Search results

1. Smorgy

Kenwood Super Eleven voltage / fuse question.

Thank you for the information from the service manual. Since the user manual does not point me to the fuses, I am thinking that when I switch the voltage selector on the back of the unit, it will switch fuses accordingly. -Mike
  2. Smorgy

Kenwood Super Eleven voltage / fuse question.

I am about to change from 120v to 240v with my Kenwood Super Eleven receiver. I can see how to do it, but when I read the user manual, I don't see any mention of fuses. Typically when changing voltage, I have to change fuses too. Does the Super Eleven need to have some fuses changed when going...
  3. Smorgy

Harman Kardon 775 Mono Blocks from srunge55

I bought a pair of Harman Kardon 775 mono block amplifiers on Barter Town from srunge55. Smooth transaction, amps were very well packed and arrived safely. Very Happy! Thanks Steve! //Smorgy
  4. Smorgy

Thanks Rex Runner for the ultra cool Heathkit AJ-41 Bronze Beauty!

I picked up a Heathkit AJ-41 tube AM/FM tuner in Barter Town from Rex Runner. Easy transaction, tuner was well packed and arrived safely. Bonus, my wife loves it too! Thanks Rex! //Smorgy
  5. Smorgy

JVC L-A21 Belt Size

I picked up a JVC L-A21 turntable cheap on ebay. The seller indicated some problem with the belt. When it arrived, I thought there would be no belt, but indeed there was a belt, just that the belt was too long so the platter would not spin. This started an investigation as to how that might...
  6. Smorgy

Goodwill speaker find!

+1 I can't get too excited about any speakers with a paper cone tweeter. //Smorgy
  7. Smorgy

Rat Shack got me again!

My favorite Realistic receiver. Here is what the good folks at FMTunerInfo have to say about the 4 gang tuner: http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/receivers.html Scroll about half way down the page to find the STA-2080 //Smorgy
  8. Smorgy

Silver Face Delima need opinions

Marantz 2270 (with wood case) AKAI GX-F44R (with wood case) Pioneer HPM 100 The Akai GX heads last forever. Just my 2 cents. //Smorgy
  9. Smorgy

I want to fuse some Old University speakers

You would only need fuses if you were going to push beyond the rated power for the speaker. How sensitive are the University speakers? How many dB for 1 watt at 1 meter is a typical rating. If they are highly sensitive, say 100 dB 1w/1m then you don't need much power to get loud. If they are...
  10. Smorgy

EPI speakers- sound and power handling?

You have many receivers (Pioneer SX-780 (x2!), Pioneer SX-737, Pioneer SX-1010, Sansui 5000A) but no speakers? You're not 100% addicted yet... Speakers and amps together make the synergy. Saying XXX speaker sounds this way or that way is not the full story. XXX speaker sounds like this with...
  11. Smorgy

Where is this Abbey Road poster from?

For further information contact: Apple Press Office etc..... So, give 'em a ring and ask them! Maybe it was a plant to see who would actually contact them. Their phone has grown quite dusty waiting for your call . . . //Smorgy
  12. Smorgy

Pictures of wooden klipsh horns?

Sometimes things come up right away when I search, sometimes not so much. I did spend time looking but not finding. Interesting about the tremelo device and very nice pictures. Thank you Bowtie! //Smorgy
  13. Smorgy

Pictures of wooden klipsh horns?

I've been looking for some pictures of wooden klipsh horns, but so far no luck. I can find other, mostly more modern wooden horns, but not the old klipsh. Hopefully, somebody here will post a few good pics please. Thanks! //Smorgy
  14. Smorgy

One thing you sold that you regret

Pioneer PL-41 turntable. It was big and bulky, but the sonics were stellar. It played well with other components also. Whatever it was connected to, the sound was "right". At the time I didn't appreciate it fully, but many turntables later, I miss it. //Smorgy
  15. Smorgy

Realistic thrift score today with a pic.

Those look nice, definitely worth $10 each. Nice score! //Smorgy
  16. Smorgy

Pet Hair on Surround - How to Remove?

Is that surround foam? Or rubber? If its rubber, I would try a damp paper towel and gently work at the outermost edge to see if it will loosen the dust/hair combo. my .02 centavos //Smorgy
  17. Smorgy

Really Love Vinyl Records? Turn Yourself Into One

I think that I'd choose "Echoes" //Smorgy
  18. Smorgy

Realistic T100 drivers in parallel?

Yes, 4 ohm woofers would work fine. In series you will have an 8 ohm load. //Smorgy
  19. Smorgy

Realistic T100 drivers in parallel?

I had a pair of T-200s and its never satisfying running a pair of 8 ohm speakers. The best sound I got was using a single active 8 ohm speaker and a passive radiator. You'll either be running 4 ohms or 16 ohms, not the 8 ohms that these were when the original 16 ohm drivers were wired properly...
  20. Smorgy

VanAlstine

Try a 1/3 octave EQ. They are the "cut only" variety, they don't do boost. You'll need 2 since they have 30 or so channels per EQ. They give you good control over the frequency range. Check out a Urei 539 or an Altec 1650. //Smorgy
  21. Smorgy

A review of the HPM-100's and some questions

This is worth reading again. There is a Marriage between an amp and the speakers. When you get that magic combination, do not assume that you can just change out either the amp or the speakers and get the same wow factor. //Smorgy
  22. Smorgy

Today's Realistic Speaker purchase

Check the tweeters on the 5Bs, they were the weak point There is a good thread on updating the crossover on these. There are the same as the Nova 8Bs, driver wise. They sound pretty good as is, but there is an issue with the mids and tweeter hitting the same frequency ranges and the tweeters...
  23. Smorgy

do i have to keep all amps?

This is hard to answer without more information. Budget? Power level? Silver face? Wood case? Blue Tooth? I started with a 5000X. Nice 50 watts with a full wood case. Then came the QS800 rear channel amp. Matches the look of the 5000X with a full wood case, so its 4 channel Sansui! I really...
  24. Smorgy

do i have to keep all amps?

Sorry, can't help you until you have at least 1 Sansui . . . I have about 15 or so, 3 of them are Sansui . . . well, 4 if you count the QS 800 //Smorgy
  25. Smorgy

New to me Hafler 300's

Nice looking speakers, I saw those for sale. I picked up a pair of Mission 761's instead but I was sorely tempted by those Hafler 300's. Keep us posted on how they sound. //Smorgy PS - don't tip your sources, its hard to find good stuff now-a-days!
Back
Top Bottom