Search results

1. secondslc

Cobblefest MKII - Countryfest!!!

I like this idea. If you need/want me to bring anything, let me know!
  2. secondslc

Marantz Imperial 9 restoration

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204053 I remember you sending me a PM about yours. I forgot to respond...sorry :-( From what I remember, the woofers are 4 ohm wired in series. I don't know if my woofers are original, but they still sound fantastic, and can rip your face...
  3. secondslc

So You Think You Have The Only One

Two Items, A pair of victor FB5 loudspeakers, I just want to know who else has them. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219087 And a rosewood coffee table subwoofer. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218512
  4. secondslc

30 Watts of Class A Bliss - My System Reborn

Thanks aaron for blowing the lid on a well kept secret. A picture of the insides of their 50 watt monoblocks. They run class-a for a few watts, and then go to class-a/b just like the PM series, and esotec series of yesteryear. -Copper plated chassis -Cast aluminum heat sink side...
  5. secondslc

Best classic Marantz turntables

Their top models were the 6300 followed by the less known 6370Q Both were direct drive, both were wood veneered (not vinyl), and both were made by CEC, who is a very well regarded company even today. They are both semi-automatic which means you place the needle, and it stops the platter...
  6. secondslc

PM-94 or 1300DC

I would only get the PM-94 if you plan on keeping it actively cooled or serviced every once in a while. They will cook themselves as they don't have enough air flowing through them. Even at idle, they get too hot to touch. If its not getting too hot to touch, the unit is running at half its...
  7. secondslc

510M Artwork

:scratch2: few is right.
  8. secondslc

What's wrong with 80s Marantz gear?

I always feel compelled to paste what I posted in the marantz forum in regards to the "1980s Marantz is all bad" group While I do love the look and sound of my earlier Marantz gear, the 80s saw some great stuff come out. If you are talking about the crap other companies made with the marantz...
  9. secondslc

Best guys to send in Marantz receivers for a rebuild?

I'd go with Tom over anybody else. The price is pretty average (this stuff aint cheap!) but his attention to detail and knowledge in getting these units back to, or above, their former glory is what makes him stand out.
  10. secondslc

TECHNICS SU-V8X modded Saken finals

It was the flagship receiver that followed the 2600. Not quite the powerhouse the 2600 was, but I think they did the right thing and concentrated on sound quality over raw power. Their first digital tuner, pre-sets, and plenty of power. It has a very sweet sound to it. I don't quite care for...
  11. secondslc

Marantz SR9000G Just wondering if they are quality transistors. Unit is rated at 130 into 8, bench tested at 150 into 8
  12. secondslc

Preparing 40 year old speakers for heavy use in public?

Thats golden....and I really don't want to trash speakers that I spent so much time and money on. Especially a set as rare as those. Any cheap passive PA speakers to look for? I can care less about abusing the denon, as I can fix the thing without issue (Im an electrical engineer). But will...
  13. secondslc

Once a year at most. Maybe an hour or two of use. The heavy use part just means outside, in a crowd of sorts. So they will have to play somewhat loud, and still be audible. There wont be any announcers, unless the ipod thats hooked up to it has a mic.
  14. secondslc

Hi Guys, I volunteered for something before I thought it through... :scratch2: and now I need some advice. I am going to be "donating" the audio setup for an event at the end of June. Its going to be outdoors. They were renting a pair of JBL EON speakers in previous years, and those did...
  15. secondslc

Hmm, those look familiar....Wonder if they're the same family. Don't know about the difference in part numbers.
  16. secondslc

Anyone sporting a small 3-piece speaker system?

I have a 3 piece system powered by a compact hi-fi system of sorts. The infinity modulus system powered by Marantz MusicLink components received a good amount of praise at a get together. I don't think I could do much better for the price, or any price for that matter. The system...
  17. secondslc

PM-84D vs PM-94

I had my PM-94 apart, repaired, and running in about 45 minutes. When I got it, it ran cold, and sounded rather average. Turns out, it was running at half power since there were lots of cold solder joints that had developed. These units are quite easy to service, and rather dependable as long...
  18. secondslc

Vintage true Class A Amps

Marantz esotec series, PM-84/94 series and the later Music Link series all had Class-A designs that ran in pure class a. They also used what is called a quarter-a design, where the first quarter of rated output was pure class-A, and then a/b for the rest. My PM-94 and Esotec PM-5 use it...
  19. secondslc

Not familiar with this one Marantz SR9000G

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=172421 A wonderful piece of audio equipment. While not as overbuilt as the earlier pieces, the technology behind it is robust, and it sounds great.
  20. secondslc

It's a cat's life, ;^)

Yeah, after a long day of napping while I was gone....my cats gave me about 5 minutes of attention before they were exhausted. Poor things.
  21. secondslc

Vintage TOTL Speaker - Contestants Please ?

Marantz Imperial 9s 98 db/w/m efficiency supossedly flat to about 25Hz they do mids really really well.... and just work.
  22. secondslc

All Marantz Setup! HD770's with 2330B and 2500

I approve of all marantz setups....even if the generations change
  23. secondslc

JBL 100 vs. HPM 100

why are we comparing 30 year old speakers with 30 year old caps on 30 year old sources with 30 year old caps? I bet my restored KLH 17s on my restored 2270 sounds better than any combo you have. Its fruitless to compare speakers and amps past their prime....refurbish your stuff!
  24. secondslc

marantz 940 speakers - dome tweeter doesn't work

All "Design Series" and "High Definition" series speakers used the same tweeters, just make sure you get the tweeter and not the super tweeter. Great speakers btw, very invisible among the audio snobs.
Back
Top Bottom