Search results

1. cuchu

Plans for homemade speakers

What do you prefer, the frugal horns mk3 or the double bass reflex speakers? I would like to build a pair of speakers to use without subwoofer. Thanks!!
  2. cuchu

FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

What do you mean with "happier"? Are you talking about watts per channel or sound quality? In my case, in a small room, with 6 ohms speakers and the fx audio tube, the volume in the amp is settled at 40%. So, 13 volts are more than enough for me.
  3. cuchu

Im using a similar power supply (13 v/ 7a) with 3 devices. - Tpa 3116 amp - Fx audio tube 03 - Fx audio dac X6 It works nice!
  4. cuchu

Thank you very much for your advice. I´ll tell you how it sounds when I have done it.
  5. cuchu

I completely agree with you. less is more. In fact I have the fx tube 01 for a year. I love how it sounds with my Voskhod tubes and my linear power supply. The fx tube 03 I have in my secondary system. I found it on sale at a very good price (€ 25) and I could not resist. I have a pair of...
  6. cuchu

Hi! I´ve got the fx audio tube 03 and also de fx audio dac x6, in both cases I´ve read that rolling opamps would be an improvement. Before doing it,I would like your opinion. Does the improvement in sound as noticeable as the tube rolling or when using a linear power supply? In that case,wich...
  7. cuchu

Im using moode. What are the benefits of "polarity inversion"?
  8. cuchu

Very impressed with Allo Boss DAC with Raspberry Pi 3+, MOODE audio

Could you give us some info of your DIY Linear PSU? I´m very interested. Thanks!
  9. cuchu

Very impressed with Allo Boss DAC with Raspberry Pi 3+, MOODE audio

Hi! I'm thinking about changing my IQaudio Pi Dac + for an Allo Boss 1.2. As I do not have much knowledge about electronics, I thought about this Ifi Ipower PSU https://ifi-audio.com/products/ipower/ ti feed the DAC and the Raspberry through the DAC´s usb type C.
  10. cuchu

I have had a problem with some GE JAN 5654w. The fact is that after a week of using my Fx Audio Tube 01 with those tubes, my Pioneer VSX 324 amplifier suddenly went out. The first few times it turned off after 20 or 30 minutes of use. Later the blackouts were more and more frequent. At first, I...
  11. cuchu

What type of speakers are considered "efficient speakers"?
  12. cuchu

Link or picture of these magnificent rca tubes??? Thanks!
  13. cuchu

A new challenge! What's the best system you can build for under $500?

These Q Acoustics 2020i sounds brilliant!
  14. cuchu

I'm using the Voskhods an I´m already using the Voskhod 6J1P-EV (the ones with rocket logo, OTK and Rhombus) The fact is I noticed the bass quieter / rolled off with the chinese tubes. By the time I connected the Voskhod the bass became much more present, to the point that I had to lower the...
  15. cuchu

Wow! amazing system! How does it sound compared to the Volt+D?
  16. cuchu

Sorry for the offtopic! What power supply do you use with the RPI? I´m using the official one https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-universal-power-supply/ I don´t know if it is the best choice for audio.
  17. cuchu

Waiting for your review!
  18. cuchu

I'm from Spain. I've bought a regulated power supply in a second hand store. It's a good solution
  19. cuchu

Cheap HiFi for starters

Maybe this thread is forgotten, however I´m going to recommend an affordable hifi. I am not an expert, I would simply like to share my experience with other folks who want a good sound system without spending a lot of money. Of course there will be better components than the ones I mentioned...
  20. cuchu

Very cheap FX Audio tube-01 preamp

As same as you all I hear is "better, bigger and richer sound". Specially with the Vokshod tubes, instead the chinese ones. So in my opinion, all is positive.
  21. cuchu

Very cheap FX Audio tube-01 preamp

It's courious, some folks hear noise and distortion and others don't. I've been using the Fx audio for two weeks and I didn't hear anything disturbing. Maybe it is delivered with different power supplies. I changed the tubes for a tested pair of Voskhod. What an improvement!! The sound is...
  22. cuchu

Help - FX-AUDIO TUBE-01 Best Board Revision? Tube-01 vs Tube-03?

Hi everyone! A few days ago I changed the stock tubes for a pair of Voskhod 6J1P-EV. Now the sound is awesome! With the stock tubes I barely heard the bass. Now the sound is brilliant, magic, with much more character. The bass is present all over the room. The tubes seller recommend a 100 hours...
  23. cuchu

In my opinion, and in my experience, changing the tubes is essential to fully enjoy the Fx tube 01.
  24. cuchu

A few days ago I changed the stock tubes for a pair of Voskhod 6J1P-EV. Now the sound is awesome! With the stock tubes I barely heard the bass. Now the sound is brilliant, magic, with much more character. The bass is present all over the room.
Back
Top Bottom