Search results

1. Ruppert

Wow !! Leesonic is all that .

What a generous guy. Two pairs of tweeters FREE. Gets my project back on track. Thanks Lee
  2. Ruppert

Driver ID

Hello This driver is out of a pair of column speakers with 6 8" drivers per cabinet. Company was Sono Columns Inc.. History ? I think they went out of business in 1982. Couldn't locate any products, etc.. Only ID info I located for EIA codes was Milwaukee Resistors #722 ? Sono Columns perhaps...
  3. Ruppert

Magnavox 196aa Help

Good afternoon I'm attempting to convert this amp to function as a stand alone. The new Magnavox forum seems to be a shell of the previous one, and I'm schematically challenged at best. I've uncovered everything I can with online searches I have a new Hayseed Hamfest can capacitor, but there are...
  4. Ruppert

Collaro Conquest Help

Hello I'm in the process of restoring a Magnavox 223 console with a Collaro. Have read all I could find about using this table, and attempting to use with vinyl I have, and no 78's. Members have commented as it being a stable and quite functional table for current use. I contacted Gary at VOM...
  5. Ruppert

AR 2AX Tweeters

Has anyone had any experience with after market voice coils as substitutes for originals ? I can't find anything similar to the originals. I don't know if rebuilding two is worth the investment for this model. I have the HiVi's, but they don't impress me. Thank you
  6. Ruppert

RCA RS177

Picked this up several weeks ago on BT. In the process of ordering parts, and need help. One component identified as R104A 900 ohms 10w B 130 ohms 5w C 130 ohms 5w Schematic arrow...
  7. Ruppert

A hearty thank you to MACYJRM

Excellent transaction & very fair pricing on RCA tube console amplifier. Helpful & kind gentleman. Even provided me with a Sams Photofact Folder at no cost.
  8. Ruppert

GTE/SYLVANIA Crossover

I need help identifying the speakers these crossovers came from. I noticed there was a fair amount of conversation about this brand here, so...... Currently in negotiations with Rex Runner for some parts. Trying to cobble together a project. 65 watts listed on panel. Thank you
  9. Ruppert

Electro Voice Interface D

Picked up a pair early last year in pretty rough shape, and w/o biamp plug. Recapped, and put into action, and sounded great. A couple of weeks later after some researching bought plugs, and configured new biamp plugs. Couldn't get any high frequency in any hookup scenario. Recap was completed...
  10. Ruppert

Tweeters ( 2 pairs ) unable to ID

I think these may be vintage Voice of Music drivers, but I can't identify. They appear to be circa 50's-60s . 1sr pair is 4ohms . Underside of cone is sp-co-21a 2nd is 16ohms. Can't read underside # I'm rehabbing a pair of VOM speakers ( console #582 ) 1959 Thanks for any suggestions
  11. Ruppert

Another WOW!!! For Oerets

Local purchase of a pristine Voice Of Music 582 console package recently. Priced as friends & family level. Also threw in a Denon receiver and Pioneer tuner. Are you serious ???? What a knowledgeable and helpful AK'er.
  12. Ruppert

Rex Runner /WOW!!!

Not only did he have the 1950's drivers for my Voice Of Music 582 speakers, he packaged them per NASA guidelines for a space station trip. I know who to contact first for obscure items in the future. Many thanks Rupert/Jack
  13. Ruppert

Electro Voice Interface D

Just purchased a pair of these in rough shape, and digging into these my first order of business was to replace the surrounds on Mids and Woofers. Woofer surrounds are dust, but the Mids seem to have a stiff cloth surrounds in good shape. Is this original or an add on later in the speaker's...
  14. Ruppert

New York Audio Labs Moscode Minuet Preamp

I purchased this unit recently, and have had no luck in locating a schematic. I'm replacing the two Fusistors with metal films since 1 is dead. They are 137k ohms, but I don't know the wattage, and I don't want to guess. Any estimates ? Also the 2 metal axial caps pictured, I have no idea about...
  15. Ruppert

Norman Laboratories Power Source 3

Need some help with this pair I picked up recently. I cannot locate any information anywhere on this model. Has 8" woofer and a 10" passive radiator. The dust caps on the woofers were smashed, and the center of the radiators are concave with the poly material cracked in places. The is no glue...
  16. Ruppert

AU-717 Transformer test

I had purchased this years ago as a non working unit, and recently decided to problem solve with my limited skills/equipment. Transformer test: PCB 2663 with Multimeter DCV @ 200ua / 200ma / 20A One channel w/ grey/yellow wires had no reading on any setting Other channel w/blue/red wires had no...
  17. Ruppert

Allied 615HC T-35 tweeter access

Any response is appreciated. I need to know the least invasive way to access the tweeter on this Allied model to probably replace the vc. The only way I can figure seems to be a somewhat destructive cutting of the felt cover around the wizzer cone behind the T-35. So if there was a better way...
  18. Ruppert

Thank you Jenkster

I would consider Jenkster as a premium no hassle buyer per my transaction with him recently. Doesn't get any better. Thanks again.
  19. Ruppert

Mister Pig is all that

I had an outstanding transaction as the buyer of Mr Pig's AP Black Oval speaker cables recently. Thank you for expediting the sale and the very fair price. May all buying adventures work as well in the future. Thank you Ruppert
  20. Ruppert

Soldering Straightwire RCA plugs

Hello, I need help with these interconnects if possible. I purchased a pair of 2M Rhapsody S cables, cut them in half, purchased RCA plugs from Straightwire Audio, and was hoping to have 2 pairs. After heating from 25W to 140W I was unable complete anything appearing to resemble a joint, in...
  21. Ruppert

Fisher XP-10's

Good evening, Recently picked up a pair of the 10's because of their looks and the noted rolled off high frequency since I've got quite a bit of hard surface area where I listen. Naturally the tweeters were replaced with a no name 3" with a triangle stamp on the magnet and the #'s 1705 &...
  22. Ruppert

The Smaller Advent Logo position

Good evening, I just finished refurbishing a pair these and need the exact distance from side and bottom edges of inner frame to the logo for proper positioning. I know, somewhat anal, but just keeping it original as possible. Thanks for any assistance / Jack
  23. Ruppert

Guitar amp choices

Hello, I recently re-entered the world of electric guitars since my first one back in the 60's. It's a fairy new Vox SDC55, and I'm trying to find a fairy decent used amp for garage use and I need some advice please. I found a Marshall G50 RCD for $125, I guess it'a about 5 years old. Also...
  24. Ruppert

Rek-o-Kut K33

Good evening, I've just finished restoring this Rek-o-Kut, and I'm in need of suggestions for a cartridge for the S-120 arm on it. I'm also still trying to locate a replacement metal deck cover for whatever that's worth. The Stanton 681 MKIII I have just sags under it's weight, so obviously...
  25. Ruppert

Nakamichi 1000II

Requesting assistance with malfunctioning Nak recently purchased from fellow AK member. Problem is as follows: When Auto Reverse switch is "on" Play engages for 1 sec. / Rewind & FF engage for 2 sec./Pause-lights /Stop-no response When Auto Reverse is "off" Play-functions / Rewind & FF-no...
Back
Top Bottom