Search results

1. gearhead

The BEST car song not recorded by the Beach Boys

Neil Young - Mo-tor Cit-y (Re-ac-tor album) Neil Young - Roll Another Number (For the Road) Jeff Beck - Big Block Jeff Beck - Roy's Toy (slightly different guitar styles)
  2. gearhead

Happy Birthday gearhead!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH! I'D LIKE TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR POSTING. Thank you ehoove Thank you Oerets Thank you Spiceman50 Thank you Te-Te Thank you Hyperion Thank you Pio1980 Thank you needforspeed Thank you highvoltage_ Thank you squirrelnest Thank you mea2112 Thank...
  3. gearhead

Hey sKiZo! Or any car head unit on home stereo people...

Thanks for all the replies. I was concerned about not losing the preset settings, so I'll simply wire the switched/batt wires together
  4. gearhead

Hey sKiZo! Or any car head unit on home stereo people...

I've got a Kenwood head unit I was planning on hooking up to a receiver for some shop tunes. It plays CDs, thumb drives, and mp3s burned onto CD, for long stretches of uninterrupted music. I was wondering how to wire the 12v switched lead--do you just twist it up with the 12v batt wire then...
  5. gearhead

Jeff Beck has passed away.

Very sad. Lots of memories. It's sad losing the amazing artists whose music we've been enjoying for decades, most of my life in this case. Not that it matters much, but I didn't discover him until 1976's Wired. It was playing in a car demo cassette deck at the stereo store. I've been a fan...
  6. gearhead

Songs With A State, Country or City/town In The Title

All the way from Memphis-Mott the Hoople
  7. gearhead

Happy Birthday gearhead!

Thanks to you all!!! This made my day.
  8. gearhead

Happy Birthday gearhead!

Thanks to you all!!! This made my day.
  9. gearhead

Hello! Anybody home?

Hello! Anybody home?
  10. gearhead

AudioKarma's Memorial Wall (Members Who have Passed)

I was trying to find out what happened to Mike, he passed in 2016. Some of you members who have been here a while will remember him. Yamahammer, aka Mike Baggerly https://www.bramleyfh.com/obituary/Michael-Baggerly#
  11. gearhead

I will be retiring from this forum! Thanks for everything!

Sorry to see you're leaving, but I know how real life can get in the way of AK, etc. I also know how Instagram can get in the way of reality lol. Take care of yourself. Sad to see another one of the old gang leaving. Edit: Ok, I should have read your last post. I read the first page, and...
  12. gearhead

Arkansas Rocks on network player?

Beaker Street was not on KSMZ. After doing more searching on the N-30, I found KAFN 690. It's the same stream as the one on the Arkansas Rocks website.
  13. gearhead

I found KSMZ, 94.3, which sounds like one of their stations. I thought that was strange, because on their site it shows 94.3 as being KCMC. Whatever. It doesn't have the exact programming as KAFN, but it's close enough for me. I'll have to check tonight and see if Beaker Street is on there...
  14. gearhead

Thanks for looking into this. I'll have to give that a try.
  15. gearhead

Is anybody listening to arkansasrocks.com on a network player? I've got a Pioneer N-30AE, but I can't find any of their stations on it. I've been listening on a desktop pc, I'm a total newb when it comes to this. N-30 is set up and working with the computer.
  16. gearhead

mystery cabinet

Anyhow, thanks for the help :thumbsup:
  17. gearhead

mystery cabinet

Maybe also a 140 amp?
  18. gearhead

mystery cabinet

Those are inside measurements. Faceplate cutout is 14 1/4 x 4 3/4 Outside dimensions are- Width - 15 3/8" Depth - 12" Height - 5 7/8"
  19. gearhead

mystery cabinet

I'm posting this to try to figure out what this fits, exactly. I've had this cabinet for a while, at least 15 years. It's been so long that I don't remember exactly where it came from. I thought it was for a Marantz, but the shape of the vent screen has me wondering. I have all kinds of...
  20. gearhead

One Word Song Title Transference

My Ding-a-ling - Chuck Berry. lol
  21. gearhead

One Word Song Title Transference

#9 Dream-John Lennon
  22. gearhead

Overend Watts birthday

You're very lucky, where did you see them? I've seen some of their old US itineraries, and it didn't look like they got very close to here.
  23. gearhead

Overend Watts birthday

Since today would have been Overend Watts' 75th birthday I thought I'd post a few pics in his memory. It seems you learn more about a person after they've passed. He was, most famously, bassist for Mott the Hoople, Mott, and British Lions. He was also an avid carp fisherman, and had even caught...
  24. gearhead

2330B blowing fuses

Thanks
  25. gearhead

2330B blowing fuses

My great sounding 2330B blew a fuse today. After getting several replacements 20 miles away, I put a new one in, the dial light lit for a split second, and blew that one, too. To say I'm bummed would be an understatement. I don't think I'd be able to fix it, I don't have the experience or...
Back
Top Bottom