3700 Integrated amp, Kenwood KT5500 tuner, Nad 1600 preamp, Nad 215 amp, Sansui 1000X receiver, Altec Lansing 710 receiver and a Realistic STA-77A receiver.What I'm looking for...
  6. M

I should also mention that what ever I buy must be in mint or near mint condition cosmetically as it will be the centerpiece in my living room. I border on being anal about that! :rflmao:
  7. M

I have owned Onkyo, Denon and Sony in the the past (Searching for the holy grail of inexpensive receivers!) and have not been that impressed with the sound. :dunno:
  8. M

I would love to own a Rotel but a clean one without any problems are very rare for $400.00. I have found none in my area on Craigslist and the prices on Ebay are going out of sight since the pandemic hit. :(
  9. M

I don't eat fast food and can honestly say I have never had a Starbucks beverage. :D
  10. M

Chill David. :) No anger meant.
  11. M

I will be listening to FM, CD's and records. My speakers have a 87db rating. The room is rather small. I find that 20 watts per channel is more than sufficient to power them.
  12. M

NAD 316beeV2 is a integrated amp not a RECEIVER.
  13. M

Although I am basically a vintage receiver fan I would not be adverse to owning a modern receiver (Pioneer, Marantz, Yamaha?) that has that "vintage sound",whatever that is. I know that their are a lot of "high end" receivers that sound astounding but I'm just a poor boy that's retired and...
  14. M

Nakamichi Receivers

Any thoughts on late 1970's-1980's -1990's Nakamichi receivers?
  15. M

Speaker Selector Switch with Banana plug Connectors?

I have speakers & and receivers that have banana plugs for hook-up and I am looking for a switch with banana connectors(4 receivers to 1 pair speakers) instead of those worthless ( to me) push-in ones connectors.I have found a couple but they are $200 or more. Does anyone know where I can such...
  16. M

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

My last audio purchase was a Altec 710 receiver that I purchased over a year ago from Ebay that was made in the late 1970's. I finally got it hooked up last night in my den and WOW!, what a sleeper! Not only does it look great the sound is very comparable to my Sansui 1000X.
  17. M

Sherwood 7100A

Does anyone know if a Sherwood 7100A that is encased in a wood case has has another metal case under it when you remove the outer case?
  18. M

Vintage gear that makes you say "Wow"...

I don't have any pictures because I no longer have them, but Marantz 2238B, Pioneer 727 &737 receivers that I once owned wowed me! I also am amazed at how good my current gear (Nad Harman Kardon, Sansui, Kenwood and Altec sound! :jump:
  19. M

Vintage over Modern Gear

Just a comment about what attracts me to vintage over modern gear besides the fact that I grew up during the vintage era.1. Sound, of course. I'm not saying that all modern equipment doesn't sound as good, but dollar for dollar it's hard to beat vintage for sound...
  20. M

Music Hall 1.3 Turntable

I want to get back into vinyl after a 50 year :eek: hiatus and have a couple of questions. Does the Music Hall turntable come with a pre-aligned cartridge and an end of record shut off? Where is this model made?
  21. M

Lafayette Recevers?

Anyone here that has experience with Lafayette receivers or know who produced them for Lafayette? I'm curious about sound quality. Are they comparable to 70's Pioneers, Kenwoods or other makes of that quality?
  22. M

Equipment you still wish you owned

Marantz 2238B and Sansui Six. :(
Back
Top Bottom