Search results

1. mcgarick

Older Dali speakers to consider.. others? used market bargains.

Lots of old and new jazz, classic Rock, Electronic (Patrick OHearn, William Orbit) but others too.
  2. mcgarick

Thanks Mythless, I'm not familiar with Focal. Any stand mounts of theirs that are stand outs? or favs with people? Thanks BTW those do pop up around here. There's a couple used in town right now. Focal Chorus 806V Focal Chorus 807W
  3. mcgarick

Greeting, I'm looking for some used (last 20 years or so) small towers 3' or under (slim is good) and/or some stand mounts. I was think Dali might be a good search, anyone recommend something? Never heard Dali though.. I'm in the Seattle market, and stuff pops up. Ive heard great things...
  4. mcgarick

Help in new speaker choice please!

Greetings! I have acquired, a new to me, power amplifier, a 20 year old Pass Labs X150. This is a step up for me.. and right now I'm running some NHT VT-A1 speakers and a Martin Logan DEPTH subwoofer. This amp is pretty outrageous for sonic purity and power (for me anyway) I think my speakers...
  5. mcgarick

Custom Speaker Boxes Harman Kardon Model Forty

Yes, I noticed that ad up North.. If I had the space, like you most likey do I would go up and at least listen to them. I think who ever put this series together, MORE than knew what they were doing. His 175 price is OK, he may take 140??? haha I love that big Vifa dome on those... one of my...
  6. mcgarick

Custom Speaker Boxes Harman Kardon Model Forty

I picked up a pair of HK Tens today, and after a bit of playing them, and loosening up the drivers (everything covered in dust). I'm super impressed. They have great tone, dynamics (weight with sub) and unusual separation, or clarity of each instrument. Impressive! Solid 5 bananas...
  7. mcgarick

Acoustic Research AR-215PS worth 20 bucks????

I want to throw in my two cents about this little AR speaker. If working correctly I think they're wonderful. Some music, you need a sub. But for well-recorded jazz they're just fine on their own. They even did deeper than the rated spec. People that haven't liked them probably have used them...
  8. mcgarick

Tube ID, help please! plus bonus Farside pics

A BIG thank you! to all that commented. I luv the Karm (even though I'm a Jesus person) and you people make it great! Peace and blessings too you and yours!
  9. mcgarick

What peaked my interest in the 7025 tube was this comment on TDPRI.com I don't know how accurate the info is though.. Quote: NOS tubes can offer a bounty of sonic pleasure to those who choose to experiment with them and evolve their sonic palette to "recognize and appreciate" what they can...
  10. mcgarick

I was thinking maybe GE too. Now here's another question... Do you think these companies that did rebranding on tubes, would take a regular 12ax7 tube, and put 7025 on it, not caring about being truthful. Anyone run into that type of BS with rebranders??
  11. mcgarick

These are on auction, and this is the only picture they have.
  12. mcgarick

Greetings! I'm trying to identify the make of these rebranded 7025 tubes. If any of you tube gurus know, please do tell! Thanks!
  13. mcgarick

Schiit headphone amps as preamplifiers

Opinions wanted.. Anyone here use Schiit headphone amps as preamps ,connected to power amps to drive speakers?? I would like to get some feedback from those who have tried this. I understand they make good headphone amps, maybe these would make killer preamps too. Please share any experiences...
  14. mcgarick

Yamaha NS-6490

I picked up a pair of these at Goodwill the other day. I heard them once, when demoing a Nakamichi pre amp at this record store in Walla Walla WA, the stores name was Hot Poop, I kid you not! lol Well, I just kinda grabbed these, and an amp in the used Audio section of the store , too test...
  15. mcgarick

Willsenton R300B SE Integrated Amp

Hi, looking forward to your experiences with the Willsenton R300 amp. Where did you purchase it? Amazon?? thanks
  16. mcgarick

Cayin tube amps, opinions/feedback wanted

Hi, looking to maybe pick up a used Cayin A-60t, 5881 based tube amp (30 watts per channel). Anyone had this brand? What are your thoughts and or experiences with this brand? Please share. Picture is random internet, but the sellers looks just like it. Thanks in advance!
  17. mcgarick

NHT Fans, opinions Wanted.

Sweet! I.would like to hear them..$50s a great deal.too.. Being 56, I get the discount at Value Village, I think it's also called Savers in some parts of the country. I had a good summer and fall for speaker buying at the thrift stores this year for some reason. It's pretty slow right now...
  18. mcgarick

Post your rarest finds...

SpeakerCraft , don't know the model, Goodwill find, Sound awesome...I'm guessing, late 80s..? Vifa tweeter,Un known Taiwan midrange, Mirage woofer. Whoever did them, knew what they were doing.. very balanced and musical.
  19. mcgarick

NHT Fans, opinions Wanted.

Greetings! I picked up a pair of NHT VT-1a speakers at Gooodwill about a month ago. Well, I'm glad I got them, they were $60.00 so they didnt give them away, but not too much $ either. I got them home, and now they are my current faves. They just work in my room. They have these 4.5" woofers...
  20. mcgarick

Dynaco A-25's. How do they stack up against today's bookshelves?

I had a guy bring a pair over to test an amplifier he was going to buy from me. And I thought they were great! The best? No. But they were good speakers and I could enjoy listening to them and not get into a big tizzy about the sound. I could enjoy the music. I thought they were Musical. If I...
  21. mcgarick

ADS Opinions please

I've had a couple of the 780s the first one and the second version. Now this is just my opinion, but I thought they lacked Dynamics. They have good tone and decent detail, but I think there are a lot of modern speakers, that have the benefit of computer modeling that will defeat them. Just my...
  22. mcgarick

Speaker model and info wanted...

Greetings Stopped off at Goodwill after work today, and totally lucked out on some great speakers.. $69.99 for the pair. Fully functioning. The badges, say Speakercraft, but no model number, or any other information. Can someone on the Karm help me with a bit of info on these?? They are very...
Back
Top Bottom