Search results

1. R

Passing of a Friend...

Thanks so much for all of the posts regarding Rex. I won't be posting under his account anymore and hardly seemed worth is to set up my own just to say thanks (though I always enjoyed visiting AK and probably still will from time to time) . Rex's taste in music was certainly eclectic his son...
  2. R

HSL 9 speakers ?

Anyone know anything about them, made in the 70's . There is a set near by for $80.00
  3. R

Man acquitted in sex assault because he was asleep

I can't hardly put a condom on when I"m awake, how can you do it when your asleep?
  4. R

If you could afford it, would you...

IF------- I would buy an old 50 room motel and equip all the rooms with a different vintage system of amps, pre amps, recievers, turntables, speakers, exc. then fly all the members from Audiokarma there and after a month of switching components we could all agree on the best sounding...
  5. R

Guys I need you help. Please. $1650 electronics...

Get all the watts you can, just don't turn the volume up ! go for the the Kenwood KA 9100. you will like it!
  6. R

You have to see this...

How many 12 packs would it take before someone decided to do that to a pair of speakers ?
  7. R

What audio toys do you hope Santa to bring

Inspiribomb, when you turn all that Kenwood gear on do your lights dim ?
  8. R

Thursday Tunes

On the Road to Freedom, Alvin Lee and Mylon Lefevre. First time I have played this lp in 20 years. Sure sounds good! With George Harrison, Steve Windwood, Jim Capaldi, Rebob, Ron Wood, Boz Burrel and Mick Fleetwood !
  9. R

Dogg Digital speakers.....a review by yours truly

I can measure the inducance, capacitance, and dcr of the crossovers if some one wants to send the cap. and inductor. but can't test the t-s parameters of the speakers.
  10. R

Long Time, so see! (and theft alert)

Mike, if your town is small drive around some evening and listen for loud music. thats how I found my stuff once. I just walked up to there door, looked in and there it was setting on the floor of there living room all hooked up cranking rap! went back home , got the serial numbers and called...
  11. R

speaker building/ electronics books???

There are some fine sounding kits for $300 + or - and you build the boxes. Parts Express, Madisound, GR Research, Zaph Audio, exc. I have a friend who has the Madisound Sledgings and later added two sub woofers with plate amps. Sounds real nice !
  12. R

Does all hifi have a generic fault, or am I going MAD???!!!!

Oops, posted to soon. any way I can't hear for sh## on my left side.
  13. R

Does all hifi have a generic fault, or am I going MAD???!!!!

Same thing here, then I had my hearing tested. guess what ? 6000 kh is a waste
  14. R

Speaker building 201 is said to be good also, but I have not read it and I think there is a second book Speaker Building 202 ? don't be afraid to try a kit package or use a proven design your first time ! Good luck
  15. R

The loudspeaker design cookbook by Vance Dickason would be a good start. also this site sure is usefull if your going to do diy speakers pvconsultants.com/audio/frdgroup.htm
  16. R

Wednesday Tunes

Fiddles and Forests, The Scots/Irish music of the Missouri ozarks.
  17. R

Time for new speakers, advice please!

How about the gr research a/v-2 with 2 drake subs from parts express ?
  18. R

Time for new speakers, advice please!

Speakers are like women, hard to tell what someone else likes about them. For $1200 how about diy ? I think you can get a lot more sound for the money.
  19. R

Back from DJ Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thor, how many coondogs did they have behind the trailer ?
  20. R

Smaller Advents, $30

I just recapped a pair of small advents and they do sound good. If anyone finds a set that are beyond repair for some reason keep the drivers, the bass drivers and two plate amps make a good set of subs for smaller speakers.
  21. R

Cheap insurance for Vintage Stuff - Double up

I have to agree with hpsenicka that sometimes a overhaul can make an older amp sound great. but I still have spares stuck in closets all over the house.
  22. R

Kenwood KA 6100

Jim, if you don't like it send it my way. then I would have all the Kenwood amps made that year ! and if you want to hear something special pick up a 9100 and have it recapped.
  23. R

Why does silver wire sound different?

What about the leads on the caps and inductors in the x-o of the speaker ? some of them are verrrrrry small.
  24. R

KA-7100 / Altec / tube listening adventures

I have convinced myself that my SS amps sound better after they warm up for 20 or 30 minutes, glad someone else noticed it too. Of all the kenwood amps I own ( 600 - 9100 - 7300 - 7100 - 5600 - exc. ) the 7100 seems to be the brightest on the top end, not harsh - just brighter then the rest of...
  25. R

Hello everyone

Yeah, and don"t be afraid to say something stupid. I need all the help I can get to make me look better around here.
Back
Top Bottom