Search results

1. R

Audio Technica AT15XE question

The generic AT15XE .2 x.7 elliptical stylus is one of the stupid bargains out there....ive even cut one down to fit a lower AT cart and it is very good....my main cart is a Shure V15-IV with genuine stylus fwiw.
  2. R

Shure V15 IV

I have a Shure V15IV with 2 of the original VN45HE stylus. I put a drop of 'rubber renue' on the suspension every few months and they still track perfectly.
  3. R

Audio Technica AT20ss new old stock value and reviews??

AT-15XE ain't no slouch! I Rotate it along with my Shure V15-IV with great results.
  4. R

Metal base Mullard El34 (6ca7) What's the big deal ?

The metal base Mullard EL34 are 1950's production and are absolutely a benchmark in terms of build quality & tone. They sound very defined but not hard or strident and don't get mushy or compressed either.....very balanced overall.
  5. R

AU-7700 distortion

Well, i pulled the bottom cover and cleaned the 3 way toggles and i think all of the other pots are now clean as well and i hit the pre/main too. So far it now sounds excellent! I hope this solved the issue permanently (or at least for a few years lol!)
  6. R

Rush was better with Terry Brown

I saw the 2112 tour with Rush opening for Ted Nugent, it was a mind blowing event hearing the early stuff along with much of the 2112 material! Get "All the World's a Stage" on vinyl if you haven't already......the guitars are thick and meaty sounding. The 80's in general ushered in some...
  7. R

cleaning 3 way toggles

I meant bottom cover, not back cover!
  8. R

cleaning 3 way toggles

Thanks, i haven't attempted to remove the back cover yet as i wasn't sure if it was wise to do so!
  9. R

cleaning 3 way toggles

Is there a way to clean 3 way toggles on a Sansui AU7700 amp without removing them? These are seemingly impossible to reach as they are all mounted on the bottom of the chassis.
  10. R

AU-7700 distortion

My beloved Sansui AU-7700 is starting to make some intermittent distortion in the left channel. I cleaned the pots, however the 3 way toggles i haven't cleaned. Is there any way to clean the 3 way toggles without removing them? What are the chances it is dirty toggles and not something...
  11. R

7591 questions

I agree! I sell some tubes from time to time and i always final test all tubes in a live amp checking for current draw stability.
  12. R

V15 IV - Stylus Question

Really like my Shure V15-IV with original Shure VN45HE stylus. Very balanced, warm & detailed response.
  13. R

Doping KLH model 33 woofer edge

@kirk57, the suspension is very loose compared to other woofers when you apply pressure to the cone (very carefully i might add). The cone seems to not be controlled well under moderate power and the woofers will bottom out...i mean, i've been around woofers for 40+ years and have rarely...
  14. R

most durable cartridge

What would be the most durable cartridge (kid friendly etc)? Like a Stanton DJ cart or something similar?
  15. R

KLH 33 crossover point and slope

Does anyone know what the crossover point and slope is on this 10" inch 2 way? I need to replace the tweeters for now (one is blown) and i have a pair of Dayton 1 1/8 domes that can crossover as low as 1800hz. What tweeter is close to the original KLH cone tweeter or is a good replacement?
  16. R

Doping KLH model 33 woofer edge

It seems my KLH 33 have loose suspension in the woofers. Do the cloth edges need doped or should i pull the woofers and reseal the edge or both? Nice sound out of these btw!
  17. R

KLH Model 33 - odd one out

I have a pair of 33's. I managed to blow one tweeter and i think the woofer edge possibly needs sealed as well. Anyone have some insight on sealing the cloth edge? My woofer also has the cross-doping on the cone as well.
  18. R

Can one substitute squawkers on Sansui sp 3700?

I own a pair of Sansui 3700 myself, i just replaced the front firing horns on each (one quit) with success and have wondered what an upgrade of the cone mid range would sound like. There should be lots of choices that will fit, though some may not bolt up exactly the same.
  19. R

The AT15 20SS/15XE debate will be settled tonight once and for all !

My AT-15XE is great even with the generic USA stylus....it's my main cart along with a Shure V15IV-HE.
  20. R

TELEFUNKEN vs Mullard

Mullard 12AX7 tend to work very well in old (say pre 1976) Marshall guitar amps, lots of mid range punch and gain and usually not microphonic in a bad way.
  21. R

Dynaco A25 Sound?

Yeah, we used to replace the 1 1/2 inch dome with a Polydax 1 1/4 dome for more extended highs. Of course 1 1/8 domes became common starting in the 80's. There is something very musical about the upper & mid bass and midrange with A25's. I've always wanted to get another pair and hook...
  22. R

I bought a V15 Type IV...

I have a NOS V15-IV stylus and another very low hours genuine Shure stylus as well (both the same). I put a drop of "Rubber Renue" on the suspension every month or 2 and they both track very well. One of these the suspension was dried out a bit and stiff, the other one was not...go figure!
  23. R

Best Recorded Classic Rock Vinyl?

ZZ Top - Fandango & Tres Hombres Humble Pie - Fillmore & Smokin Faces - A Nod is as Good as a Wink Blue Cheer - Louder Than God Blue Oyster Cult - ST
  24. R

Fixing an Audio Technica AT20SS

That is great!! Now just surf Ebay for one of the AT15XE replacement stylus (USA and Japan are best ime) until you find a real AT20SS stylus.
  25. R

Yamaha NS-690 II - Excellent.

Congrats! I am seriously thinking about replacing the woofers in my NS-670's. The trick is getting the 10 inch woofer to integrate to the dome midrange.
Back
Top Bottom