Search results

1. Gingie

Klipshch RF-7 vs JBL L7 vs Yamaha NS-1000

Yes they will be used as HT and minor music listening.
  2. Gingie

Klipshch RF-7 vs JBL L7 vs Yamaha NS-1000

Brain picking question if you will. I have the opportunity to purchase either Klipsch RF-7s(first gen) they come with the RC-7 as well , JBL L7s or Yamaha NS-1000. JBLs and Klipsch are mint condition. Yamaha's need some love. I was able to audition the RF-7sand the L7s but the Yamaha's were...
  3. Gingie

Yamaha CX-630

Thank you. That worked.
  4. Gingie

Yamaha CX-630

Hello all, Looking to add a led to my Yamaha CX-630 for the volume knob. It has a port where a lamp would go and the knob has theclever little clear dot. It appears it can be done. My question is any idea where I should pull power for the led? I've been poking around in it and can't seem to...
  5. Gingie

Looking for a Little Help with some JBL C56 Dorians

And now I know. Thank you for the info.
  6. Gingie

Looking for a Little Help with some JBL C56 Dorians

Know this is old post but the high freq driver was on that could be spec out with the C56. However the low freq driver you have is not correct. They came with LE14s.
  7. Gingie

New and looking for an amp. Integrated.

Thank you all very much. I did find a A-1000 just still debating on integrated or power with a pre.
  8. Gingie

New and looking for an amp. Integrated.

Well all. I've been bitten by the bug again. Also very new. Thought a good A/V receiver (running a Elite VSX-91TXH on the JBLs and a Yamaha RX-V870 on the Advent) was the world. Knew of separates and all. Just never thought about it until I bought my (I've had Klipsch Heresys and Advent Maestros...
  9. Gingie

Bluetooth users! Anyone here have an Audioengine B1?

Why do you say use the D2 vs the B1? How does the Auris blume HD compare to either the B1 or D2? I'm in the market for one and not sure what would work the best.
  10. Gingie

JBL c56 Dorian

Zonker92, Thanks! They came with the original cloth grills. They need a good cleaning first. Cleaned up the pot metal JBL emblems with CLR. Didn't damage the base metal or the black enameling. Look new again. I have some neck 6"x 6" ceder is was thinking of making stands out of. Not sure on...
  11. Gingie

Show your JBLs off

My C56s Pre updating.
  12. Gingie

JBL c56 Dorian

Thank you sir. I'm completely nerding out over these Dorians. Sound is just amazing. I now have my Klipsch Heresys up for sale.
  13. Gingie

JBL L112 Woofer paint

14. Gingie

JBL c56 Dorian

New Clarity Caps fixed the tweet issue. Went ahead and added some sidewinder coils. Crossovers are all updated. Sound is night and day. I've read about "burn in" on new caps etc. Could anyone educate me on this please?
  15. Gingie

JBL c56 Dorian

Having an issue with one of the LE175 tweets on my Dorian's. One of them seems to be crossed over much higher than the other one. Complete lack of mid/highs if you will. Volume is there just no lower end of the high spectrum. So I'm on to updating the crossovers(LX10) I guess? Or could this be a...
  16. Gingie

JBL L112 Woofer paint

Did this last night after refoaming the surrounds and it only added .7 grams of weight per (LE14a) drivers. I didn't want to do it due to altering value and or originality but getting the Lancoly surrounds off the cone turned out..... well.... lets just say F***! Also the original surrounds were...
  17. Gingie

JBL c56 Dorian

They are. Already took them apart out of curiosity and to get the dead bugs out. 1st pic is the outside and second is the inside.
  18. Gingie

JBL c56 Dorian

One more thing since you're the only one that is answering all my question. Thank you very much for that. The mash er lens. Is the alignment of the perforation of the steel plates critical? One of them looks lined up and the other one just looks thrown in. I have some light surface rust I need...
  19. Gingie

JBL c56 Dorian

Thank you sir for the info. I ordered the new surrounds from Simply Speakers. Going to give it a try. Satisfaction of doing it myself and all. I was able to get the plastic gaskets and the surrounds off the frame very easily. Now the surrounds on the cons them self. That's going to be fun. I've...
  20. Gingie

JBL c56 Dorian

So pulled the LE14 drivers and ready to put new surrounds on. Who offers a re foam kit that includes the gasket on the outer edge of the surround? Spoke with Simply Speakers (who has the kit) but they do not offer it with the gaskets. They said it was not necessary to have them. Well I want them...
  21. Gingie

JBL c56 Dorian

Thanks for the info. Was wondering because the only ones I've seen with black mounts are the ones I have.
  22. Gingie

JBL c56 Dorian

Well I found a pair C56 Dorians(with LE14s and masher tweets) as well here in Ft. Lauderdale area for $40.00 that I'm going to restore. Nailed it! The owner was moving and didn't want to take them. My win. I'm somewhat new to vintage speaker stuff. Does anyone no a place here in the Miami Ft...
Back
Top Bottom