Search results

1. TerryO

"The Puget Sound!" DIY Speaker Contest for 2016

"The Puget Sound!" DIY Speaker Contest for 2016 I'm pleased to announce that The Pacific Northwest Audio Society ("PNWAS" or "the Club") will once again be sponsoring "The Puget Sound!" DIY Speaker Contest this year, on Mercer Island....Yes, Mercer Island !!! The Contest is scheduled for...
  2. TerryO

Puget Sound DIY Meet--August 29th

The Puget Sound DIY Get-Together August 29th, 2015 starting at 10am - on Mercer Island This is not a contest as such, but rather a "run what ya brung" meet, that is open to all interested parties that would like to display, view or listen to DIY Audio equipment. The event will be held at...
  3. TerryO

"The Puget Sound!" DIY Speaker Contest for 2014

I'm pleased to announch that The Pacific Northwest Audio Society ("PNWAS" or "the Club") will once again be sponsoring "The Puget Sound!" DIY Speaker Contest this year. The Contest is scheduled for Saturday, August 23, 2014 with the doors opening for entries at about 9:00 AM and the general...
  4. TerryO

Distributed Bass article

I just noticed that Jeff Poth has written an article about Dristributed Bass in the August issue of Enjoy The Music On-line Magazine. http://www.enjoythemusic.com/diy/0812/distributed_bass.htm :thmbsp: Best Regards, TerryO
  5. TerryO

"The Puget Sound! DIY Speaker Contest" 2012

"The Puget Sound! DIY Speaker Contest" is once again being sponsored by the Pacific Northwest Audio Society (PNWAS) and will be held on Saturday, September 8, 2012. In the coming days and weeks, I'll be posting information as to location, rules and how to enter. The event is free for attendees...
  6. TerryO

ATTN: Former Bass List Members: Bob Stout's passing

I just read on the PE Forum a posting from yesterday announcing that Bob Stout (former moderator of the "Bass List") passed away in February. I had hoped it wasn't true after the previous false posting a few years ago. However, I suspect that it's true, as I saw that someone else had posted the...
  7. TerryO

Dr. Feickert's Adjust Plus 7" test record

Last night I placed first in our Audio Club's Christmas Music competition (Most Humorous) and I was allowed to select whatever I wanted from the table. I chose the Dr. Feickert Adjust Plus test record. One of the members was demo'ing his copy on the Club's TT and it seems like a worthwhile tool...
  8. TerryO

Seattle DIY Meet August 27th

I'd like to announce that the Pacific Northwest Audio Society will be holding it's semi-annual DIY meet on Saturday, August 27th at the Church on Mercer Island. I'll be adding additional details as I get the information, but if you have a special audio project that you're working on, this may...
  9. TerryO

June 9th PNW area enAble/ driver mods demo

Ooopps Double posting, but the date (June 9th) is correct. Here's the thread with all the info, please note that I had posted the wrong date initially: http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=368238 Sorry, TerryO
  10. TerryO

Another PNW meet (June 12th): enAbl & driver mods

Hi, For all you DIY types in the SeaTac area, the Pacific Northwest Audio Society will be hosting Bud Purvine, the inventor of the enABL treatment, at the June 9th (Thursday) meeting. Edit: Please note that the Ninth is the correct date! Bud will be doing an A/B demo of treated and untreated...
  11. TerryO

PNW Area-May 12th Bottlehead Demo

Hi All, Next Thursday evening (May 12th) the Pacific Northwest Audio Society will be hosting Doc Bottlehead, who will be demonstrating some of his tube gear, using his R2R tape deck and master tapes from The Tape Project! He has indicated to me that he "may" be bringing his 300B amps and...
  12. TerryO

PNW audiophiles: Is digital ready for Prime Time?

Anyone interested in listening comparisons of LP's and digital playback may want to attend the PNWAS's next meeting on Feb. 10th on Mercer Island, WA (about 4 miles East of Seattle). Here's the address: Mercer Island Congregational Church (in the basement) 4545 Island Crest Way Mercer...
  13. TerryO

Win Labs SCD10 turntable?-seeking information

I was given a Win Labs TT this evening and it may be the SCD10 model. It's a thick clear Lucite upper and lower platform with a spring suspension. The arm wand and cartridge are missing along with the outboard powersupply and speed contol unit. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in...
  14. TerryO

ATTN: Greater Seattle Area Speaker Builders

Hi All, For anyone in the greater Seattle area, or those willing to drive a bit further, The Pacific Northwest Audio Society (PNWAS) is having their monthy meeting on Thursday, January 13th, 2011. What may be of interest to those who missed "The Puget Sound! DIY Speaker Contest", or would...
  15. TerryO

The Vancouver Island diyFest 2010

For those in other parts of the World that were unable to attend, here's some on-going commentary on this last weekend's Vancouver Island diyFest 2010, held on the far side of the Stargate to Planet 10. I might add that I personally had a great time (again) and all the diy stuff was really cool...
  16. TerryO

"The Puget Sound!" DIY Speaker Contest 2010

"The Puget Sound! DIY Speaker Contest" is once again being sponsored by the Pacific Northwest Audio Society (PNWAS) and will be held on Saturday, August 28th. In the coming days and weeks, I'll be posting information as to location, rules and how to enter. The event is free for attendees...
  17. TerryO

OT: Organic Appliance Repair

Earlier today I was confronted by perhaps the most daunting challenge ever faced by mortal man. My sweet and ever lovin' wife ("Evil Annie"), hinted that the oven light wasn't working and probably needed replacement. It seems that nothing, other than children, is more central to a woman's...
  18. TerryO

Transferring Lps to Digital Format (PNW)

The official blurb from PNWAS states: "How-to-set-up turntables and archiving LP's to digital files. When done right, the digital copy can sound amazing." For those who are interested, the Pacific Northwest Audio Society's next meeting is concerned with converting Lps to digital format. In...
  19. TerryO

Mercer Island DIY Meet

Hi Everyone, I'd like to announce that the Pacific Northwest Audio Society is sponsoring a DIY Meet to be held on Saturday, September 26, 2009 at the Church on Mercer Island, WA (about 6 miles east of Seattle). The "Club" will have a system, or two, set up in order that whatever you bring can...
Back
Top Bottom