Search results

1. Gibsonian

Grace 707 bearing

Hoping someone who is familiar with Grace tonearms could help direct me to a tool that would fit the side to side rotating bearing for my Grace 707. I'm looking for a spanner that would fit the bearing lock on the circled bearing below. Thanks
  2. Gibsonian

2 woofers in 1 cabinet

Will be building new low frequency cabinets with 2 identical AE 15" drivers per cabinet this spring. Is there a benefit to placing them in individual compartments in this cabinet or not? Will be easier in my estimation to place them in one volume so planning to go that route unless I am...
  3. Gibsonian

Questions regarding diy speaker

I will be building my likely final bass cabinets for my main system and had a couple questions I'd like to pose before starting the final planning. This could belong in diy but didn't think I'd get the audience I needed so here it is for the speaker experts in attendance. These bass cabinets...
  4. Gibsonian

Accuphase P300

I have had a P300 on my shelf now for years and am considering finally breaking it out and beginning the refurb process. I'm thinking about replacing all the old carbon resistors with metal film resistors in this refurb, as well as replacing all electrolytics, and some other choice components...
  5. Gibsonian

Plinth construction

Was thinking about making a high mass plinth for my next TT. Thinking of layers of 0.75" birch plywood (11 ply or more) with lead sheets in between the layers of plywood, thinking 1/8" thick on the lead. Looking for feedback on how to constrain all of the layers together. My thinking would be...
  6. Gibsonian

Looking for assistance, tonearm selection

I have an itch I feel I need to scratch for a new tonearm for my TT. Current setup is: Sony PS2251-LA Grace 707 tonearm AT 33SA cart (compliance is 10 at 100Hz, so estimating 18 at 10 Hz) I even ordered a new tonearm from Audiomods but something wrong with it, so had to send it back and I...
  7. Gibsonian

Pick up a phono stage in Havertown, PA

Am looking for someone to pick up a phono stage in Havertown, PA and pack and ship to Iowa. Seller will not ship. Anyone near there that could help a fellow AKer out??? Would really appreciate it if someone could!
  8. Gibsonian

Suggestions for high power midrange

In the process of upgrading speakers for main system, all diy, and looking for a high power midrange that would be considered also hi-fi. 8 or 10 in diameter I am thinking, and SPL capability to 122 dB at a meter in the 150 - 2000 Hz output window in a sealed enclosure. I will be using AE TD...
  9. Gibsonian

Tube assistance please

I have been reading some and following advice from this forum and others on some tube swapping on my ST70 recently with very good results. I have replaced the output tubes from EL34's to KT77's, and the center preamp tube to E80cc's (can't remember what was in there originally). I am...
  10. Gibsonian

BMS 4550 experience

In a triamp arrangement in the garage (my main system), I recently removed the upper mid/high section which consisted of a Pioneer midrange from DSS-9 speaker system and a Morel tweeter, can't recall the model exactly but is one of their more affordable high power handling ones. I believe...
  11. Gibsonian

Aurum Cantus

Was wondering if anyone is using Aurum Cantus tweeters in homebrew or purchased speakers today and could comment on which model they are using and the sound of these? I am considering purchasing a pair and could use some feedback. They are quite expensive, esp the Aero Striction units.
  12. Gibsonian

Air Supply, A Band that I never quite "got"

Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself! (I know it was wrong!)
  13. Gibsonian

Tonearms

Focusing on the vinyl system a bit recently and wondered if some of you more experienced spinners could help me in what I've determined to be my next step to sonic nirvana. I have two tonearms in my possession today (others too but on fairly inexpensive TT's) that are the best I've had to date...
  14. Gibsonian

Yamaha C2a cartridge loading

My C2a preamp has phono cartridge loading via rca jacks in the back. Per the manual you can load different capacitance additions to the phono circuit to change output of cartridges. My question is: Can I also resistance load via the same rca loading jacks? The manual does not state...
  15. Gibsonian

BMS 4550 compensation network

I am getting ready to build a pair of econowaves using the BMS4550 driver for the HF. I will be using electronic crossover to cross between 900 and 1200 Hz but want to flatten the 4550 response out from stock form. I will use the crossover to adjust output level of the driver as well. This...
  16. Gibsonian

Help with Yammi C-2a preamp

I acquired one of these a few months back and have it nearly ready to go after some recapping and replacing of some transistors and such. I have run into what seems a dead end in replacing a Yamaha specific dual FET device called 2sk101. I was wondering if anyone had run into this before and...
  17. Gibsonian

Help with a Yamaha C-2a preamp

I acquired one of these a few months back and have it nearly ready to go after some recapping and replacing of some transistors and such. I have run into what seems a dead end in replacing a Yamaha specific dual FET device called 2sk101. I was wondering if anyone had run into this before and...
  18. Gibsonian

dts output into my dac

In the upgrade mode, I have begun to look at some fairly nice DVD players for use as a transport for CD playback and have found a number of them that appear to have only DTS audio output via the digital coaxial output. Will this work/sound ok going into my 2 channel stand alone DAC? or do I...
  19. Gibsonian

Spec 1 phono stage with MC

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use the Pioneer spec 1 with a low output MC cartridge? Phono 1 is fixed output and is only for high output cartridges I know but phono 2 has adjustable gain and am wondering if I can jump into MC to try with my existing pre.
  20. Gibsonian

Shure V15 questions

I have acquired new to me vintage items for the phono addiction and have a couple questions pertaining to them. I just picked up a Pioneer PL707 that I plan to mount either an also newly acquired V15II or V15III. My questions: 1) These cartridges require longer mounting screws than...
  21. Gibsonian

Electronic Xover with delay

Anyone know of a commercially produced electronic Xover (not a digital one) that has delay control for all output channels? Mine (a Behringer CX3400) and others I've seen only have delay on the low output. I would like to have this control on all ouputs, as this would be a great benefit in...
  22. Gibsonian

Benny Goodman

Anyone here into Benny Goodman (King of Swing)? I would like to pick up a Benny Goodman CD or album but am curiuous if anyone can direct me to something that is good material and an OK recording. I think back then everything was recorded directly to 78 (78 is master) and the whole...
  23. Gibsonian

Negative/Positive speaker wire length

I'm curious if anyone could shed some light to a new question I've come up with - For speaker wire application, would it matter if the negative wire was a different length than the positive wire? Or is it of no consequence? Appreciate your responses.
  24. Gibsonian

Pioneer S-910

I recently picked up midranges and tweeters from Pioneer S-910 speakers and will be incorporating these into my garage HPM100's. I am looking for S-910 crossover points and also the crossover schematic, if anyone can help me out with this. Can't find these anywhere on the net. BTW, I...
  25. Gibsonian

Toshiba ST320

Anyone ever heard of this model? I can find no info. on it on the web. Hope it never needs any service..........
Back
Top Bottom