Search results

1. lordxale

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Haha I figured it was a long shot, but then again what are the chances that two of those were at GWs remotely in the same region on the same weekend? Not to mention they were in excellent condition and, I dunno about yours, but the one here even had the remote and the manual. He had to be taking...
  2. lordxale

I'm coming off of a long streak of lurking just for this! I, too, ran in to a minty CLD-D704 at a GW near me on Saturday. Was that you? I couldn't really believe you didn't know what a Laserdisc was :D. I think they were doing a customer appreciation thing, which probably would have taken it...
  3. lordxale

SA-7100 weak channel

Work, work, work. Then, life. Then, working on my fun projects like this one. I got myself caught up in building an entertainment center/TV stand designed after http://wardsweb.org/audio/rack.html that I found on here. I'll probably post a thread with pics of it when it's done; among all my...
  4. lordxale

SA-7100 weak channel

bummer... Okay, so I did buy some proper Deoxit Gold and Faderlube for the SA-7100. Well, I tried it out and still no dice. Then it dawned on me that the amp has a set of preamp out/main in connectors; so I used the preamp outs on my Marantz HT receiver to go to the amp input of the...
  5. lordxale

SA-7100 weak channel

Guitar Center! Can't believe I didn't think of that. I'll actually be passing pretty close to the Naperville/Aurora location on Sunday so I'll probably snag it then; looks like both Deoxit and Progold are regularly stocked items. I'll post (hopefully good results) after that! Thanks!
  6. lordxale

SA-7100 weak channel

Thanks, Mark; I kind of thought I should probably try the real thing first. I have to find a good place to find it locally; RS doesn't sell Faderlube, just a Deoxit and ProGold pack. I'll have to call my local Menards (damn their not having an online catalog)...nobody else I can think of off...
  7. lordxale

SA-7100 weak channel

I picked up a Pioneer SA-7100 amplifier for a whole $5 at a garage sale about a week ago. It was pretty dirty, but all the metal parts seem to have cleaned up well and the wood sides/top aren't in totally un-serviceable shape. All (two) lights work, too. I noticed right away after cleaning it...
  8. lordxale

Pinnacle PN-6 (not PN-6+)

long hiatus... Well, I didn't forget about the thread or the speakers, I've just been really busy. Finally got them refoamed with the FSK-6 kit from Simply Speakers (http://www.simplyspeakers.com) and they're pounding away again! I was able to center them well enough without shimming them...
  9. lordxale

I must have been struck by a bolt of stupid yesterday; they ARE the PN-6 + (the + is small and only one of them actually has the sticker on the back) I found a brochure for the PN-Series on Pinnacle's website, but it doesn't include the models have in your pic (must be an older line?) See...
  10. lordxale

It's been a loooooooooong time since I posted. I didn't fall out of the hobby, though, just not a whole lot of interesting finds or experiences to speak of...until today. I picked up a pair of Pinnacle PN-6 bookshelf speakers from a local thrift for so close to nothing I couldn't pass them...
  11. lordxale

I have two relatively recent good ones from the same local GW: Pioneer CT-W606DR tape deck - still in production! Looks and sounds brand spankin' new aside from missing the snap-on plastic Pioneer logo in the corner (wonder what happened to it?). $4.99 Harman Kardon 330i stereo receiver...
  12. lordxale

Lucky! A lot of people (mostly rightfully so) don't think too highly of Sansui's speakers. That said, I dig my 3500s, and the price was right for mine, too! The grilles are screwed on, there should be a screw in each corner one or two lattice (squares? diamonds? whatever) from the top and...
  13. lordxale

Looking for FLAC and MP3 portable player recommendations

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'd like a CD receiver that would play FLAC off of CDs ...Not in my current truck, though. I drive a '94 S10 Blazer 4dr with 154k miles. It's quite the noisy ride, so, as others have said, most of the details would be lost in the drone of the road noise. I...
  14. lordxale

Having trouble pulling up treads that have a lot of posts

I've noticed searches doing the white screen/says done at the bottom thing lately, too. Over the last few weeks, I'd say...I don't search a ton, but it seems like it happens to me quite a bit. ...Except I'm running Kubuntu 8.04, Firefox 3 Beta 5. Seems as though that means it's not IE or...
  15. lordxale

Video games/computers have come a long way,yes?

Asteroids WAS the ultimate video game for me! As a little kid, my parents had (still have...I'll get to that later...) the original (1979?) stand-up game in the house. I might be too young to appreciate it from when it was cutting edge, but when you're a little kid, you don't cutting edge from...
  16. lordxale

Garage Sale Scores for the Day

Absolutely nothing this weekend. 32 advertised sales in my parents' relatively little town of 16k residents and not one piece of audio gear did I spy, much less something worth buying. It was raining off and on before about 7am but one look at the radar and it was obvious it wasn't going to...
  17. lordxale

Audiokarma’s 6th Anniversary Contest

I'm IN!
  18. lordxale

dulcimerlex's new stereo

I experienced this phenomenon today, actually. TWO pairs of speakers, both that I didn't expect to sound so hot on my dad's receiver (Technics SA-GX350 I think ... early 90's first-gen Pro-Logic, "New Class A"), really impressed me. And that was with crappy 18awg wire over 15-20 ft runs. The...
  19. lordxale

Video games/computers have come a long way,yes?

Certainly; as long as PC games are still alive and well, we PC gamers will always have the fanciest, shiniest, most stunning graphics of the time. Unfortunately, I haven't had a "current" graphics card in the last 4 years or so, and my current one is an NVidia 6800GS. It's not bad by a long...
  20. lordxale

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

The only speakers I have that I'll never sell aren't really worth anything. They're Pioneer CS-R571s...the R probably stands for "rack" as in the BPC rack system they came with. I bought them as a sophomore in high school from my then (and still) best buddy. The was selling his stereo because...
  21. lordxale

Thanks for da speakers! I think after this foray, I'm done buying speakers for awhile, too...

Thanks for da speakers! I think after this foray, I'm done buying speakers for awhile, too. Then again, I said that last time. The Marantz have definitely found a good home and the Sansuis will probably be thoroughly enjoyed by my dad...early father's day present, if Mom approves of them...
  22. lordxale

$15 Radio Shack Amp that kicks - the Accurian

I had an interview Monday in Naperville and before I went I checked online and the Downer's Grove RS reported that they had some in stock - the only one around that still did. I got out of my interview, went over there, some idiot kid asks me what I want and I'm like I'm looking for the...
  23. lordxale

Should I buy this Soundcard?

For sound cards, Creative of all types (even X-Fi) are not highly regarded by "audiophiles". After hearing other brands, I haven't been impressed with them either. Then again, most of what I listen to on a computer is compressed mp3 so how good can it really get? I definitely don't recomend an...
  24. lordxale

Which speakers did you regret letting go and bought again?

Sony SS-MB350H. Traded them to a friend about a year ago for a silver Sony DVD player of about the same age. No, nevermind, not going to miss those. I use the DVD player all the time, though!
  25. lordxale

Braun LV1020 3-way powered monitors!

Holy crap, Glen Ellyn is literally right out my back door. Seriously, if I make a left out of the back entrance of my apartment building, the Glen Ellyn welcome sign is the first thing you see. Too bad my college graduating self is still broke, broke, broke!
Back
Top Bottom