Search results

1. WpurrC

Let's see your cans!

Given the cost difference between the 600 and 800, I cannot say it's a worthwhile expenditure, but I can say the 800s are easily the best sounding/most comfortable headphones I've tried...and I have not seen a close second. I won't go into all that audiophile hoodoo about sound stage and...
  2. WpurrC

Sansui 929 question

Yes, that little set screw is present. It seems to be meant to lock that black base part with the text in place.
  3. WpurrC

Mac 4100 power switch

I just saw that on the back....not sure how I missed it. Very cool stuff.
  4. WpurrC

Mac 4100 power switch

I had never heard of that auto function. Interesting. Do you know if it was part of the 4100?
  5. WpurrC

Let's see your cans!

I hadn't bought headphones in many years until last year when I went ape sh*t crazy and bought a few pairs. I was doing fine with the inexpensive AT phones before that. The Sennheiser hd 600s are great for the money, but that finish on them...yikes. The Klipsch are like Halle Berry...gorgeous...
  6. WpurrC

Mac 4100 power switch

I have a nice 4100 that has had no issues until recently. The power switch was sticking in the ON position. You know that switch...the press in press in again to release. I got to the switch and removed it....couldn't find a replacement so drilled it open. One side of the switch was never...
  7. WpurrC

Sansui 929 question

Hey, thanks for the reply. I have that part in place. It seems to be there to lock the whole shebang in place but does not penetrate far enough to hold the shaft I'm seeing when I lift up on the bearing assembly. And if it did "set" at that point, the shaft would not be free to turn and would...
  8. WpurrC

Sansui 929 question

I recently got a 929 and it was knocked around some in shipping. I would have to recommend that these 30 pound Sansui tables not be shipped. This one was packed very well and still was dropped so hard it has issues. The problem I see may have been present before it was shipped, actually...
  9. WpurrC

Hi all...

New to the forum but not old audio. I hope to contribute and to learn from the collective knowledge I've seen here when not a member.
Back
Top Bottom