Search results

1. Ol' Ken

Did you travel to see the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024?

I was switching back and forth on the Cdn coverage - when the verbiage got too much I or my wife changed the channel.
  2. Ol' Ken

Did you travel to see the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024?

I live in the path - I've seen one before and perhaps due to my advanced years I can't get too excited over this event. It was light - it got dark - it got light again. Ta Daa...
  3. Ol' Ken

'nother USB microscope question

Thanks to al for the input...
  4. Ol' Ken

Tks...
  5. Ol' Ken

Can it readily be used to view the the cartidge alignment when on the protractor. I'm getting pretty old with shaky fingers and weaker eyes. something like the one below. TIA...
  6. Ol' Ken

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Nagaoka JT 80BL to replace a MP110
  7. Ol' Ken

Vinyl Engine not accepting new members - can someone help?

I've contributed a few times under my "OLD" psuedonym and unable to log on or get any response. Still can read the forum only.
  8. Ol' Ken

Technics SL 1360 Cartridge Advice Needed

I use the Nagaoka MP110 on my SL1300 and a headshell from Amazon.
  9. Ol' Ken

Merry Christmas

to all you AKers from Ol' Ken. Just a quiet day here with my bride. She's watching Christmas TV and have some new records to spin. All the best to you and yours.
  10. Ol' Ken

List of AK'ers with a Technics SL1200/SL1210

1210GR here
  11. Ol' Ken

Replacement cord for Senn HD650

I 'm using cables from " New Fantasia" on my 650s. Ordered from Amazon. Had them for a few years with no issues at all.
  12. Ol' Ken

Last day of work

Thanks for the comment although I retired 17 years ago..:-)
  13. Ol' Ken

What Records Have You Bought Most Recently ?

Forty Licks and Chrome Dreams
  14. Ol' Ken

BBQ weather in the Great White North

101F (38+C) on our deck at 5PM before the humidex. Started BBQing Beer Can Chicken at 4PM. Thank goodness for fermented restorative beverages.Over the deck BBQ tunes @ 33 1/3 were Dixie Chicken and Beano.
  15. Ol' Ken

Requesting Input from Forum Members After 2023 Update

Thanks - looks good and even I can navigate it.
  16. Ol' Ken

Left knee soon to be replaced..

Knee update... Still working in it...just achy and it gets tired easily. The only issue is that I can only get about 120 degrees of flex so far - every knee recovery time is different say the physios 'cause I had 130-135 with the right knee at this time. Played 18 holes of golf a couple of...
  17. Ol' Ken

What headphone amp are you using currently?

Tried again..Use it for serious listening with a pair of Drop HD6xx. Current set up... Technics SL1210GR with either a Denon DL103 or Hana SL thru and EAR Phonobox for my analogue fix and a Rotel CD player on the Yamaha AS2200 via the balanced input
  18. Ol' Ken

What headphone amp are you using currently?

Supposed to be a picture of Cayin HA 1 Mk 2 headphone amp.
  19. Ol' Ken

Still alive and doing OK...off to the golf course tomorrow morning before it gets too hot - gas polo of course. Walked the 1st five on my course holes during the weekend did better than expected it went No.1.bogey on a 400 yard par 4, No. 2. 145 yard Par 3 bogey, No. 3 300 yard par 4 bogey (...
  20. Ol' Ken

Still doing OK - most of the time just a little sore and achy. I've overdone it a couple of times by doing too much or trying too hard which has had me laying off (or being a layabout) for a few days. Still getiing physio since my medical coverage pays for most of it. Gonna start doing some yard...
  21. Ol' Ken

16 years sober today.

Congrats - nice accomplishment - take pride in what you have done Hadda buddy in the 60s-70s who had no control at all. Lost his wife and kids then his dairy farm - what a waste.
  22. Ol' Ken

Who is the most famous person you ever talked to or met?

Got introduced to Sir William Stephenson at work one day in the 80s. It was very brief - here I am just a faceless administrative cubicle monkey and in the presence of a legend. https://canadaehx.com/2022/02/05/sir-william-stephenson/
  23. Ol' Ken

My buddy and I had an easy/relaxed 9 holes yesterday using my gas cart. We had more fun laughing at each other than........ Said he got in the mid 50s and I hit 51. My buddy is 83. Still swinging easy only 125 yard carry with the 5 iron. 18 puts for 9 holes just about normal for me. Fairway...
Back
Top Bottom