Search results

1. kermit z

Bose 601 series i

I would keep an eye out on the auction site for replacement woofers. As stated, those appeared to just be popped in as a last resort.
  2. kermit z

NHT SDAs

Its always fun to experiment, but even more fun when it works out. Nice job
  3. kermit z

Buying Used Vinyl and Giving Feedback

Buying vinyl records online is always a crap shoot. As stated, the best place would be a record store. I'm lucky enough to have more than a few around, along with Antique malls that always have records. As for grading, no matter what someone claims they use to grade, it is personal opinion...
  4. kermit z

Boston A150 Upgrade?

And this right here is a great point for the OP. We ALL hear differently. It's the reason there are so many different speakers on the market. Having a listen to speakers before you buy is key. Realistically, listen to the speakers in your home environment is the best way, but not always...
  5. kermit z

Boston A150 Upgrade?

Hey, welcome to AK!! There are so many different paths to take on your journey. Have a look at the Boston A200 and the A400's as well. I have A400's and will probably keep them for a long time. The A200's are also great sounding speakers. The ADS are another great speaker to look into. JBL's are...
  6. kermit z

Elac miracord 760

Welcome to AK. So my question is, the tonearm will not drop with the lever in the down position? The system needs to be worked, and it may need some rehab on the little shaft that raises and lowers the tonearm. Maybe I'm way off, I'm sure someone will know for sure
  7. kermit z

Upgrade from my Pioneer Pl10?

Welcome to AK Andy :) Your at the point many of us have been thru. I want a higher table but what do I want. Be careful to not get carried away and start buying up every table you find. The PL-10 was a nice entry level table back int he 70's. My question to you is, do you want to stay in the...
  8. kermit z

Flea Market find.

Nice pick up!!
  9. kermit z

Pro-Ject "The Classic" turntable upgrade - worth it?

What is it about the table are you trying to improve? What cartridge are you running? What do you feel your missing?
  10. kermit z

Sansui SN-31 turntable

Ah nice!! I don't have experience with that table, but if I came across one for the right price I would grab it
  11. kermit z

Sansui SN-31 turntable

It appears to be a Sansui stylus. Double check the turntable model number
  12. kermit z

Replacement woofers for Boston Acoustics A60 speakers?

Have faith my friend. The BA A60 Series II was my first ever refoam job and they came out great. They are very easy. IF you fail, I would look for an original on eBay to play it safe
  13. kermit z

Decent tape deck

Have you gone thru the decks and cleaned up and demagnetized the heads? Have the belts been replaced? You have 3 decks, so I would start there. Trying to find a budget deck that will sound better than what you have will be a challenge, and, JIMOP a waste of money. Why not use the 9191? Will you...
  14. kermit z

Sota Turntable: help bringing back to life

Definitly worth restoring. I founf a thread on AK about the power supply. Maybe this will help? Sota Sapphire power supply
  15. kermit z

Studio standard by fisher

Nice stack you got going there
  16. kermit z

Choosing a deck: stick with the plan or take the opportunity?

I have had a GX-265D for something like 15 years. It's been a good deck. A couple of years ago I got it refurbed by a local tech and that cost me a lot. But, I only paid $10.00 from a local AK'er so it worked out OK. Its a sharp deck and does a great job on recordings I make with it.
  17. kermit z

Sony PS-X800 Tonearm Lifts Before End Album

Sounds like the lift points need to be adjusted. This should be found in the manual, but I don't have access to one.
  18. kermit z

Subwoofer to fill out Boston Acoustics A60

Depending on budget, I would look at the Dayton Audio SUB series. I have bought 2 SUB1200 for well under 200.00 each and run them at left and right channels and have enjoyed them alot. The 1200 goes down to 25Hz and fills in nicely for my DQM-3's I have run an older 12" sub from them and still...
  19. kermit z

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Lenny Kravitz - Are You Going My Way - Virgin Records (2018)
  20. kermit z

AC/DC - The Razors Edge - Epic Records (2003)
  21. kermit z

AC/DC Highway to Hell - Atlantic Records (1979)
  22. kermit z

Technics RS-M250 Tape Deck

The reason this Tape deck thread is in Turntables, is they were both together years back. Not all of them had been moved over. Just FYI.
  23. kermit z

(Possible NIB) Technics SL 23

Lube the motor and get a new belt. I had an SL-23 and really liked it alot. As for new in box, the plinth has smudges that say, it was well used. As for trying to sell it, I don't think your getting much more money compared to one that has been used.
  24. kermit z

bose 10.2

Welcome to AK!! Sadly you will not find much Bose love in online forums. I have a pair of 701's which I find to sound pretty nice on some decent amplification, but overall, most will shy away from them. The most important part is that YOU are happy with your purchase, and it sounds like you are.
  25. kermit z

Duran Duran - Master Mixes - Capitol Records (June 20, 1987)
Back
Top Bottom