Search results

1. Two Socks

Slowpat.. Awesome AKer

Pat sold me a really nice set of watkin woofers. Really enjoyed meeting him in person and chatting about gear for a bit. Thanks Pat Jeff
  2. Two Socks

Scored some Quantum 2's

I'm relatively new to this hobby about 3 years into it and have learned much in that time,with much thanks to AK and its members. So when I first got into the vintage stereo world I made a mistake and passed on some Quantum 3's they were a steal at 200 yep I passed what was I thinking. So a few...
  3. Two Socks

Speaker Choice Opinions

I have a MC462/C70 combo..which I am really enjoying. I enjoy trying new speakers like I am sure a lot of you guys do too. Locally for sale are a pair of Kef 107/2"s and a really nice looking set of Mcintosh XR7's Opinions? Both are in really nice cosmetic shape. Thanks to all
  4. Two Socks

Looking for advice

Thinking about a C2600/MC452 combo wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this setup. Its a good chunk of cash so want to get it right the first time. Thanks
  5. Two Socks

Preamp question

I recently was given a few pieces of gear. MC207..MX121..MC7108 ..CR16 all in close to perfect condition. I am not really a home theater guy.. My plan is to keep the amp for 2 channel stereo use. Im thinking about selling the rest and buying a Preamp that is more of an Audio only type. So my...
  6. Two Socks

Got gifted some gear have a few questions

Today at work had a customer give me some McIntosh gear. Was a theater / whole house system for a friend of his, a rich friend that got a new setup and he just wanted the McIntosh stuff gone so it sat on a shelf till today when he gave it to me. MC207..Mx121..MC7108..AC16 all pieces are perfect...
  7. Two Socks

Question Regarding Recievers vs Amps and ohms

Might be a dumb question but here goes So when I connect a receiver to an 8 or 16 ohm set of speakers there is only one set of taps But when connecting to a Vintage amp there are 4 8 and 16 ohm taps. Is it a one size fits all on a receiver?
  8. Two Socks

Awesome AKer Royzilla

Just bought a Scott LK-150 /LC-21 from Roy. He was great to deal with the gear I bought from him is top shelf. Thanks Roy
  9. Two Socks

Tannoy Crossovers?

Picked up a set of Tannoy Gold monitors 12 inchers in some cool Barzilay cabinets Wondering if anyone knows somewhere that can refurbish the crossovers? Thanks
  10. Two Socks

Help choosing amp and pre

Ok so last time I posted in the Mcintosh arena I was asking what to pair my C11 with and you guys recommended a MC225 so I listened and I got one. I got really lucky on finding one and The C11 and MC225 together are absolutely amazing you guys know your stuff and I am thankful for the advise. So...
  11. Two Socks

Thank You Greg Nal

Just bought a MC225 from Greg,would like to just say what a great guy. Feel like I made a new friend in the hobby..Thanks Greg.!
  12. Two Socks

What Amp to get?

I have a C11 that Id like to pair with something Like a MC240..MC225? Ive had a new version of the 275 and was not really impressed. Speakers would be Cornwalls Khorns or Chorus2 So power is not really an issue. Just wondering what the season pros here think is the best sounding...Im ok with...
  13. Two Socks

First Fisher Gear

Picked up my first Fisher receivers 500S and a 800B they are both working and both have all Original tubes except the power tubes. Both sound awesome not restored yet but will get them both a physical and brought up to snuff soon.For never being restored they sure sound fantastic. Picked them up...
  14. Two Socks

Eight Deluxe MIA

So a few weeks back I bought an eight deluxe on eBay It came as described sounded so good I decided to keep my eyes open for another one. So one popped up on eBay and I pushed the buy it button.. Today was the day it was to be delivered. Was home all day never heard a thing out front looked at...
  15. Two Socks

Kenwood Trio LS-101

I posted this in the Kenwood area but got no responses. A set of Kenwood LS-101 are for sale locally and I cannot find much of anything about them anywhere. I am going to check them out tomorrow and am interested if anyone has any info or has heard of them or has heard of someone that has a...
  16. Two Socks

Thoughts on Quantum 3's?

There is a pair for sale locally for 200.00 they are in pretty nice shape I have listened to them at low volume They don't have the original grills but the drivers all look nice. I don't know much about them would love to here from people that have them or had them.. Thanks in advance
  17. Two Socks

I'm new here, Hi

Yep I'm a new guy here and fairly new to this hobby Ive got a lot to learn that's why I'm here.. I have always loved music and now I feel the same way about the equipment so far I'm enjoying the ride. Happy to find a place so packed with Info and knowledgeable people.
Back
Top Bottom