Search results

1. TerryO

Seattle DIY show - Sept. 9, 2023

I'm bringing my 3 way 0pen Baffle Speakers* as well as a Tube Preamp and SS Amplifier. *(Note: The speaker features an open baffle C0-Axial Tweeter/ Midrange driver with a series crossover and an 18 inch woofer in an "H-Frame Baffle")
  2. TerryO

Hi Tom, I'm still waiting for you to return to the Seattle area so we can get together. That 2...

Hi Tom, I'm still waiting for you to return to the Seattle area so we can get together. That 2 week trip back to Chicago seems like 3+ years!
  3. TerryO

Dynaco a25 with 5.5 and 8 wpc valve amps?

I think there is some faulty logic being used here. The original question involved the use of Dynaco A-25 speakers with 5.5 and 8 watt amps. First the Dynaco a-25 speakers were designed with tube amps in mind and while they are not real efficient speakers, they have a very smooth impedance...
  4. TerryO

Did you go to the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival?

No, I wasn't there because I was serving my Country and had just gotten done with serving in Viet Nam and then Korea and was then sent to Europe...
  5. TerryO

Ok, how about some more fun...Who here has met any famous music people?

My wife was in Sunday School with KennyG. I was friends with guitarist Bob Perry before he quit being a band member and went on to become one of the World's Most Famous Boat Designers.
  6. TerryO

Happy Birthday TerryO!

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to wish me a happy birthday. It was an unexpected and totally wonderful surprise!
  7. TerryO

Hi Tom, I just noticed that you're listed as living in Kent , Washington. The last I remember...

Hi Tom, I just noticed that you're listed as living in Kent , Washington. The last I remember is that you had moved to Florida. So anyway, welcome to Washington State, whenever you got here! Tom, drop a email to me if you are able to : CornyGuy@aol.com.
  8. TerryO

Klipshorn- Legit or DIY?

I bought plans, crossover and drivers for the K-Horns from Speaker Lab in Seattle in 1975. The plans had several slight differences from genuine Klipsch Korner Horns although the functional guide-path were dimentionally the same. I bought the mid-range horn from Speaker Lab, which were very...
  9. TerryO

What is the Bottleneck in my System?

The Dynaco A-25's were an excellent match with tube amplifiers which they were designed to be mated with. The impedance of the A-25 is just about a perfect match to bring out the best in tube gear. Twenty watts should really deliver the goods.
  10. TerryO

DIY Tube Phonostage

Hi John, the EAR 834...isn't that what Renan usually runs in the DIY Club's system? BTW, he started his pre-amp search again!
  11. TerryO

Tuners?

Thanks Mamrak!
  12. TerryO

From tubes to solid state--your experiences?

I like both Tubes and Solid State for all the normally stated reasons. I use a (self designed) SS V-FET Unity Gain Transformer-Coupled Line stage with my SS Chip-amp. However my Pride and Joy set up is using an Aikido Pre-Amp with 6BL7 and 6SU7 tubes with a remote PS and a Hi-Bred Amplifier...
  13. TerryO

Tuners?

At the monthly meeting of the Pacific Northwest Audio Society I bid (and won) a Denon FM Tuner (TU-850) for $40. I haven't powered it up yet, so I'm not entirely sure that it works. Has anyone here have any knowledge about this model? Thanks in advance, TerryO
  14. TerryO

Bespoked turntable for Watt

Looks pretty good to me! :jump:
  15. TerryO

Good evening Mr. Olson. Nice weather for a stroll along the edges of the Ice Caps isn't it!

Good evening Mr. Olson. Nice weather for a stroll along the edges of the Ice Caps isn't it!
  16. TerryO

Age and your satisfaction with your Main Rig

I've been busy building gear the last several years since I retired. My Junk / Listening Room isn't really set up in any fitting manner. I started in Hi-Fi in 1975 building my first set-up and will turn 71 this next Summer. I have belonged to the Pacific Northwest Audio Society since 1979/80...
  17. TerryO

some of my DIY

With "The Puget Sound! DIY Speaker Contest" coming up late this Summer, Dave will be busy getting an entry (or two?) ready as well as helping me with the preparations. I'm fortunate to have Dave as a Friend, as most decent people don't want to be associated with any Norwegian Square-heads!
  18. TerryO

"The Puget Sound!" DIY Speaker Contest for 2016

The Judges have been selected for the Speaker Contest Listening Panel. Renan Jeffereis, Gary Dahl and Mike Lavigne have all volunteered to judge the Speakers entered this year. All have served with distinction as Judges in prior Contests and have excellent listening skills. They will be working...
  19. TerryO

The contest will be held at the Mercer Island Congregational Church, 4545 Island Crest Way, Mercer Island, WA Doors open at 9:00 a.m., and judging begins between 9:30 and 10:00 a.m.. We may be flexible on start time if a contestant is traveling some distance and may be arriving later than the...
  20. TerryO

"The Puget Sound!" DIY Speaker Contest for 2016 I'm pleased to announce that The Pacific Northwest Audio Society ("PNWAS" or "the Club") will once again be sponsoring "The Puget Sound!" DIY Speaker Contest this year, on Mercer Island....Yes, Mercer Island !!! The Contest is scheduled for...
  21. TerryO

How many Watts are your main amps?

Currently...Bad Pun isn't it! My system changes whenever I think about it, but lately it tends to alternate between a primarily SS and a mainly tube system. The SS system consists of a Chip Amp designed by Kevin Haskins and a SS Linestage designed by myself. This System's Amp puts out ~70...
  22. TerryO

Puget Sound DIY Meet--August 29th

Just to round it out, here's a picture of an OPPO Deck driving my amp. The amp uses a 45 SET as a driver for the SE Solid State Output Stage. The math indicates it puts out somewhere in the area of 17 or 18 watts. Rene Jaeger and I have had many conversations about amplifiers and he knew that I...
  23. TerryO

Another picture of the "Lethal Voltage Tabletop System". Rene's amp, Terry's Pre & Headphone amp and an OPPO player (Rene's I believe)
  24. TerryO

These are Jay Hope's speakers and they sound quite nice. Dave Rosgaard designed the crossover and Jay certainly likes the sound. He is upgrading the individual components in the Crossover (especially the Inductors). In back of them are a pair of Speaker Guru John Nail's latest efforts. John had...
  25. TerryO

These are Dana Olson's speakers! The "Ball" on top is the home of the Mid/Treble sound. Every driver on that Ball is connected to it's very own tuned and critically damped Transmission Line! The lower Mid/woofers are also in individual enclosures. I personally liked them quite a bit!
Back
Top Bottom