Search results

1. B

1980 FM tuner dead

The below is from a Sherwood S2300 broken slug repair: Working on T3 we tried the alignment tools, then the steel metal tools, then WD40, then baby powder, then PB blaster, hair dryer and finally the jewelers screwdriver between the slug and outer coil. Now it really is time for the reverse L...
  2. B

Rebuilding/Upgrading the 2000x

The below is from a Sherwood S2300 broken slug repair: Working on T3 we tried the alignment tools, then the steel metal tools, then WD40, then baby powder, then PB blaster, hair dryer and finally the jewelers screwdriver between the slug and outer coil. Now it really is time for the reverse L...
  3. B

Marantz 150 tuner ferrite slugs

4. B

Where can I find a am IF transformer for a 490-T.part number ZZ2984?

5. B

Where can I find a am IF transformer for a 490-T.part number ZZ2984?

6. B

Sansui 210 Receiver Alignment

7. B

MX113 problem in FM stereo mode

8. B

Rebuilding/Upgrading the 2000x

9. B

Marantz 150 tuner ferrite slugs

So the below is from a Sherwood S2300 with a broken slug: Working on T3 we tried the alignment tools, then the steel metal tools, then WD40, then baby powder, then PB blaster, hair dryer and finally the jewelers screwdriver between the slug and outer coil. Now it really is time for the reverse L...
  10. B

Yaggi antenna not that great ...whats the problem??

Aint that the truth, just replace everything and it will work!
  11. B

Sounds real good with the Accuphase T109V on classical and jazz!
  12. B

Retrospectively the main conductor failed that carries the signal. With a Fluke multimeter this copper conductor measured infinity!
  13. B

Aha the antenna finally failed and the only thing that was not replaced was the 100 ft. RG6 coaxial line which was 18 years old. Everything comes in just fine now. Very very happy now!
  14. B

At-home FM transmitter for personal use --anyone try it?

5 watts and a good antenna goes 6 miles but I would not dare to transmit more than 15 minutes since the FCC knew the guy who sold me electronics surplus material. Plus the signal had 60 cycle hum, but it was fun for 15 minutes
  15. B

7 Tuners worth help please?

I went to my cross the street neighbors to play about 3 times a week. Never went back to listening to mono. Back then fm/am was common, and stereo was a very very big deal.
  16. B

Getting the Most From Fisher FM Stereo MPX Tuners and Receivers

Th Thank you very much Dave! This is exactly what I needed, rather than fooling around with antennas, antenna amplifiers, RF alignments, IF alignments, RF tubes, IF tubes, MPX tubes, etc. Stereo is where it is at and just about everything I want is now in stereo! Hallelujah!
  17. B

Infinity & Pro Power.

Yes you have to be careful with the 400 watts, but the IRS beta woofer are 4 per channel so that is only 100 watts per woofer. I just adjusted the woofers to be less prominent favoring the higher frequencies above 100 Hz and I think it sounds great. However will have to wait until the fall for...
  18. B

Infinity & Pro Power.

I am using a Crown 800 to power the Infinity Beta woofers.
  19. B

Intermezzo 2.6 without power on one?

Well I lucked into a 3 pack of Infinity Intermezzo 3.5c amps that work and were tested. A few hours to transplant the amp into the Intermezzo 2.6, and by the way the amps are identical, and now we have a speaker that sings once again! It only took a little more than 3 years!
  20. B

I am also trying to get WDCB but live much closer to it. I am using a Fisher 800c. I have a 4 element yagi at about 25 feet. After calculating the inverse tangent to be 60.9 degrees from the local road 20 feet away and aiming the antenna like a sniper, I finally was able to get good reception in...
  21. B

Starting a Fisher 800C Recap/Refurb

The above failed to get the jazz station so I analyzed the transmitter coordinates and aimed the antenna as best I could at 60.9 degrees in relationship to a known road about 50 feet from the antenna and voila, reliable stereo for WDCB, 90.9, despite the drought conditions.
  22. B

Starting a Fisher 800C Recap/Refurb

So I do not know where to put this since it is 8 years after the original post. I have a Fisher 800c also. And I could not for the life of me get WDCB, 90.9, the local chicago jazz station in stereo. All the other tuners in the house not wired to the 4 element yagi could get the station. So I...
  23. B

Another 800C Story

likely related to the drought conditions as when it rains all is well but still signal strength is 3.5, but the big four are in stereo.
  24. B

Another 800C Story

Signal strength is still limited to 3.5 but we get stereo on the big 3. The big 3 are the stations I want to listen.
Back
Top Bottom