Search results

1. Yankee Dog

What is this?

Just a follow up to my question. It turns out it is just a simple resistor that measure 31.6 k ohms. New bulb and neon installed per my previous post and all is working well. New resistor does not get warm at all. Vintage clock back to original function and appearance. Still keeps perfect time...
  2. Yankee Dog

What is this?

So I just connected a C2A (NE-2H) neon bulb to a 30k resistor (3 watt) and applied house current of 122 volts AC. This gives a steady 70 volts to the neon pin while operating. I like the amount of light intensity and this will work fine for the clock illumination that I am trying to repair. So...
  3. Yankee Dog

What is this?

You are 100% correct.. Did a little homework last night and you are on the money. The neon bulb has two rods, one rod per wire/lead. DC current makes the positive rod glow, on AC the glowing rod alternates so fast the eye does not see it. (so they say). Going to "experiment" this weekend...
  4. Yankee Dog

What is this?

Nothing else tied into any of the leads for the neon. Just that one component. I ordered a 0.25 watt 105 to 125 volt neon and some 30k, 2 watt resistor the other day, BEFORE I discovered that component under some heat shrink tubing. It seems that is the popular replacement set up for these old...
  5. Yankee Dog

What is this?

Excellent and thank you very much for the info. Happy holidays!! Replacement bulbs are supposed to arrive tomorrow, will check out the existing diode before replacing... I think I have some 4007's laying around.
  6. Yankee Dog

What is this?

Aha a diode! Never seen one like it. Was going to replace thinking it was a resistor, so any suggestion on a replacement? 1n4003 or better?
  7. Yankee Dog

What is this?

Replacing the neon bulb in an old 1970’s flip clock radio (the old fake digital style like in the movie “Ground Hogs Day”). Anyways, it looks like a carbon comp resistor but is black with one green band only. It is fed 120 volts ac to power a neon bulb as seen in pic. I have no idea what this...
  8. Yankee Dog

Lubrication, grease or oil

Superlube synthetic grease and superlube synthetic oil. Just started using about a year ago and am liking both products. I keep finding more and more uses. Easy to get on amazon and reasonably priced. https://www.super-lube.com/
  9. Yankee Dog

New to me CT-F1000 issue

Based on the the threads I have found while surfing the internet, yes. Being able to find replacements is not turning out as easy. I would like to get another set to replace the current ones, then take the old set and install the Wjoe rubber on to them.
  10. Yankee Dog

New to me CT-F1000 issue

Great info! Thanks! Based on what I have been searching, both rollers are 10 x 6 with a 2.0 shaft size. Good tip about lightly squeezing the sides of the roller holder and see which one moves.
  11. Yankee Dog

New to me CT-F1000 issue

The "does not like" meaning the commercial produced music tapes are the ones that are giving me a hard time. Occasionally I have a problem (on the supply side) with tape bunching up at the pinch roller. The Maxells, Sony, TDK, etc. of the same age seem to play well on my machine but the...
  12. Yankee Dog

New to me CT-F1000 issue

Do yourself a favor and as suggested and at least replace the tape presence microswitch. I was playing with the old switch after it was removed and was able to get the resistance of the switch back to normal (0 ohms) with a liberal shot of deoxit and multiple switching, however replacement is...
  13. Yankee Dog

Thank you Tom "Catrafter" Williams

Other than a post over in the tape section on a recent Pioneer Ct-f1000, I have not posted in this forum in a long time. Catrafter is one of the reasons I got into Marantz. I have lots of pioneer gear, but started to dabble in Marantz years ago. Like any vintage gear, all the units I picked up...
  14. Yankee Dog

New to me CT-F1000 issue

Thanks for the reply. After it stops, if I hit play again it will run for a second or two then auto stop. The counter belt is old, however it is working. I placed a mark on the wheel and it is rotating. The counter numbers move also. Have been searching the forum and am coming to the...
  15. Yankee Dog

New to me CT-F1000 issue

Indirectly inherited a ct-f1000 that sat for a long period of time. Very clean, never been messed with, never opened up. Worked OK, no issues. Did my homework on the unit, ordered a replacement belt and roller kit, also contacted Markthefixer regarding clutch rebuild (knowing the clutch will...
  16. Yankee Dog

Maggie 9302-Looking for a certian schematic

Just picked up an unmolested bone stock 9302 with the original mullards. Paid 40 bucks. The only thing I have done so far is to replace the coupling caps, and delete the 12 pin umbilical connector. I have been reading countless threads and will soon begin restoring/improving this amp. Still...
  17. Yankee Dog

RH84 Amp, Problem or Not?

OK, thank you for the replies...when doing a search, I realized that others have similar findings with the screen voltage vs plate variance. Glad it's not a big deal, but started wondering when the RH designer even addressed the issue with the revision 2 (zeners). I had also considered a lower...
  18. Yankee Dog

RH84 Amp, Problem or Not?

Built a Rh84 about 4 years ago. Basic low budget build just to see if I could using a power trans and outputs from an old silvertone console. Basic build on a sheet of plywood, the only new components were the electrolytics, resistors, and the choke. The power supply uses a voltage doubler. Had...
  19. Yankee Dog

Subbing 7868 tubes for...

OK, how tough to convert my amp to 6l6? Seems like a good selection and reasonable prices. Hows the sound of the 6l6?
  20. Yankee Dog

I have looked at those. $25 TO $30 each at various online tube retilers, and only one pair listed on that auction site. Does not look as available as the 7591 or the 7868. YD
  21. Yankee Dog

OK, that idea looks like a bust. Sorry, I got caught up in the suggestions on other posts I have read regarding the 6av5 being robust, can handle higher than rated voltages, sounded good, low price, readily available, etc. http://www.tubelab.com/6AV5.htm...
  22. Yankee Dog

I have a couple of refurbished AMI Rowe jukebox stereo amplifiers that were given to me a few years back. When I say refurbished, I mean new caps everywhere, new resistors everywhere, and some of the unrelated relays, resistors, and speaker switches removed. They are both stand alone amps...
  23. Yankee Dog

Bell integrated amp and tuner

Glad you worked things out. Those are very impressive looking components! Excellent condition. I just found this thread and while reading it, was screaming "REPLACE THOSE CAPS!!!!" My first exposure to tubes cost me a couple of vintage tubes from red plating and I am glad you got yours...
  24. Yankee Dog

Advent 9 Tweeter Help

Scored a free pair of Advent 9 speakers. Nicotine covered, need refoam of woofers, grills are intact but filthy. Yes, vinyl is starting to peal, and probably not the "best" speakers advent put out, but I would like to clean them up, refoam and recap, then evaluate them. I have a pair of mint...
  25. Yankee Dog

Marantz service metro Detroit

Punker X is a member and his business is Radio X tuners. He is on the south end of flint. Just about 1 mile off I-75. He did a nice job on my 2275 (I did the recap, he did the realignment). I have no affiliation. YD http://www.radioxtuners.com/
Back
Top Bottom