Search results

1. aystrick

Klipsch SB3 speaker cabinet repair

Can someone suggest the best way to repair Klipch SB3 cabinet? Seems the top right corner joint is starting to come apart. Should I just glue it? This causes a distracting vibration especially in music with alot of bass. Thanks.
  2. aystrick

Thunderstorms suck

T-storms I hear ya man. I'm also in NC, we got a serious storm earlier! Definately not worth frying the audio equipment...ah the computer is replaceable.
  3. aystrick

Can't get cassette out of deck

Thanks guys Sounds like I have somewhere to start. Ill let you all know how it goes. Thanks again!
  4. aystrick

Can't get cassette out of deck

Anyone have ideas on how to get a cassette out of tape deck, it's stuck...door won't open...do I need to take the cover off and dig around alittle? Any thoughts?
  5. aystrick

need advice on TT

I would like to purchase a turntable but aren't quite sure what to buy. I don't want to spend huge amounts of $$$. Saw Technics, are they good? Pioneer, Marantz?
  6. aystrick

Thursday Tunes

Just had to listen to this one to put me in a better frame of mind... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000003TBN/qid=1116527021/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-4568949-0151809
  7. aystrick

Technics vs. Sansui

Haven't owned a Sansui but I am very pleased with my Technics 5370. It is rated at 48 wpc but has waaaay more power than I would ever use. I have it playing through Athena FS2 speakers. Speakers seem to balance the brightness of the receiver well. Nice looking Receiver.
  8. aystrick

Cranked up, halfway, or not at all

Depends on which system I'm listening to. If I'm listening to the Marantz 2270 receiver w/Klipsch speakers, I leave the controls flat maybe ease back on the treble. The Marantz, to me, balances any harshness of the horn speakers nicely. My Technics receiver w/Athena speakers is alittle...
  9. aystrick

Tuesday tunes

Nice choice. I reciently purchased the CD. Love it.
  10. aystrick

Pics of my more recent acquisitions...

Very nice collection. Big Marantz fan here.
  11. aystrick

i'm feeling generous DONATIONS

better late than never One Andrew Jackson.
  12. aystrick

I found a Marantz 2275 sitting ... free!

Nice grab. I should be so lucky. I have the 2270, it is a dream.
  13. aystrick

Miscellaneous ramblings about AKFest 2K5

Yeah, I just orded Back In Baroque, really cool recording!
  14. aystrick

Thank You !

had a great time Many thanks for those who worked so hard to make AK fest such a great event. I met some really super folks. I had no idea there would be so much food, good job! A special thanks to Tim for Marantz parts unit. Thank you Glen for repair tips. We came up all the way from...
  15. aystrick

AK Fest 2005 Digital Pictures

Thats me sitting listening to the Hartsfields. I spent alot of time in that room! John was a fascinating guy to talk to. Amazing speakers. Great pics Dave.
  16. aystrick

You guys getting hyped for the fest ?

I can remember during my trip to NYC marveling about how friendly the people were there, but actually they were just talking to me because they wanted to hear my southern accent. Anything I can do to make someone's day is okie dokie with me. See y'all at AK fest!
  17. aystrick

Where were YOU during the great receiver wars of the 70's?

1977 grad! Amazing how many 1977 grads! I also fall into this category. I was poor, but my older brother managed to have impressive stereo systems. He turned me on to hifi for better or worse.
  18. aystrick

Check in here if you're coming!

Will be there Saturday and Sunday. Going out to hear live music on Saturday would suit me. We will have a rental car, so would be glad to give a ride.
  19. aystrick

Any Wifes or GF's Commin'??

No wives or girlfriends, just my husband.
  20. aystrick

That's just nasty (mistreated gear)

Looks like it to me. I bought a Hammond M3 organ at a thrift store and the yoyo's there wrote all over it with magic marker. Amazingly, I rubbed it off easily with toothpaste and a soft cloth. Try it.
  21. aystrick

Hammond M2?

I just cringe when I hear of someone wanting to hack up a Hammond organ. Parting out a battered old organ to repair other organs is a different story.
  22. aystrick

My New Amp!

Damn. I'd be livid at the least. That mac doesn't look much better than the godfather there.
  23. aystrick

Wednesday Tunes

It's a Beautiful Day "Its a Beautiful Day" (in Vinyl!). Found this one at a thrift store convinced it was to scratched to play. I cleaned it and oh man, beautiful especially "White Bird". I really like that San Francisco sound. The album cover is nice too...
  24. aystrick

Time to ROCK; Your Choice?

Try this again...I couldn't agree more If I was stuck on a desert island and could bring only 1 song to rock out to it would absolutely, positively have to be Isley Brothers "Who's That Lady". I can listen to that over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...
  25. aystrick

Time to ROCK; Your Choice?

I couldn If I was stuck on a desert island and could bring only 1 song to rock out to it would absolutely, positively have to be Isley Brothers "Who's That Lady". I can listen to that over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.....
Back
Top Bottom