Search results

1. the keester

Sony PS-T25 turntable

I just installed a DL103R with a Midas Aluminum body and it's so smooth. I've never heard these carts sound so good. I know I'm nuts.
  2. the keester

Sony PS-T25 turntable

^^ Well considering that were talking about 30 year old gear the age of this thread isn't a factor. I don't think anyone asked if this specific TT was the 'best.' A person can buy real estate for the price of turntable if they wanted 'the best.' We're talking about a TT someone wanted to pay...
  3. the keester

Sony PS-T25 turntable

Wow I've been doing research on the Sony PS-T25 since picking one up from a garage sale and I've seen Hakaplan on probably 6 different threads bashing this turntable and he's never even owned one. Definitely a man on a very weird mission. Just for the record I installed a DL103D on the stock...
  4. the keester

Harbeth Compact7s annoying freq spike?

These are the anniversary model. I'm pretty sure they're only 10 years old at most.
  5. the keester

Yes. I ran them with a Macintosh mc225 25 watt tube amp and still had the same listening experience although they def sound better with the solid state amp. The 225 just wasn't the appropriate amp for them.
  6. the keester

I've had these speakers for a few years now. Currently I am powering them with a vintage Mcintosh 2155 150 watt solid state amp. I've always wished they were a little quitter and like I said there's a quality that hurts my ears. Besides that they sound very good. Articulate and smooth otherwise...
  7. the keester

Bent d103r cantilever and bent it back into place

Bent d103r cantilever and then bent it back into place with my finger nail. It seems to sound ok. Should I have it repaired?? Has anyone else here done this?
  8. the keester

Best bookshelf speakers for MC225?

Thanks for the replies. I've come to the conclusion that the mc225 is a bad matchup for the Harbeth compact7es. I don't think I've ever read anyone mention that certain speakers need more power to sound better at lower volume. I've only read people worrying about having enough power to listen...
  9. the keester

Best bookshelf speakers for MC225?

Ok I know this thread is 3 years old:) I am the OP. I recently moved to a bigger open space but I am still having loudness issues with my setup with the same Harbeth speakers and Mac mc225. I have the spekeKer in a 10 foot triangle. The room is around 15 x 12 with 8 ft ceilings. I really...
  10. the keester

The Exorcist - Movie Receiver (pic) Can you ID it?

AK pulls through. How does thus receiver compare with a MAC 1900?
  11. the keester

The Exorcist - Movie Receiver (pic) Can you ID it?

I was watching this awesome movie on Halloween and couldn't figure out what Ellen Burstyn's turntable and receiver are. Can you?
  12. the keester

Some SL-7 issues. Please help.

Thanks I didn't see the part on the bottom. I'll try it.
  13. the keester

Getting to the main PCB board was actually super easy from the bottom. I can see and touch the relay but getting to the top of the relay is impossible unless I get that board to come out:(
  14. the keester

Any help on getting the main PCB out? Thanks
  15. the keester

I found the relay. It's under the main PCB. After following the service manual I cannot get that board out. It seems to be stuck at one end towards the rear. Anyone have experience with this?
  16. the keester

Can anyone tell me where the relay is located?
  17. the keester

Yes
  18. the keester

All this was done. Maybe I'll try cleaning the cart contacts again. Anyone have advice on adjusting the 7 inch cueing?
  19. the keester

Tty...........
  20. the keester

I am really enjoying the SL-7. It came with an Ortofon TM14 and I upgraded the stylus to an OM40. It's warm big and detailed. I prefer listening to this combo over an SL-10 with NOS 310MC. The issues: Lately it's randomly losing the left channel. When I lift and then lower the arm the prob...
  21. the keester

Fixing a Grado Laborotory Series Wood Tonearm

I wouldn't mind paying for someone's time. Is there any places thatbwould definitely be up to the task? It seems to be just the 4 very fine wires that need to be soldered to a lug.
  22. the keester

Fixing a Grado Laborotory Series Wood Tonearm

I have one of these in great cosmetic condition but somewhere down the road I messed up the wireing. The fine wires are still intact through the wood arm but I cannot get them to connect to an RCA female post. Apparently there is a coating on the wires that need to be melted off in order to...
  23. the keester

Is there a switchbox that can switch between two turntables (or tonearms)

Is there a switchbox that can switch between two turntables (or tonearms) into one phone input? Not losing sound quality is of course important, Thanks.
  24. the keester

Considering a technics 1210 m5g

I've had many respectable turntables( td-124, Garrard 401, Gyrodec and great tonearms such as the SME3012, SME V, Hadcock, Mitchell Tecnoarm and I've come to the conclusion that my SL 7 and SL 10 are just as fun to listen to (or maybe more) than my previous tables and a lot less hassle in many...
  25. the keester

Considering a technics 1210 m5g

I have a Technics SL-7 with Ortofon TP14 & OM 30 stylus and an SL-10 with a Technics EPC 310MC and now I have the Technics bug:) I've always liked the looks and build quality of the 1210 m5g. What should I look for in a used or new one? Are they'll the same? Should the tonearm be upgraded? How...
Back
Top Bottom