Search results

1. Beobloke

Nagra enters the Hi-End Reference Turntable Market

Am I the only person who looks at it (and the earlier Anniversary model) and immediately thinks “Kronos”?!
  2. Beobloke

Lab 80

They turn up quite regularly on eBay but the postage cost to the UK was the killer for me. If you’re on the right side of the pond then it might be better for you!
  3. Beobloke

Lab 80

After many years without, I recently acquired a LAB80 as I'd been fancying playing with one again for quite a while. It actually came to a friend who received it in a trade for some other items and was all ready to sell it until I spotted it! Mine is working well but just needs a few tweaks...
  4. Beobloke

Korvet 003

Magnificent! I've always fancied one of these Korvet turntables, but not many seem to have sneaked out from behind the Iron Curtain. The only one I saw that escaped was in Germany and the seller wanted over £1000 for it.
  5. Beobloke

JBL 4408 vs. Beovox S45.2

B&Os would get my vote. Obviously.... ;)
  6. Beobloke

Best way to level an unlevel turntable without adjustable feet?

Given that beer makes everything better, beer mats are indeed the obvious answer!
  7. Beobloke

Setup & Loading help

If you used music for the measurement, then it will tell you nothing. You need white/pink noise or a swept sine wave.
  8. Beobloke

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Yamaha music centres must be like buses. You wait years to find an MS-6 and then, barely a few months later, up crops an MS-8, complete with matching NS-635 speakers!
  9. Beobloke

Port Noise Complaints...

Port design has come a long way since the 'bit of drainpipe shoved in a box' of the 1970s! When I was designing subwoofers, we did a lot of work on port design, shape, curvature and termination. Lots of CAD modelling and we 3D printed many samples to try them out for real. The outcome was the...
  10. Beobloke

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Lovely! But completely and utterly unacceptable, obviously....;)
  11. Beobloke

Yamaha GT-2000 from Japan, or TD-125 locally?

Indeed. And here's how an actual GT-2000 ends up when shipped with inadequate packaging! https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/im-a-yamaha-gt-2000-owner-at-last-but-theres-a-catch.808996/ (It's absolutely fine now, though!)
  12. Beobloke

Garrard DD75 tonearm issues

No, if you only have one (or most of one) channel and then flip the receiver to mono and both appear, then it’s a problem with the turntable.
  13. Beobloke

B&O beomaster some general advice needed

B&O cartridges are Moving Iron types and, although they behave like MMs from a connectivity point of view, they have a lower output than a 'normal' MM. As a result, B&O's phono stages tend to be more sensitive than normal - if you plug a normal MM in, it will sound louder. That said, there still...
  14. Beobloke

Help with replacing needle on Gerrard 1025t

The Garrard 1025T is the turntable and it could have one of dozens of different cartridges on it. Can you see any maker's name or model on the cartridge? If not, can you post a picture of it?
  15. Beobloke

This is the one I have: https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/abrasive-pencils/1835226?gb=s
  16. Beobloke

The DD75 uses a Garrard slide-in cartridge carrier and these do have a tendency to give rise to poor connections as they age. As a starting point, I would clean the sprung contacts in the arm and on the carrier with a fibreglass pen and (very carefully!) hook the sprung contact strips in the...
  17. Beobloke

Who here owns their ultimate/dream/"grail" turntable and what is it?

No, it was actually the outer part of the gear that had sheared off - I've no idea how! The centre part of the cog was fine but it was the undulating edge that moved the levers that was gone. As an aside, I'm ashamed to admit that my latest TD-224 is STILL on the 'to-do' pile! :(
  18. Beobloke

Best Vintage Preamp

I own one and it's one of the best preamps I've ever heard. The internal DACs on the digital section are particularly superb. As to the comments about it being AV - mine has a CD player, a phono preamp and a tuner plugged into it - nothing else! The sound effects processor is always off, as is...
  19. Beobloke

Possible next turntable Thorens TD 403 DD. Any reason not to consider?

So the world's first electrically powered, direct driven turntable was made by Thorens in 1958? Clearly the writer has never heard of the Garrard 201, which was widely regarded as the first ever transcription turntable, and which was released in 1930.
  20. Beobloke

Help identifying Grace Tonearm please

See post #2!
  21. Beobloke

Help identifying Grace Tonearm please

It's the cartridge that is a Grace, not the arm. The arm is a Micro Seiki CF-2.
  22. Beobloke

"As the glue dries..." Post up your refoam jobs!

Next lot on the go here, and the worst bit done - the cleanup and removal of the old foam. It’s a messy job!
  23. Beobloke

Gradiente table with a Le Son cartridge,…wondering.

The turntable is basically a Garrard B200 underneath, but the design appears to have been modified for fully automatic operation rather then semi-auto. It is an early unit from the days after Gradiente bought the remains of Garrard when they went bust in the early 1980s.
  24. Beobloke

Dirty Picture!

And this is how it looks now!
  25. Beobloke

Dirty Picture!

This is what came out of it...
Back
Top Bottom