Search results

1. HokieVT

Luxman owners...

Luxman R-113 that I got for free. It's still having issues and needs a good cleaning so I am using a Kenwood KA-75 in its place.
  2. HokieVT

SO....did you get the New Year off to a good start ?

Partied with friends in my hometown. Dinner on NYE, blew right through old people midnight and did the real thing. NY Day we had traditional foods(collards, black-eyed peas) and I came back to the hills the next day. I contributed ten bottles of wine and came home with two. They rolled through...
  3. HokieVT

local weed growing discussions

We can grow legally in Virginia. I converted my crop to oil and use it topically for arthritis. I wasn't sure it was working until I left the state and couldn't travel with it. The pain came back after a few days away.
  4. HokieVT

Onkyo TX-4500 Mk II left channel out, opinions?

Dumb question: I have a Marantz with the right channel out and it is out all over. Speakers and headphones. Could that be related to a fuse or relay or does that just relate to the speakers?
  5. HokieVT

JBL 127H 10” woofers, What systems use them?

I have a pair of L50's (gift) with a blown woofer. I replaced the surrounds but the owner thought his son had played them with the busted surrounds. What's a good replacement?
  6. HokieVT

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

KA-75 by HokieVT posted Feb 8, 2022 at 2:16 PM Son brought it home from college. He said it didn't work. I cleaned it. It works very well
  7. KA-75

KA-75

8. HokieVT

Best Kenwood integrated amplifier KA- series ?

KA-75. Son brought it home from college where it had been abandoned. He stated the right channel doesn't work. I cleaned it and it sounds pretty good.
  9. HokieVT

JBL L50? How good of a deal did I get?

I have a pair of L50's that I refoamed but alas one woofer is still warbly. I may just replace it with an OEM. How is the base in those subs? :)
  10. HokieVT

Luxman R-113 -- looking for advice...

My son bought one at a yard sale. It said "left channel out". A little Deoxit fixed it. Now listening to John Williams Greatest Hits through it.
  11. HokieVT

Mixing 2 ohm and 4 ohm speakers

I have a 2009 Acura RDX with 2 bad speakers. I am replacing one of the fronts but the speakers are cheap. Really Acura? I was debating replacing the rears, one of which is bad, with after market speakers. But the Acura speakers are 2 ohm and any speaker i buy will most likely be 4 Ohm. I don't...
  12. HokieVT

Sansui SP2500 speakers

I found a pair here for $50. I may get them for my daughter's house just for the looks.
  13. HokieVT

Bad woofer in a JBL L-50

I'll check the spider. Thanks. So, I removed some of the old foam and manipulated the spider to see if there was separation from the cone. I didn't see any separation so I plugged everything back in and fired it up. It sounds a lot better now. I think I need to work a little more on the foam...
  14. HokieVT

Bad woofer in a JBL L-50

The difference between the two woofers is that the bad one had more "play" in it. The good woofer was tight and had a solid up and down motion. The bad woofer was more loose. I thought the refoam job would tighten it up but that wasn't the issue. I'll check the voice coil. I just wasn't sure if...
  15. HokieVT

Bad woofer in a JBL L-50

I was refoaming a pair of JBL 127H woofers. The first one went fine. The second one worried me because the cone "rattled", as if it was loose. I fired up the speakers and the "rattler" had screwed up sound. This is a project for my daughter, the art major, who likes the JBL's strictly for the...
  16. HokieVT

List your Klipsch speakers

Kg-4
  17. HokieVT

Found. Sansui DA-S85OU speakers

They are OK at best. All I needed was loud anyway. $20 is the top I would pay
  18. HokieVT

ADC cd 100X ( 1985 NEVER SOUNDED SO GOOD!!)

I have an ADC CD player that I bought at Bests or Swendles back in 1987 that I use in the garage until I can get that Sony CDP-50 working. Most of the time, I just use an old DVD player.
  19. HokieVT

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

"I missed the Porche 911 for $100 by 15 minutes! " Best urban legend ever
  20. HokieVT

ADC cd 100X ( 1985 NEVER SOUNDED SO GOOD!!)

I always thought ADC = BSR
  21. HokieVT

Questions about JBL 630 T speakers

I just saw a pair on CL for $40
  22. HokieVT

Dead KG-4

Switched sides on the receiver...no go Changed out wire....no go Opened up at the bindings....everything looked good Re-did the connections from receiver to speaker.....success When I rewired, I must have kludged the wire connection on the amp. Note: Capacitor looked good on the crossover. No...
  23. HokieVT

Dead KG-4

I have a KG-4 that will not respond at all. Does it have an internal fuse?
  24. HokieVT

todays technics traffic jam score!!!

I used to have a pair of these. They worked great as a TV sound system. Musically, they were OK. The louder, the better.
  25. HokieVT

Vintage speakers to go with my Yamaha CR2020

Avid 103's
Back
Top Bottom