Search results

1. jefe vt

NHT M-100 speakers.

Thanks for the reply. They do sound fantastic, but they are kinda big and bulky, not very pretty. (been kicked out of the living room) I paid 80.00 for em', so I guess for now they will continue to live in storage.
  2. jefe vt

NHT M-100 speakers.

I have a pair of NHT m-100 speakers in good shape. Not mint, but good all around. Any idea what these might be worth. I've always wanted to know.
  3. jefe vt

What US News Says You "Shouldn't Buy"!

If you think about it, the majority of used speakers out there are total crap. We all just happen to know what to look for in that CL ad, or could recognize the good from the bad. How many CL ads have you scanned to see something worthwhile? There is mostly junk out there, but thank god for the...
  4. jefe vt

infinity rs3 bookshelf speakers

I'm not sure what they are worth, but I paid 20 for mine, and I got an Onkyo 2 channel receiver thrown in for free.
  5. jefe vt

Sub: mono or stereo?

I run a B&W 600 (10") and a B&W 650 (12"). I keep them both right next to the front channels, but they are running off of the sub outputs from my NAD so both are in mono. I keep the 10" crossed over at about 80 hz, and the 12 at about 55 Hz. I can barely tell where the bass is coming from...
  6. jefe vt

Onkyo vs. Denon receiver

I switched from an Onkyo tx-603 to a Denon avr 1801, and I found I enjoyed the Denon more. But then I just switched to an NAD T754, and I really like this one, but, alas something else will come along, and I will probably like that one more too. Listen to both of them, and you decide.
  7. jefe vt

What do you use to show off your Home Theater

I may have missed it, but I don't think I've seen Master and Commander: the far side of the world listed yet. When I want to blow someone away with the HT demo, that disc comes out every time. From the subtle creaking of the ship and the splashing waves, to the full on cannon battle. Gets em...
  8. jefe vt

Paradigm dipole speakers

Dipole speakers are used for surround speakers in an HT setup. Paradigm still makes a dipole speaker, these are the monitor series. http://www.paradigm.com/en/paradigm/surrounds-monitor-adp390-model-4-4-1-21.paradigm
  9. jefe vt

What do you use for computor speakers?

I am currently running a pair of B&W DM 110's with a NAD 7142 for juice.
  10. jefe vt

Do really good new speakers exist?

I always look for the out of date stuff left over in stores. You can usually buy some three year old, but brand new, speakers for about 1/2 the original cost. Just don't get brand specific, and listen to whatever you buy a lot before you buy it. There are plenty of good scores to be had out there.
  11. jefe vt

B&W score.

I just grabbed a pair of B&W DM 110 for a steal. The only issue was the dust cap was coming loose on both speakers. I removed them both as clean as possible, then glued them back in place with some leftover glue I had from a recent refoam. WOW!!:banana::banana: B&W has never disappointed me. I...
  12. jefe vt

Denon Question

Are you connected via optical, coaxial, or analog? I would make sure your connections are tight all the way around. It sounds like you are not getting a good signal to the center channel. I was running almost the same setup and I never had a problem. Also, is this problem occurring in Dolby...
  13. jefe vt

HT Reciever/Power Amp/Preout question

I was doing something very similar, using a Denon receiver, and an Adcom 100 x 2 for the front channels. I made the switch yesterday to an NAD t754 receiver, that I picked up for a song. The NAD is rated at 70 wpc, and it blows away my old setup. The added power is nice for the rears, and...
  14. jefe vt

MOST holographic speakers?

I had the pleasure of listening to a pair of B&W 800 diamonds. Pretty magical speaker in my opinion.
  15. jefe vt

Speaker match with Paradigm center

I am running the cc 370, monitor 7 fronts, mini monitor rears, B&W 10" and 12" subs, and I love the sound. From what I'm told, the tweeters are the important match ups, and all of the monitor series are running the same tweets.
  16. jefe vt

Keeping Speakers in an Outdoor covered area?

I got a pair of frankenspeakers at a yard sale for 2$. They have Mirage tweets in em and sound decent enough for the back yard, and at 2$, whatever happens to em, I don't really care. I agree with deaner, don't put anything out there that you would mind losing.:nono:
  17. jefe vt

What causes dimpled tweeters?

:scratch2: I'm not sure what will do the trick for those B&W tweets, I have used a vacuum, and tape before, but never on aluminum. That has to be one of the saddest things I've seen lately, and I watch the news every day.:tears:
  18. jefe vt

Tired of "good deals"

I love reading about others scores, and I post mine as well, cause most of the things I score, I know nothing about. I have found this place great for finding out exactly what it is I just paid ***$ for. I have also seen some speakers I would not have purchased without the advice of others on...
  19. jefe vt

Paradigm Mini Monitors

That sub should do some damage as well, I went with B&W instead of paradigm, but many tell me the Paradigm subs are the real deal. I have a new set of the mini-monitors, and I love them. They are the rear channel in my HT setup for now, but when I get the dipole surrounds, They will be my new...
  20. jefe vt

Two subwoofers or one

I recommend two powerhouse subs. I run one 10" B&W, and one 12" B&W. I didn't think I would need the second until I heard the difference. Now both can run a little quieter and give a much bigger sound all together. I prefer a sealed sub vs a vented enclosure. Much tighter and quicker, with a...
  21. jefe vt

world's biggest sub?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.passdiy.com/images/projects/el-pipe-o-f11.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D32613&usg=__iGuHH9tPe82pvbRuCbk-CsFVRPM=&h=400&w=300&sz=14&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=mTd5El2gxep5bM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3De...
  22. jefe vt

Unknown Mirage Speakers

Nice, thanks for the info. I thought they were a little fishy, but the build quality on the cabs is fantastic. These things weight a ton. Like I said, they are gonna live in my backyard, so I'm not too attached to em or anything. Thanks for the info. Now I might have to go find some more mirage...
  23. jefe vt

My new subwoofers

I can tell you by sitting in my friends honda civic for about 10 minutes to long, that those subs are not too great, unless they all look like that. He paid about 50.00 for one sub, and they gave him the second for free (never a good sign). They did not perform very well at all. He had two...
Back
Top Bottom