Search results

1. S

Hoarding and the art of letting go...

You can always find a new wife fairly cheaply. Good audio equipment on the other hand... OJO V--V
  2. S

Sony APM 717 - surrounds are rotten - now what

Excellent! I will rid myself of speakers that served their purpose, but unless I hear otherwise and fast... Thanks, SweetDoug
  3. S

Sony APM 717 - surrounds are rotten - now what

Just found a guy who supplies foams for the 717. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Speaker-Square-foam-repair-kits-for-Sony-APM-707-APM-717-4-pcs/222653344723?hash=item33d72c6bd3 50 bucks. Do you fellers think these speaks are worth fixing? SD
  4. S

Sony FH-7 Mark II AM Part of Tuner Not Working

Anyone have any suggestions on the fix for the Sony FH-7 Mark II's tuner? It'll bring in FM but the AM just does not work. Anyone have any experience with a fix with this thing? The unit sounds great and is a real conversation piece. Thanks, SD
  5. S

Sony FH-7 MkIII....a great little system!

I just picked one of these up at the GoodWill. I new it was a collector just looking at it! I've got a pair of APM 100's and They. Sound. Awesome! I've got a pair of 717's, too. Even refoamed by my hand, they're good. To my ear. This FH-7 sounds fantastic. Anybody have a manual for it...
  6. S

Nikko Preamp Beta 20-Small Sound w/ Volume Maxed

Bummer... Thanks for the input, though, guys! I did try the switching to the inputs from the amp into the pre-amp 1 or 2, but nothing changed. Tried different options like the IPOD in aux and a tuner and got the same results, I had to turn the volume completely up to hear anything. Must be...
  7. S

Nikko Preamp Beta 20-Small Sound w/ Volume Maxed

Well, problems. I can't get any sound out of the Beta 20, or at least just a tiny bit, with the volume knob turned up to... 10! Yeah. Something's pooched. Any ideas? Swapped out the Amp and it's definitely the Beta 20. Thanks, SweetDoug
  8. S

Nikko Alpha 130/Beta 30 & Alpha 220/Beta 20-Worth?

Both sets are working. What are they worth? SweetDoug
  9. S

Phono to Yamaha HTR 6160 using Nikko Pre-Amp?

I've got an old Nikko Pre-amp, Beta 20 and another one, which I hooked my phono up to, then into the Yamaha. Nothing. Not enough wattage? Do I need a real phone pre-amp to do this? Thanks guys. SweetDoug
  10. S

HDTV, AVI Files, DTS, x264, mks, AC3--I'm lost...

I like to download TV shows from umm... a-ha... Well, places...to watch on my own time and since I've just set up my 7.1 surround sound system with the new AV receiver, I need to figure out some formats. (There's nothing out there with 7.1 so I've lowered my sights (Don't have a blue ray, but...
  11. S

Making a Sub-woofer Cable-Need Some Pointers

I need to make a sub-woofer cable about 30-40 feet long and was going to make it out of some nice speaker wire with solderable RCA jacks. Well, the schlubs sold me coax cable RCA jacks. I made a mess of that using 14 guage wire... Got'em soldered but they hummed. What would you guys...
  12. S

Nikko Beata 40 Pre- Quite Amazing! Pics..

I've become a Audio-Loser, too! Sadly, I can now follow this thread with all the gibberish. I've become a geek! I had a buddy give me a couple of old Nikko pieces, the Alpha 220, the 130, the preamp Beta's and they sound great. I've got them sitting in my back room as I've had to...
  13. S

Max Distance of Optical Cable from CPU to receiver?

I'll let you guys know how it works. As long as it gets rid of that annoying hum from the vine of Buckstore RCA stereo/headphone out/splitters/cables, 50 foot run to my receiver in the living room! SweetDoug
  14. S

AC3 5.1 AVI files not playing SS on Yamaha Receiver?

I own a WDTV and NOT a WDMC!! Yes! I've been corrected! For the life of me, I've been calling my WD TV! the WDMC, as in media centre. Brain fart or my buddy calling it that, I guess. SweetDoug In any case, fantastic little box.
  15. S

Yes! I've been corrected! For the life of my, I've been calling my WD TV! the WDMC as in media centre. Brain fart or my buddy calling it that, I guess. SweetDoug In any case, fantastic little box.
  16. S

optical to rca with DTS decode support ?

Yeahup. I've been calling this damn thing a Western Digital Media Centre for ages, because my buddy who got me into it, called it that. I own a WD TV. I own a WD TV! (I'll write this out on paper later 500x's...) ;)
  17. S

Now that I've got it up and working with SS, it's great. I'd highly recommend it. Way more betterer than Apple TV (Can't play 1080) and plays everything. Very, very pleased with the little box. SweetDoug
  18. S

optical to rca with DTS decode support ?

I'll throw my 2 ¢ in here as I have a WDMC. (And I love it!) I ran a HDMI cable straight into my old Sony Wega and it worked just peachily. (My word!) If you have HDMI, go with that, because I played mkv files all the time and they worked. Maybe the file (s) is/are corrupted? I had that happen...
  19. S

Is 7.1 Surround Sound A Waste of Time, Effort & Money?

I just got the AV set up with 7.1 and voila! There's no 7.1 out there....? Now, to be fair, I don't have a blue-ray player. But I do have dts files, et cetera, and tv espisodes from you-know-where... But everything seems to be 5.1? And on top of this, the 5.1 doesn't work well on the...
  20. S

Western Digital Media Center Sure, no problemo! Western Digital Media Center Model: WDBABF0000NBK http://www.wdc.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=734 Everything that you neeed is there.
  21. S

Max Distance of Optical Cable from CPU to receiver?

That's a good price at monoprice. I've got one ordered from a guy up in Canada for $40. Thanks, SweetDoug
  22. S

Problem fixed. I am such a schlub!! I was out scanning for fixes to the problem when I read a review of the device and the reviewers did the same thing! Going into the sound options, you can set it to either "Stereo" or "Digital". Care to guess what I had it set to? Thanks guys!! Now if I...
  23. S

The WDMC is the Western Digital Media Centre, an little box that plays all your files, AVI and most video, MP3/4, jpegs, et cetera. It's very cool. Has HDMI out on it, with an optical out for sound, too. Doug
  24. S

With the setup, I've got an hdmi cable carrying the signal audio and visual from the WDMC into the receiver, and out via HDMI to the TV. (which has an HDMI input-Sony wega old school crt). The sound does not get broadcast over the TV (It's been turned off via controls on the TV menu.) I'm...
  25. S

Hdmi wdmc There's an HDMI out on the WDMC that runs to the TV or whatever unit you wish to output to from the WDMC. There's also a digital audio out. Doug
Back
Top Bottom