Search results

1. nascar03

Acoustic Research AR94S restoration

Glad to see this discussion. I recently did some audio work for a friend/friend and they offered me a pair of AR94R for free. I dropped the sock and stared at the rotten surrounds… So out came the drivers from the cabinet, then the tools, scrapers & small chisels. But the best was a small 1”...
  2. nascar03

RIP Rick Craig. Selah Audio

RIP Rick Craig of SELAH audio… I just read on some other forums of the passing of Rick Craig on Sunday, Aug 22/2021 So sad to hear of this news. My son-in-law built a few of Rick’s designs, Symetrica, etc. Mainly line-array designs. He was a very knowledgeable fellow always willing to help and...
  3. nascar03

How to wind tape even?

I have a STUDER A-810, 4-speed model. So if I need to store some tapes in played-mode I use the 30ips speed. graham
  4. nascar03

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Some of the latest toy projects. STUDER A810 in rack, 3 x A807s and an AKAI GX-400D 4-channel. Thanx for looking
  5. nascar03

what was the last year that Pre recorded reel tapes

I do not know how it was made into stereo... No hints in the write-ups on the back. It just says DECCA STEREO TAPE on the front. Graham
  6. nascar03

what was the last year that Pre recorded reel tapes

I just found Louis Armstrong’s. SATCHMO’s Golden Favorites on DECCA @ 7 1/2”.. 1961. On the weekend...at a highway antique stand. $8. Sounds amazing. Graham
  7. nascar03

Home Depot Turntable Mat

I just got back from the local HD.....the cork mat they had did not have a rubber base..it was rather a molded plastic sub-base with a kind-of bubble bottom...bumps ..or what ever.. it was a probably way thicker than a 1/4”. I left it there. I should have taken a pic. Sorry. Graham
  8. nascar03

Record is cut backwards?

Graham
  9. nascar03

DIY tonearm some folks want to see.......

That is well done.. but it looks like you still might need to put a quarter on the head shell to avoid skipping! G
  10. nascar03

Tascam BR-20 VU lamp replacement

Alan.. Thanx for the note.I may give that a try soon. The other day I was changing cordless phone batteries and realized the connector is almost the same.!! I tried a few brands but SO CLOSE....but no fit. Darn. Graham
  11. nascar03

10.5” reel build

One Bean... Those are great looking. Nice job. Graham
  12. nascar03

Akai Who Has It

I have following AKAI, PS-200C pre-amp PS-120M power amp, big meters. Solid construction. Great gear. I would love to find the matching tuner. Graham
  13. nascar03

What is your favorite 10.5" reel design?

Let me get this straight.. You have afterhours access to a water-jet machine....?!?! I see a couple of reel flanges with a pattern of musical notes.. A couple more cut with your name. ‘OneBean’ Maybe a couple with my name... (PM me when done!) LOL Just thinkin’ out loud. Graham
  14. nascar03

Hi SKYLAB... I’m considering lengthening the wires and soldering direct to the board as suggested. Good idea. But first I thought I would look for the proper connector. Thanx Graham
  15. nascar03

OK.. worst fear realized.... was changing the bulbs in my 3rd deck.. And a broke off the wire to the two-pin connector..!!! AAUURRGGHH! I stripped off 1/8” of the white insulation hoping to maybe re-insert the wire into the connector again. This was not going to work. Darn. I’m thinking...
  16. nascar03

My TEAC A-2300SD recently refurbished... (hadn’t put the wood side panels back on yet.) This is now my GoTo 7” deck. A nice machine. Thanx for looking Graham
  17. nascar03

My SONY TC-377 atop an HK receiver on the bench. Graham
  18. nascar03

Dhnash and phantomrebel... thanx to you both for this frosting attempt.. Great info. Great idea. Graham
  19. nascar03

Re-issues and new albums at 45 rpm?

A few years ago Warner Bros put out a re-release of the METALLICA Black album..as a box-set. 45 RPM. 4 discs. 8 sides. !!! 1 or 2 songs/side. It’s sounds really good... but after a few listens I put it onto 15ips, half track tape. I use the tape for most listening occasions but once in a...
  20. nascar03

Hey PR... Thanx for the thread. It pushed me to fix my deck... I picked-up the bulbs locally as per above. 12V 35ma. Mine is not a BR-20T ..(timecode deck) so maybe it was slightly different. I did not have to pull the front knobs at all. First loosened the two screws retaining the meter...
  21. nascar03

I’m thinking slightly dimmer and draws less current... I’m not an electronics engineer but I did stay in a Holiday Inn once. Graham
  22. nascar03

I wrote a note to the local supplier this afternoon, SMI Electronics here in Langley, BC. Sure enough they had some L25’s in-stock. 12V, 35ma. $1.35/each. !,! I’m going to try these very soon. I didn’t ask about coloured lights. I have 3 BR-20 decks to fix. thanx a bunch.. Graham
  23. nascar03

I’ll have to do some looking for a lamp source in Canada. I checked on the StudioSound site and 6 bulbs are $11.95 but shipping is another $14.00. If anyone knows of a Canadian source please let me know. Graham
  24. nascar03

Hey pr... Thank you for this great write-up.. and the pictures are perfect. Two of my decks need this done. I’ll have to get out a lamp order soon. Thanx again. Graham
  25. nascar03

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

The tape on the BR-20 for the past few weeks has been a 15ips, half-track needle-drop Of Van Morrison’s MOONDANCE. I never get tired of that classic album. I just changed it out for Dire Straits BROTHERS IN ARMS. Graham
Back
Top Bottom